Sign in to follow this  
Salafi_Online

Where did Da'wah(the call to) Salafiyah Originate?

As salaam 'alaykum

This message is for those who dont know the nature of Salafiyyah and the Salafees.

One must understand that Salafiyyah is not a newly invented group or sect. In fact, it is nothing less than the way of Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jamaa'ah that existed from the time of our dear and beloved Prophet Muhammad (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam), rather it is the pure Religion of Hanifiyyah that has existed from the time of Ibraaheem and before him from Aadam ('alayhis salaam).

Refer to the post below in which Shaykh 'Ubayd al-Jaabiree is asked about Salafiyyah and its origins:

Question:

"When did ad-Da‘watus-Salafiyyah first begin? Did ad-Da‘watus-Salafiyyah begin - as some people claim - just two hundred years ago?

Answer:

"All praise is for Allaah, the Lord of all the Worlds. The good end (or Paradise) is for the pious. I bear witness that there is no deity worthy of worship in truth, except Allaah, who is alone without partner the true deity of the first creation and the true deity of the last creation. And I further bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and Messenger and His chosen, reliable, faithful servant, may the Peace and Blessings of Allaah be upon him and his family and upon his good and pure Companions.

To proceed:

I will first speak about the meaning of (the word) Salafiyyah. What is Salafiyyah?

The linguistic meaning of Salafiyyah refers to those who have preceded us. So the Saalif (the singular of salaf) means predecessor. And the meaning of the verb salafa means to be past, to be bygone, or to precede. And the legal meaning in Islaam of the word Salafiyyah is everyone who preceded us after the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahi ‘alayhi wa sallam) from the Companions and all those who followed them in righteousness and piety, following the Qur’aan and the authentic Sunnah (whoever does that) then he is Salafee.

So based upon this, ad-Da‘watus-Salafiyyah is the da‘wah of the people to act in accordance with that which the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahi ‘alayhi wa sallam) was upon and that which his Companions were upon after him, from worshipping Allaah with sincerity and acting in accordance with the Qur’aan and the Sunnah in worship, as well as in our day to behaviour in our association with others. This is Salafiyyah.

As for (answering your question) when did ad-Da‘watus-Salafiyyah begin, then this requires the explanation of two things:

Firstly, ad-Da‘watus-Salafiyyah is the pure Religion which calls to Tawheed and sincerity of worship. It is the da‘wah or the call to belief in Allaah, His Angels, His Books, His Messengers, the Day of Judgement, and belief in Qadar (pre-Decree). Therefore, ad-Da‘watus-Salafiyyah is the da‘wah of all of the Prophets, from Nooh who was the first Prophet, all the way to Muhammad (sallallaahi ‘alayhi wa sallam) who was the last and final Prophet and Messenger to be sent to mankind. May Peace and Blessings be upon them all. Therefore, the history of ad-Da‘watus-Salafiyyah begins with the first Prophet. It can even be said that ad-Da‘watus-Salafiyyah begins with Aadam (‘alayhis salaam) because it is the pure Religion. And ad-Da‘watus-Salafiyyah is understanding the Qur’aan and the Sunnah as Allaah and His Messenger (sallallaahi ‘alayhi wa sallam) have commanded us to do so. And it is doing what Allaah and His Messenger have commanded us to do desiring the reward that is with Allaah. And it is staying away from that which Allaah and His Messenger have prohibited fearing the Punishment of Allaah. So the history of ad-Da‘watus-Salafiyyah is not something that can be limited to one hundred years or two hundred years or five hundred years. The only thing that can be limited to any specific time period are the activities of certain astray da’wah groups such as the Ikhwaanul-Muslimeen and Jamaa‘atut-Tableegh and the Surooriyyah/Qutubiyyah and other than them from the da‘wah groups that have recently arisen. That was the first thing I wanted to explain clearly.

As for the second thing, ad-Da‘watus Salafiyyah was not founded by any specific person. And perhaps this is the reason why people ask when did ad-Da‘watus-Salafiyyah begin. So I say that adDa‘watus-Salafiyyah was not founded or established by any one specific person. Rather the Prophets and Messengers (’alayhimus salaam) were sent with this Da‘wah by Allaah the Glorified and Exalted. Therefore my son, the origin of the Da‘watus-Salafiyyah is the text (the Qur’aan and the Sunnah) and Ijmaa‘ (consensus of the scholars) and its origin is not based upon a simple notion, concept or opinion. So the leaders of ad-Da‘watus-Salafiyyah are the Prophets (‘alayhimus-salaam) and they are the Imaams of creation. And then, after them are the Companions of the Prophets. And after them are the scholars. Just as we find in an authentic Hadeeth: "The leaders of the Children of Israa’eel were prophets and every time a prophet was killed (halaka), another prophet came after him, and there is no Prophet after me." [1] So Allaah has rendered the leadership of this Ummah in the hands of the scholars.

