Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

How Important is Your Mum's Tribe?

Siyaasi   

There is a Somali say "Abti waa hooyo aan naas lahayn". which means your Abti should be on the same level of love and respect as to your mum.

Laakiin waagii dagaalada waxaa dhacday in dadka qaar ay dileen abtigood gurigiisa kusoo koriyay.

Aaliyyah   

Alpha, that is good to know mashallah. Nothing will happen next week when he leaves lol...just keep that relationship going, relationships are not just one-way. Find him next time..why do you have to wait for him or any of your mother's family to call you. Take the next move. Good luck.

Moge's mom is from taleex? LOL...sheeko xariira taas miyaa..

Malika   

This is what is wrong with clannism - you start looking at people you love and care for as 'clans' instead of your beloved abti iyo habaryar. Do I care for my mothers clan? NO - but I love my abti.

Blessed   

^well put. Such an odd topic. I have no personal dealings with my parents qabiil, love my family on both sides, intaan aqaan anyway, but apart from a few years back home when I was a child, I didn't grow up with cousins or aunts or uncles close by. I've getting to know them in recent times but it was my neighbours and hooyos friends children that have filled that gap over the years.

Juxa   

I am close to all my Abtiyo and Habaryaro as my mom was close to her family. We were thought to love reer abti and reer adeer equally although i grew up with reer abti so i can understand people knowing one side of the family more than the others.

It really should not matter, all you need is mutual love and respect, qofkaad wax tari karto tar, qofkii kalana meeshada uga ducee

NGONGE   

*Blessed;864517 wrote:
^well put. Such an odd topic. I have no personal dealings with my parents qabiil, love my family on both sides, intaan aqaan anyway, but apart from a few years back home when I was a child, I didn't grow up with cousins or aunts or uncles close by. I've getting to know them in recent times but it was my neighbours and hooyos friends children that have filled that gap over the years.

Shuush, ayeeyo. Just like me, you're "pure gold" and have no say in these mortal matters. :D

Juxa   

^^ what is yours like Ngonge? do they shake head and leave the room cause they simply dont understand your ways?

NGONGE   

^^ That's all Somalis, not just my reer abti. :D

As for what mine are like, dee they're all as sweet as my ayeeyo above (as far as I've seen, or maybe it's because they think I'm "arab").

Juxa   

Blood is over-rated ninyow. There are people in your life you love more than your own siblings or blood family. Indeed in life you come to appreciate loyalty and friendship.

^ the last of the eastern habro contingent to ruin this thread. IBZ, is it true that in those parts of somaliland that incest is rife and family relations are encouraged to such an extent that its considered a 'moral duty' to marry your first cousin?

^ actually IBZ, i'm illegitimate and a wacaal. i care not for tribe but for my friends only. my whole foundation has been destroyed. the only thing left for me to do is to take my DNA samples to the national geographic genome project because maybe like nimco yassin i can discover my true identity.

can i count on your support laakin? and do you promise not to ostracise me until we get the results via DHL?