Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

President Xasan Sheick on Somalia and Somaliland talks (video)

The Sage   

General Duke;868118 wrote:
XX, there will ne mo referendum or the South Sudan type of option. Somaliland is not South Sudan. All legitimate grievances should be settled and addressed correctly. A bit of maturity is required from our N-Western brothers.

Really? One would say that a negotiated settlement and supervised referendum requires more maturity than unilaterally declaring secession like Kosovo.....

Xaaji Xanduf,

This is the first time I am learning about calls for a referendum to settle this issue from you lot and sincerely welcome it. Our opposition to the unilateral secession of one single clan in the north was always based on the fact that people CANNOT secede but a territory CAN. Therefore, if you want to hold a referendum with the the consent of mother Somalia we must first all agree to the rightful territory that belongs to the i clan. Am sure there will be a lot of disagreements over who owns where which is why it needs to be negotiated. Once the rightful lands of the i clan are demarcated, then by all means lets schedule a date to have this referendum with the blessing of the Somali people. Think of it like what Scotland is trying to do. They want to have a referendum on breaking away from Great Britain but they only want to do this in the land of Scots. They are not trying to forcefully include in their referendum lands and peoples that are not Scott.

This will be a long and ongoing process, which is why we should in the meantime all work together in rebuilding our Somalia which has begun its long road to recovery. We should temper down all the unnecessary hostilities and animosities that your community feels towards the rest of Somalia. We should all focus our efforts on making the whole of Somalia a more prosperous place to live for all its people.

The way forward is only through a negotiated settlement and urge my NW brothers to be civil like the Scottish, and not act like they can use force and braggadocio to secede from Somalia. Remember, the war stricken Somalia of the last twenty years that had emboldened you guys is no more. A new Somalia is rising and I'd urge you guys not to fall behind in sulking in your own dark corner.

Wabillahi Tawfiiq

Carafaat   

Carafaat;868087 wrote:
The Presidents is determined to continue the talks with Somaliland and remove
any obstacle
that stands in the way of these talks.

That is the right direction. He has my blessings.
:D

What does he mean with any obstacle standing in the way of the talks? Maybe the likes of Faroole by chance. :D

Carafaat   

Tillamook;868285 wrote:
We should temper down all the unnecessary hostilities and animosities that your community feels towards the rest of Somalia.

Dadka qaar wee iska hadlaan. Aduun ba lama socdaan, war goorma Somalia kugu dambeysay? :D

Xaaji Xunjuf's community is the last one you canaccuse of creating 'hostilities' or 'instability' for Somalia. Mise waxa internetka ayaa run mooday. Miskiin. :D