And the scholars are those who are described and known to have knowledge and they explain matters of religion based upon the Qur’aan and the Sunnah. And they explain and solve any problems or difficulties that they encounter in understanding the texts (of the Qur’aan and Sunnah) by utilizing the Seerah (biographies) of the Salafus-Saalih (Righteous Predecessors) from the Companions (radiyallaahu ‘anhum) and the scholars of the Taabi‘een (the generation after the Companions), as well as the scholars of the three preferred generations which are the best of generations of people as the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said:

"The best of people are my generation, then those after them, then those after them." [2]

Therefore, it is not correct to say that Salafiyyah is a notion or thought or a concept that someone came up with because ad-Da‘watus-Salafiyyah was not founded or established by any one individual, rather this Da‘wah is what the Prophets and Messengers came with, then those who came after them from the Companions of the Prophets and Messengers, then those who called to the Religion of Allaah upon knowledge thereafter. They are the ones who call to ad-Da‘watus-Salafiyyah. So from amongst the Salafees of the Ummah of Muhammad (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) that Allaah decreed to renewers of ad-Da‘watus-Salafiyyah were four:

Ahmad Ibn Hanbal (d.241H). He renewed ad-Da‘watus-Salafiyyah amongst those Muslims who were tested with the statement that the Qur’aan is created. Imaam Ahmad and those with him in spreading ad-Da‘watus-Salafiyyah - and he was the best of them and most patient of them and the strongest of them - until Allaah healed the Ummah through him. He explained to the people that the Qur’aan was the uncreated Speech of Allaah revealed from Him. And that Jibreel came down with it to Muhammad (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam).

The second renewer was Shaykhul-Islaam, al-Imaam Ahmad Ibn Taymiyyah (d.728H). Whoever reads his book, and from them is Majmoo‘ul-Fataawaa, then he will see how Shaykhul-Islaam advises with the Sunnah and opposes innovation (in matters of religion) and how he exerted himself in clarifying the Sunnah and educating the people. However, these two Imaams, Imaam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal and Ahmad Ibn Taymiyyah - may Allaah have mercy upon them both - did not have a country behind them helping them and defending them.

Nur   

Salafi bro.

Asalamu Calaykum wa raxmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

Could you please explain this passage further, I find it very interesting and I need more elaboration:

" It can even be said that ad-Da‘watus-Salafiyyah begins with Aadam (‘alayhis salaam) because it is the pure Religion."

Question: Then could we assume that Salafiyyah started with Adam aleyhi salaam, as the first Salafi?

All the prophets then would have benn Salafis?

And anyone who refused being Salafi, was against the message of the Messengers, rejection of te messengers message being Kufr.

Then, Prophet Muhammad SAWS was a Salafi, accodring to the above definition, since Salafia began wit Adam , Muhammad just being a follower of Salafiyah movement?

Your Sheikh write s" So the history of ad-Da‘watus-Salafiyyah is not something that can be limited to one hundred years or two hundred years or five hundred years."

I have read justification of exisitence of many groups in Islam, I have to admit, this one beats them all, no one ever produced this claim before, I ask, if since Adam the only valid Dawah was the Salafiyah Dawah, then why did Abraham caleyhi salaam call the ummah this Ummah Muslims?

Rescue me from my ignorance

Nur

Innalhamdulillah

Brother Nur, wa Alaykum Salam wa rahmatullahi wa baaarakatu…..

Akhi Baarakallahu feek….I really appreciated your patience..May Allah reward you.

By the way when is this party going to take place…I’m really anxious!

As for your queries inshallah I hope you find relieve in this.

