Sign in to follow this  
Mooge

Mo Farah's sister can't afford shoes

Mooge   

farah-6.jpg

Dear Mo Farah,

You did well this summer and we somalis across the world are proud of you and your hard work. now that you have done well for yourself, please help your family. I know you didn't make them poor and i know it takes time Mo but remember you can never be a role model as long as your own sister who has a sick child and twin brother are living a life of horrible poverty.

hope you read this message in time and act.

sincerly

Mooge, your fan

Tallaabo   

Mooge;858711 wrote:
farah-6.jpg

Dear Mr. Mo,

You did well this summer and we somalis across the world are proud of you and your hard work. now that you have done well for yourself, please help your family. I know you didn't make them poor and i know it takes time Mo but remember you can never be a role model as long as your own sister who has a sick child and twin brother are living a life of horrible poverty.

hope you read this message in time and act.

sincerly

Mooge, your fan

Good message, but I would rather be a fan of a Somali single mother working long hours cleaning floors in order to send some money back to her relatives in Somalia than idolise a heartless unsympathetic man like him.

Garnaqsi   

Apophis;858715 wrote:
^^ Stop being so self righteous. Mo Farah worked hard to get where he is. He does not owe his siblings a livelihood. These kinds of relying on a successful family member is not good for our society. A better message would be work hard then get a family not the other way round.

I couldn't agree more.

Mooge   

hey athiests, we are muslims. loool. stop the nonsense about the sister not working hard. if you think she is poor because she didn't work hard then you are dumber than rocks. loool.

Jacpher   

^Why are you assuming he hasn't helped her unlike you condemning him for bring awareness? Mo has a moral obligation to help out his family if this is true.

he help his family,build houses even for cousins & otha relatives.They get their monthly payment too.I don't know when those pictures were taken.Close relative of his told me that.

Aaliyyah   

It is not wise or islamic to make assumptions based on few photos here and there.

With that being said, those of us who are abroad who are fortunate enough to have a decent life without a doubt should think about our families and extended families back home. Taasi waa waajib na saaran. (qof aad 100 u dirtay oo ku duceeyey ka waran oo maalinkasta ku duceenaya..iyo ilaahay oo arka qofka miskiinka aad wax u qabtay..100 wont do much for us but it means a lot to those back home..akhirana qofwalba in uu wax sii keedsado ayuu u baahanyahay. Maalinta qiyaame ee waxa kaliya ku anfacaya noqonayo camalkaaga saalixa ah)

And to the poster if you really cared about Mo's sister and you were genuine in your statements you would have easily found his contact info and perhaps emailed him or called him up instead of putting this online.

salaam

N.O.R.F   

Looking foward to reading his book when published (I hope he touches on these sort of issues and expectations etc etc).

Where do these new breed of SOLers come from?