Sign in to follow this  
Love Somalia

What's the general opinion on PM Abdiweli Ali?

I'm curious as to the opinions folks have on the Roadmap process and its architect, the current Prime Minister Abdiweli Ali. Has he been good for the country? Made things worse? I've not read much about him here but have seen many threads on Pres Sharif, Farmaajo and other politicians.

Carafaat   

PM Abdiwali has done well. He has maneuvered Somalia through the constitutional storm, has prevented Faroole's piracy attemps, Shabaab's suicide attacks and the HAGS delaying tactics. And thanks to Abdiwali and his team. He has showed Somalis that there are honoust politicians who can do their job for the common good and common interest of all Somalis.

Kudos to PM Abdiwali.

Abwaan   

Abdiweli did some good things in this tough period and deserves a respect for that. I think he was not strong or honest enough to deal with Farole's nonesense like both Omar Abdirashid and Farmaajo did. I also think that one of his problems is the clan issue. Some people who work with the government or are somehow connected to the TFG accused him and even stated that the only other individuals who are not from his immediate sub-clan that has worked at his office were Eng. Yariisoow who recently left his post and AUN Faisal H. Elmi who was killed after he got injured during the Mogadishu Theatre suicide attack back in April this year. He has the right to become a candidate and he is surely better than many that are running but I would not vote for him to be a president for Somalia.

Carafaat   

Love Somalia;851455 wrote:
Some responses! I thought this forum had a newb-phobia running right through it.

Don't be fooled.

It seems that Abdiwali has broad support, except he doesnt seem to be the candidate of choice among the diehard Puntlanders. Otherwise you would have noticed by all the post and threads from Fiqiyare, Uchi and and Dr.Osman. :D

Mooge   

Abwaan;851465 wrote:
Abdiweli did some good things in this tough period and deserves a respect for that. I think he was not strong or honest enough to deal with Farole's nonesense like both Omar Abdirashid and Farmaajo did. I also think that one of his problems is the clan issue. Some people who work with the government or are somehow connected to the TFG accused him and even stated that the only other individuals who are not from his immediate sub-clan that has worked at his office were Eng. Yariisoow who recently left his post and AUN Faisal H. Elmi who was killed after he got injured during the Mogadishu Theatre suicide attack back in April this year. He has the right to become a candidate and he is surely better than many that are running but I would not vote for him to be a president for Somalia.

most people working in his office were from gedo/abudwaq region because he took over farmajo staff. then he made his office managers and others from sharif clan and that pissed off many puntland people. the faisal you mention aun and yariisoow are good examples of how this man worked. abdiweli's body guards are all from jowhar. lol.

try something else my d ear friend abwaan. vote on principle instead of friendship. lol. dalka wixii wanajinaya u codee intad nin aan la ogayn wuxu noqon dono daba ordaysid saxibtinimo daradeed. lol kaftan weya tasi.

Carafaat   

Mooge;851499 wrote:
most people working in his office were from gedo/abudwaq region because he took over farmajo staff. then he made his office managers and others from sharif clan and that pissed off many puntland people. the faisal you mention aun and yariisoow are good examples of how this man worked. abdiweli's body guards are all from jowhar. lol.

try something else my d ear friend abwaan. vote on principle instead of friendship. lol. dalka wixii wanajinaya u codee intad nin aan la ogayn wuxu noqon dono daba ordaysid saxibtinimo daradeed. lol kaftan weya tasi.

Continuity in governance and for civil servants is very important. Reliability of the goverment depends on it. You cant start every few months with a complete team, it would take them a year to get started well. And they wouldnt be aware of policies, agreements made. This is one of the most important causes of the TFG's disfunctioning and why it hasnt delivered last 8 years.

So what Abdiwali has done is a great example and should be followed by all Ministers and high officials not to replace their staff. Maybe bring 1 or 2 advisors with them.

LST was right on the man. I am beginning to like Abdiwali. hope he joins Hiilqaran after the elections. :D

Somalia   

You are getting a kick out of this aren't you, especially since a certain elder went to Mogadishu in a surprise move. :D

Haatu   

I like him. Unlike many Puntlanders, he has the ability to see danta qaranka iyo tan umadda Soomaaliyeed. He is also educated, a technocrat and also the mastermind behind the roadmap. He would make a fine president.

And if it makes a difference, waa nin la yaqaan ;) I kid :D :D

Abwaan   

Mooge;851499 wrote:

Correction, most of thepeople from Farmaajo's office were not from Gedo...Fartaag was already there Before Farmaajo, the only person that I know who was around the office was Baraka Imbili:D qofkii yaqaan. Who was Farmaajo's chief of staff? Abuukar Balle, was he from Gedo? No! Who did Abdiweli appoint when he became the PM? ina Maxamuud Gurey, who wasn't the right choice. Do you want me to continue?:D

Mooge, do not worry, I will not vote for some1 because they are my friend or because we drink coffee together like you said Inaad Maslax la qaxweysid!

I will choose quality and honesty! Rest assured markii family xafiis laga sii buuxiyey arko inaanan ka aamuseyn. Whoever does it. My candidate will be the best for Somalia!

You said Abdiweli's guards are from Jowhar which is not correct either.