" It can even be said that ad-Da‘watus-Salafiyyah begins with Aadam (‘alayhis salaam) because it is the pure Religion

Question: Then could we assume that Salafiyyah started with Adam aleyhi salaam, as the first Salafi?."

ad-Da‘watus-Salafiyyah is the da‘wah of the people to act in accordance with that which the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahi ‘alayhi wa sallam) was upon and that which his Companions were upon after him, from worshipping Allaah with sincerity and acting in accordance with the Qur’aan and the Sunnah in worship, as well as in our day to behaviour in our association with others. This is Salafiyyah.

this is the definition of Shaykh Ubayd…on the initial post.

At this moment I would like to bring up what

Shaykh Albani said about Da’wah Salafiyah…He says:

“Da’wah Salafiyah”

"a word which indicates our aqidah and our thought and our starting point in our lives and which relates to the affairs of our deen by which we worship Allaah. "

Any sensible Muslim knows that Muhammad(saw) did not come with a new religion rather….he came with the same religion of Adam, Nuh,Ibrahim and the rest of the Anbiyah….Thus whatever Muhammad(saw) Came with and call to …then All the Prophets who Preceded Him came with the same message. They all had the same ‘aqeeda(belief). No true Muslim would dispute this.

This takes us to the Manhaj (methodology) of the Messenger of Allah:

The Messenger of Allaah said:

“Indeed before you from the people of the book, they were divided into 72 sects, and that this Ummah will divide into 73 sects. 72 in the Hellfire and one in the Paradise, He was asked, who are they oh Messenger? he said: They are those who are upon what I am upon today and my companions” [Hadeeth is authentic, see al-Amru bil-Ittibaa’ with the Tahqeeq of Mashhoor Hasan p.47]

Therefore whatever the Prophet was upon….Then the companions where upon it….Their manhaj(metholody) is but one. NO Sensible Muslim would dispute this!

But What do we mean by Manhaj? We mean

it’s the methodology we use to understand this DEEN so we can worship Allah the correct way free from all defects(ie.innovations)

Ibn Mas'ood, radiallaahu 'anhu, described the Companions of the Messenger of Allaah (saws) saying,

"Allaah looked into the hearts of the servants and found the heart of Muhammad (saws) to be the best of hearts, so He chose him for Himself and sent with him His Revelation, then He looked into the hearts of the servants after the heart of Muhammad (saws) and found the hearts of his Companions to be the best of the hearts of the servants, so He made them the helpers of His Prophet, fighting for His Religion. So that which the Muslims hold to be good is good with Allaah and that which they hold to be bad is bad with Allaah." Reported in the Musnad of Imaam Ahmad(1/379) and declared hasan by Shaikh al-Albaanee in ad-Da'eefah(2/17).

Allah Reinforces these two hadith….he says:

“And whoever contradicts and opposes the Messenger (Muhammad SAW) after the right path has been shown clearly to him, and follows other than the believers' way. We shall keep him in the path he has chosen, and burn him in Hell - what an evil destination).[](4:115)

Any reasonable Muslim would know that the believers in this Ayah are the companions(RA)….&

“And the first to embrace Islâm of the Muhâjirûn (those who migrated from Makkah to Al-Madinah) and the Ansâr (the citizens of Al-Madinah who helped and gave aid to the Muhâjirûn) and also those who followed them exactly (in Faith). Allâh is well-pleased with them as they are well-pleased with Him. He has prepared for them Gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise), to dwell therein forever . That is the supreme success.” (9:100)

Allah gives Tazkiyah (purification ) to the Companions…there are many more Ayahs where Allah Praises the Sahab…unfortunately do to my lack of memory….I shall conclude with these.

One last note on Tazkiyah: the Messenger of Allah(saas) Said: the best people are those from my generation, then those who follow them and then those who follow them....

So we ask, best in what?

response: Best in Understanding and implementing this Islam!

Thus, It is evident that The Sahaab and the Messenger of Allah(saw) are on the same path concerning the deen of Allah.

This takes us back to the word salafiyah..> Salafiyah is just not a word, rather it’s a method… is the da‘wah of the people to act in accordance with that which the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahi ‘alayhi wa sallam) was upon and that which his Companions were upon after him, from worshipping Allaah with sincerity and acting in accordance with the Qur’aan and the Sunnah in worship, as well as in our day to behaviour in our association with others. This is Salafiyyah.

So We say that Whatever the companions where upon in Aqeeda, in manners of worship, in manners of behaviour…ect…ect..ect..They acquired all this from the messenger of Allah(saas)….And Whatever The messenger of Allah(saw) was Upon…So was Adaam(As) and ALL the other prophets as well!

