Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Istanbuul, Nayroobi mise Adisababa

Where would the new madaxweyne fly first? We all know sooner than expected he will fly to some capital city, right after he names the new ra'iisul wasaare or even before. But to which capital city?

I hope he flies to Istanbuul/Ankara to make a bold statement of the new found appreciation of what walaalaha Turkiga are doing in Soomaaliya. And I hope this becomes a new tradition too, same way each new leader in Jarmalka or Faransiiska mutually fly to one another's respective capital cities. Same with Canadian and American leaders, who first foreign travel is Washington (if Canadian) or Ottawa (if American) after being elected.

I agree with you he should fly to Turkey. It would be good if we maintained contact with Turkey as political friends seeing how much they did for our country. This new president better not be as Sharif Ahmed who spent most of his time up in the air around the globe then on the ground in his own country.

We can forgive if he flies within the next few days. Soomaalida these days by nature love diyaaradaha iyo dhoofka, from madaxweynahooda to muqalas-smuggled person. That is why we also love to work at the airports, from airport limo drivers to security gate people.

I hope, however, he won't be like the last three transitional leaders, whose air mile points rivaled to any decent multinational CEO.

i think he will go to America first than to Ethiopia than to Kenya than to Turkey than Uganda.

Of course the annual Qaramada Midoobay meetings late in this month. But before they flew to New York, the past Soomaali transitional presidents usually flew to Nayroobi first as a transit. I hope he breaks this too. Fly via Istanbuul.

I personally prefer he first visits his country. From Hargaysa to Garowe, Galmudug and the all other provinces in the control of the government. I want him to be the first president to move freely throughout his country and his people. Insha Allah.

Miskiin remember sh sharif first visit was Ethiopia the African union summit and after that he went to turkey. This guy his first visit will be Newyork city and maybe than turkey or Kenya or Ethiopia one of the two neighbors.

Blue, true, true, sister. Back in Diseembar of last year, I was driving my sister to the airport. She was going back to London where she lives at. You can't believe how many islaamo showed up at the airport, many of them who she didn't even know her personally. See, they also said their 'goodbyes' at where the sister was staying, still they came to the airport in one large van. Ar diyaaradaha and anything to do with it waala wada jecelyahay.

Xaaji, we will see.

Carafaat   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;868768 wrote:
We are talking about 'foreign' visits, particularly foreign capitals. Travelling within Soomaaliya kama hadleyno now, which I am sure he will in no time.

His first visit should go to Djibouti. Just like Siilanyo did when he got elected back in 2010.

Carafaat   

Visiting Garissa, Jabuuti ama Jigjiga would give the most valueble and most symbolic image ever.

I hope he doesn't go on the tuugsi spree like Shariif visiting Carabaha, Turki ama Marekan every month. :D

Abwaan   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;868760 wrote:
Where would the new madaxweyne fly first? We all know sooner than expected he will fly to some capital city, right after he names the new ra'iisul wasaare or even before. But to which capital city?

I hope he flies to Istanbuul/Ankara to make a bold statement of the new found appreciation of what walaalaha Turkiga are doing in Soomaaliya. And I hope this becomes a new tradition too, same way each new leader in Jarmalka or Faransiiska mutually fly to one another's respective capital cities. Same with Canadian and American leaders, who first foreign travel is Washington (if Canadian) or Ottawa (if American) after being elected.

MMA, although he might go to one of the neighbouring countries for transit, most likely to Kenya, the new president will fly to New York at the end of September for the UN summit insha Allaah. Any New Yorkers in SOL who can meet the president on our behalf? This will be a historic trip insha Allaah. No more Transitional...Blah....blah....blah!