Sign in to follow this  
MoonLight1

Why Abdi Bile wasn't Somalia's flag bearer at the Olympics?

Abwaan   

I don't see the point of us arguing about this. No doubt that Abdi Bile is a hero and I personally preffered him to be the flag bearer. It sounds that there were some technical issues which has resulted Zamzam to be the flag bearer ostead. The Somali Olympic committe need to pursue this matter with the LOCOG when suitable and file a complain as there should be no excuse to sideline Abdi Bile......is this because he won the Gold Medal against the British Guy Steve Cram back in 1987? Something is wrog here annagana Soomaalida leenu jeednaa. For Maryooleey. Let us focus on the bigger issue which is for the two Somali athletes that are competing to win medals and let us support them. The Olympic team and committee deserve respect they prepared this with little resources. I beleive none of us here contributed to this cause financially, so stop complaining. :D Go Somalia. For those who cannot see it there has been an improvement, when did you see the people like, Abdi Bile and Baarajab walking next to the Somali flag bearer during the Olympics opening ceremonies? Let us not go back to the civil war and politics issue....it is Ramadan and we ar talking about the olympics over here..............Go Zamzam and Mohamed and win those gold medals:D.....Viva Somalia!

MoonLight1;853394 wrote:
The Somali National Olympic committee president Duran Ahmed Farah

THIS man was my quranic teacher from back in the day. i'm talking back in 1990s/2000s. i can tell you he wasn't the brightest spark among a dim lot.

Technicalities iyo protocols ayaa jirto u maleynaa. In ciyaartoyda calanka sidaan, hadduu qof kale loo dhiibo la rabana ama laga rabaa in uu ka mid ahaado guddiga Olombigada dalkuu kasoo jeedo. Marka waxaa u maleynaa only an 'official member' ama 'athlete' calanka sidi karo. My guessing.

Alpha Blondy;853422 wrote:
THIS man was my quranic teacher from back in the day. i'm talking back in 2000s. i can tell you he wasn't the brightest spark among a dim lot.

LoL.

Abwaan   

Alpha Blondy;853422 wrote:
THIS man was my quranic teacher from back in the day. i'm talking back in 2000s. i can tell you he wasn't the brightest spark among a dim lot.

Alpha, You now want to let us believe that you were one of the Alhijra Dugsi kids?:D

lol@abwaan,

you must have been the class of 95'. you know the old man whose arrival in the UK warranted that 43% of his actual 'life' was downsized in order to meet basic numeracy and literacy, despite getting 1 GCSE (P.E) and 6 Grade 'G's' at secondary school and come to 'us' with this make-believe lies and tries to convince 'us' he's only 14 when really your like 27ish.

I was brother....do you remember that family with lots of kids who were one of the first there, in fact we won family of the year for 4 yrs straight. i'm talking like old skool - like i wasn't even conceived yet but with brilliant smile and all my front teeth missing....ah bless lol.

Abwaan   
:D Alpha....I guess you are mad at Duran, because you were not picked to play for Alhijra Football Team?

Abwaan   

Look at how Abdi Bile sas ugu ridey:D Sebastian Coe, The London Olympics Chairman. He was not expecting Bile at all, markaas baa 90 miles per hour lagu dhaafay....This was one of the most historic days for Somalia.

ab.jpg

Abwaan   

look at here too: Said Cawayta iyo Sebastian Coe ayaa weriyuhu ragga uu xusayo ka mid ah illaa Cabdi Bile la wareego hoggaanka:D

This dude was a BEAST back in the day. I can never ever get enough of his videos. I re watch and re watch. Damn his strides were awesome. I think the 1500M is by far the most coolest of the mid distance races. I cant wait for this year!

Anyway, About Abdi Bile not being the flag bearer, I think this was "political" whatever it is....let it be folks. LET the CURRENT athletes who worked their azzes off for this Olympics be the flag bearers. You dont see Haile Gabresalisie or Kip keino bearing flags for Ethiopia and Kenya or Carl Lewis or Ben Johnson doing for America or Canada. It was an ill advised attempt to begin with.

Go Team Blue. Go Team Somalia. I hope they finish the race...the 1500M is a tough race. Asbel Kiprop of Kenya and the Ethiopians are bbad. The 800M is almost impossible,for zamzam as well,but you never know..There is Semenya after all. :) good luck #Team Somalia.

NGONGE   

Abwaan;853435 wrote:
Look at how Abdi Bile sas ugu ridey:D Sebastian Coe, The London Olympics Chairman. He was not expecting Bile at all, markaas baa 90 miles per hour lagu dhaafay....This was one of the most historic days for Somalia.

ab.jpg

That's Steve Cram, saaxib. He now commentates for the BBC & Eurosport. Seb Coe wasn't even in the Rome final (and I don't speak from some google knowledge either, I watched all those races back when). :D

It was a good race and he had some great speed at the end.

ElPunto   

Faarax-Brawn;853537 wrote:
You dont see Haile Gabresalisie or Kip keino bearing flags for Ethiopia and Kenya or Carl Lewis or
Ben Johnson doing for
America or
Canada
. It was an ill advised attempt to begin with.

Oh no you didn't! Ben Johnson? His medal was stripped from him due to doping. Bloody Americans!