Thus the manhaj of the Anbiyah(prophets) is equivalent to the Manhaj of the Salaf us Salih. NO REASONABLE PERSON WOULD DISPUSE THIS.

As for calling Adaam a Salafi…we do not do this….we do not call Abu Bakr(ra) or Umar(ra) or any of the companions “ salafi ”…Rather we refer to them as ourSalaf ….

Ex.

the Prophet (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam)He said to Faatimah, " How excellent a Salaf I am for you. " (Muslim, no. 2450).

Thus Adam and all the Anbiyah(prophets) are our Salaf who ALL hold the same manhaj(methodology) concerning the Deen of Allah…

Thus WE can say Adam(as)…is the first person Allah established this manhaj with! And this manhaj will remain with us until Yawmul Qiyam(day of Resurrection)

Im in the process of writing the responses to the other questions you’ve posted…Inshallah be patient with me, Indeed I dislike to write in haste.

Nur   

Salafi bro.

Imam Shafici was once accused of being a Raafdhi (Shia), the imaam said that " if the love of aalal beit makes me a Raafdhi, then let everyone take a note that I am a Rafdhi" intahaa kalaamu sheikh.

Now, if all the principle of ahlul Sunnah wal Jamaacah are called Salafiya, then shouldn't we all declare ourselves to be Salafiyah? because I am a firm believer in following the Quran and Sunnah of SCWS, particularly in issues of Aqeedah I have a sheikh called Ibn Taymia, on heart softeners, Ibn al Qayyim al Jawziyah. I have extensively read about/for many of the Salaf writers, and they were humans with as many mistakes as anyone else.

However in later years, the lost groups and fitna increased, so did the level of sophistication of scholars of Ahlul Sunnah wal Jamaaca, like the four imaams and later like Ibn Taymia, who among other things wrote about medicine, I even read a masterpiece book titled, " Mufiidul Culuum wa Mubiidul Humuum" guess who wrote it? a mathematician known as Al Khawaarizmi, we name him Algorhithem, as such, the Salaf, where prudent in all fields of knowledge and practical.

The above is to show that te essence of the beliefs of Ahlul Sunnah wal Jamaacah are solid in Tawheed, Fiqh and sharia, however, the discussion on this thread should focus if we the ahlul Sunnah wal Jamaaca

1. Need a name change, bcause we want to be different?

2. If it is in the akhlaaq of the Salaf ul Saalih, to point fingers and make tajriix of other groups who we differ in some of the aqeedah issues or Fiqh? like puting down the Tabligh, ikhwan and the Saruuri?

I am in the opinion that if innovation is what we are warned against, then, calling ourselkves Salafiyah to be a clear Bidca, innovation that only creates and supports other groups to call themselves with similar cult names.

Brother, it is true that their is al Firqah al Naajiyah, it is also true that many groups are claiming to be following the Sunnah and Quraan, to qualify to be that group, but, how we go about interpeting the Quraan and Sunnah and te knowledge of events in our times make a world of difference and thus the gaps between the groups, however, jumping the gun to disqualify all other groups to be hell bound except te Salafis, is not a wise way to advance the way of the Salaf.

As for the party, all Salafis, ikhwaanis, Tabliighis, Sarusri, Taxriris who follow Allah and his messenger, believe in the unseen, are invited as long as they follow imagine all these jamaacaat guys laughing out loud and chatting in the party as brothers. Because this party gurantees good times, all who make it will be cleaned and cured of their confusions.

" wa nazacnaa maa fii quluubihim min ghillin, ikhwaanan, calaa sururin, mutaqaabiliin"

Nur

sahal   

If we assume all what you're sayings are true, why there are at least 5 different groups who each group claiming that they're the real Salafiyah and others are just claimers.

Which group is the real Salafi.

For erxample Saruuri's claiming to be real salafis since they've no Bay'a with fahad and any other corrupt leader, so is Kuwait's Salafiyah, So is A-muhajiroun, So is the most prominant Saudi Ulumas like Sheikh Salman A-awda, Safar Al-xawali and many others, your group are also caliming to be Salafiyah so. Who is and who is not?

Innalhamdulillah...

Bro Nur, Allahu Knows best but i believe you have raised up two new Issue.....

1. Need a name change, bcause we want to be different?

2. If it is in the akhlaaq of the Salaf ul Saalih, to point fingers and make tajriix of other groups who we differ in some of the aqeedah issues or Fiqh? like puting down the Tabligh, ikhwan and the Saruuri?

And Inshallah....As i do not have excess time available i can only respond to one concern at a time....So Inshallah Please refrain from posing more questions....until i have responded to all of your concerns.

sahal Bro.

Salman A-awda, Safar Al-xawali,Saruuri's, Are not Salafies....Salma A-awda and safar al-xawali vilify The Kibar Ulaama of our time and past.

Imaam al-Albani, Uthaymin,Muqbil & Bin Baaz points out the deviation in the manhaj of these three callers.

Akhi sahal, my request is still open...We can talk about this in Private inshallah..The religion is advice(ad deena Nasee7a). my email is prince_aw@yahoo.ca

sahal   

What abot Abdurahman Abdulkhaliq and his followers in Kuwait and elsewhere?

And Algerian Salafis who are fighting Against their military backed government?

I think there is nothing wrong with asking questions publicly since others also will benefit from it.

Rahima   

Salman A-awda, Safar Al-xawali,Saruuri's, Are not Salafies....Salma A-awda and safar al-xawali vilify The Kibar Ulaama of our time and past.

Simply because they may not agree with particular culimaa' on certain issues, does not mean that these two noble shuyuukh have left the fold of the salafi manhaj.

Do you not know that Shaykh ibn Baz used to see these two shuyuukh whilst they were in jail? Does that not say anything about what he thought of them?

Brother with all due respect, i believe it would be best that you learnt a tad more than what they teach you at your local masjid. Often some Muslims get into the habit of blind following with the detrimental affects of making wrong accusations.

Both Shaykh Safar al-xawli and Shaykh Salman al-awda were only in line with the teaching of Rasuallah when they objected to the kufaar coming on to the Arabian Peninsula. Was this not what Rasuallah s.c.w himself said? Not to mention, in Islam, so long as one has daleel we can disagree with the rulings of any calim for only the blessed prophet is to be followed blindly, hence it does not necessarily mean that they have left the fold of the manhaj. In essence the disagreement between the culimaa was a political issue and not necessarily one of manhaj, for that reason you cannot claim they are not salafis. It is not wise that we get into this issue for it is of no real benefit, however at best we must clarify this important point.

Bottom line is fear Allah for Rasuallah said that Allah has said (Xadiith Qudsi-roughly translated), he who is an enemy of my awliya will be in war with ME.

Like I've said previously, it is best that all you brothers refrain from these pointless arguments for clearly none of us (probably excluding Br Nur) have enough knowledge to discuss them. All are basically just reiterating what they hear from their group of brothers at the masjid.

Furthermore, in these forums, this is POINTLESS. It would be best that the two of you discuss far more important issues like caqiida, salat and sawm for i'm sure we all need to know more about them. Such discussions would be far more beneficial than that which even the scholars are debating about. And salafi-online, as much as it could be said that i am in line with the salafi manhaj, i believe you concentrate on it a bit too much, talk about that which more people can identify with- a very good dacwa tool which we should all employ. If the issue comes up, then fine, give it some attention, but why is it always the bluk of your message?

Viking   
"Wa sharrul Umoori Muhdathaatuhaa, Wa kulla Bid'atin dhaialah, wa kulla dhalatin fin-naar" Al-Hadith (Sahih Muslim).

"Wa sharrul Umoori Muhdathaatuhaa, Wa kulla Bid'atin dhaialah, wa kulla dhalatin fin-naar" Al-Hadith (Sahih Muslim).

And the worst of the affairs is innovations, and all innovations is misguidance. and All Misguidance is in the fire(Al Hadith) Sahih Muslim

Rahima...Im Not going to argue with you About these two individuals, if anyone looked into their affairs they would know that they are from the people of Innovation(ahlul Bid'ah)

and By Allah! The noble MaShaykh criticized them for their khawarij manhaj. If they were on the salafi manhaj...then there would be no kalam towards them. I have the dalil(cassettes), but i was hoping Sahal would email me...and i would have given to him....This resquest is also open to you!

The Noble Shaykh who refuted them are: Uthaymin, Albani, Muqbil, Saleh Fawzan, Rabee, Jaabiree,Bin Baaz(he went to advice then in prison) (ad deena Nassee7a)Religion is advice, Do you believe they speak without dalil? Allahu Musta3an..is this the characteristics and manners of a Calim?

and no I did not hear this from my Local masjid...I dont believe in Wa Qila wa Qal(she said/he said) speech..Plus its Pure Ikhwani, Nor do we Blind Follow anyone, but we take the dalil when it is presented to us. NOr do we repress the truth even if its against out our nafs(self)

Bro Sahal

This also Includes Abdurahman Abdulkhaliq.

Rahima   

Like I said, this is really a political issue turned into one of manhaj. We all know that ones views on these two shuyuukh is dependent on which side of the political divide one stands on (pro Saudi regime vs. anti-Saudi regime).

Can you imagine what Shaykh ibn Taymiyaa would of have done if he was alive during the gulf war debacle?

The point in essence is, is it Islamically correct and acceptable to oppose the likes of the Saudi regime? It maybe that both Shaykh Safar and Shaykh Salmaan did not employ the best of methods (as is the reason for Al-Banis criticism of them- not that he disagrees with their point of contention) but it does not necessarily mean that they were wrong in their stance.

When this fitna occurred, the scholars of Islam took differing views, some were extremely against both the shuyuukh (like Shaykh Fawzaan), some were against but more mild in their reserve (such as Al-bani and ibn Cuthaymin- for different reasons), some in silent favour such as Bakr Abu Zaid and others in public favour such as ibn jibreen. Why do people such as yourself often fail to mention the mashaayakh who were in support of Sh Safar and Sh. Salman? Akhi, it is best that we be fair and acknowledge that the mashaayakh were divided on that political issue, but they all unanimously agreed that both Shaykh Safar and Shaykh Salman were still salafis and still on the salafi manhaj. Hence it is well advised that you stop slandering the scholars of Islam and fear Allah. You are serving no purpose by any of these baseless claims. There is an etiquette to disagreements, one been to avoid insults and name-calling. But please do private msg me with your proof of their so-called deviation. I would like proof, which is more than that perpetuated by ignorant Muslims who have mastered the decieving arts of misquoting and taking out of context.

As for the issue of ibn Baz visiting Safar in prison, he visited him to ask him if he needed anything and as you might know when Sh. safars mother scolded Sh. ibn baz, he actually cried as a result of it. Furthermore, after their imprisonment, ibn Baz still insisted that the two shuyuukh were still of the Ahlu-Sunnah. I'm sure that these two points speak for themselves!

AYOUB   

Nur

I am in the opinion that if innovation is what we are warned against, then, calling ourselves Salafiyah to be a clear Bidca, innovation that only creates and supports other groups to call themselves with similar cult names.

Interesting point and posts from everyone.

Innalhamdulillah.....

Rahima and others inshallah im busyin typing my responses to brother Nur....So i will not take much of your time disputing with u the condition of safar And the other guy..... but read it for yourself...and its upon you to accept it or reject.

Imaam al-Albani was asked concerning the book, "Dhahiratul-Irjaa fil-Fikr al-Islami" of Safar al-Hawali, and in this book takfir is performed on account of certain sins! He replied:

“They have opposed the Salaf in much of the issues of manhaj, and it is befitting that I label them the Khawarij of the era. And this resembles their emergence at the current time – in which we read their statements – because they, in reality, their words take the direction and objective of that of the Khawarij in performing takfir of the one who commits major sins. And perhaps I should say, this is either due to ignorance on their behalf or due to devised plot!! And I say this in light of [the statement of Allaah], "Let not the hatred of a people make you depart from justice. Be just and fair and that is closer to taqaa". I do not know whether they say that every major sin takes one outside the fold of Islaam! However, they always revolve around certain major sins but remain silent or just pass by other major sins! And for this reason I do not see that we should make this label absolute, and that we should say, ‘They are Khawarij’, except from certain aspects. And this is the justice that we have been ordered to abide by…" [The Cassette:The Surooriyyah are the Khawarij of the Era, end of the first side]. Dated 17th Dhul-Hijjah 1417H.

And by Allah its on Tape....I swear in the Name of Allah. NO misquoting you can hear on your own...

www.khalifbinwalid.com bookstore and order it

They Accuse Albani of Irji’a,

Read the words of Albani.

And Shaikh ul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah has explained the perspective from which faith, Eemaan, consists of actions, and that it increases and decreases - [his discussion] needing no further elaboration - in his book 'al-Eemaan'. So the one who requires more detail can refer back to it. I say: This is what I used to write for more than twenty years, affirming the madhhab of the Salaf and the Aqeedah of Ahl us-Sunnah - and all praise is due to Allaah - in the issues pertaining to Eemaan, and then there come - in the present times - reckless ignoramuses, who are but young newcomers accusing us of Irjaa !! To Allaah is the complaint of the evil that they are upon, of ignorance, misguidance and scum" Imaam al-Albani also stated in one the most recent of his books that were published, Adh-Dhabb al-Ahmad an Musnad al-Imaam Ahmad, p.33 (1999, 1420H):

And By Allah, Let Allah be the witness...that Shaykh Albani was exiled From Saudiyah...So let this not be an accuse to reject his statements.

what Shaykh Uthaymin Has to say about them.

(Listen to the recorded discussion in Real Audio) if it does work you can go to www.spubs.com and listen to it yourself

One of the students of knowledge from Algeria asked the noble Shaikh, Muhammad bin Saalih al-Uthaimeen about some groups of people who make takfir of the rulers without any guidelines and conditions.

The Shaikh replied: "Those who make takfir, they are the inheritors of the Khawaarij.

Questioner: "Also, they listen to the cassettes of Salmaan bin Fahd al-Awdah, and Safar al-Hawaali!! Do we advise them to not listen to them?!!" you advise us not to listen to them?

Shaikh Ibn Uthaimeen: "No . I advise you to listen to the cassettes of Shaikh ibn baaz, the cassettes of Shaikh al-albaani, the cassettes of the scholars who are known for uprightness and integrity (i'tidaal), AND WHO ARE NOT KNOWN FOR REVOLUTIONARY IDEOLOGY (THAWRAH FIKRIYYAH)"!!

I can keep on posting the statements of the scholar...BUt inshallah no need for me to do as such....Rahima...if your content in defending these people who vile speaker,and who perform takfir on other muslims due to major sins...Then By Allah i will not dispute with you....Because either you dont know their conditions or your those who defend their vile manhaj.

Few example: From these speakers

One of those who ascribes himself to the da’wah (Salman al-Awdah) states, "And from publicising one’s sin is that a person boasts about his disobedience in front of his friends. He begins to proclaim that he did such and such. And then he begins to count off a list of sins. Such a one will not be forgiven!! Unless he repents, because the Prophet (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) has judged over him that he will not be forgiven, ‘All of my Ummah will be forgiven…’. And filthier and more grave than this is that some of them will say, ‘I have unlawful relationships’, and ‘I have female friends’ and ‘I have {certain types of) magazines’. Such as person is satisfied with sinfulness. And some of them record their sin on tape and describe how they become deranged by a youthful girl and how they committed unlawful intercourse with her. And this is apostasy from Islaam. Such a one will remain eternally in the Hellfire! Unless he repents." [Cassette: Jalsah ala ar-Rasif].

And about the singers who distribute their cassettes amongst the youth and which invite the youth to lowly acts, he says, "I am at perfect ease (of conviction) that the one who does this, the least that can be said about him is that he belittles sin. And there is no doubt that belittling sin – especially when it is a major sin and its unlawfulness is agreed upon – is disbelief (kufr) in Allaah. So there is no doubt concerning the likes of these people that this act of theirs is apostasy from Islaam. I say this and my heart is tranquil and at perfect ease with it" [Cassette: Ash-Shabaab, As’ilah wa Mushkilaat]

Rahima is this the manhaj of the Salaf? but what ever im done with this topic and inshallah i will not visit it again....their conditions are well known

Albani says: I say: Certainly takfir and considering the divulgence and spreading of sin amongst the people by way of certain types of media to be a belittlement of sin that constitutes disbelief (kufr), shows the great boldness and courage towards making takfir on account of a major sin. It shows the lack of fearfulness and piety. And this is the methodology of the Khawarij, in that they perform takfir on account of major sins.

Rahima

YOu need to stop assuming things...first you assumed that we heard this from our local masjids, now we heard it from ignorant Muslims who have mastered the decieving arts of misquoting and taking out of context.

sahal   

Assalamu Calaykum;

Salafi-on-line could you please enlighten the critrea that one could become out of the SALAF manhaj?

Is this to do with the politic (as Sis. Rahima suugested) or something else like if sheikh Fulan said this person is not on salaf manhaj that is it?

Why i'm asking this question;

because i heard both of these two critrea's so please enlighten me since you envolved these issues more than me.