Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

What is your favourite Xawaash?

Carafaat;845092 wrote:
Bluelicious, are you fishing for an invitation?
:D
Afcourse I can cook, in fact I cook every weekend for friends and family.

What do you use the tumaric for?

@Showqi, shaaha Dhega yare aan ku dara. adna?

No I was just suprised, never knew you could cook and was actually interested in cooking. I'm gonna search myself a personal chef who's a excellent cook. I use turmeric in milk to drink it and to cook in food. You will get used to the taste.

Lol at you being tea addict. You have to start now if you wanna completely stop by ramadan. Build it down slowly the amount of cups of tea you have per day that's the best thing to do as stoping at once will give you withdrawal symptoms.

Blessed   
Showqi... Geel jacaylkii baa geeljire lagu noqdaa, get that right, yeah. Sadly (or maybe not) geljire girls weren't allowed shaah. Burco too, Carafaat? I wasn't aware. Hooyo used to make refrence to 'hablihii hore' and I was told many weird and wonderful reasons for the shaah ban too.

Chimera   

I don't think DR Osman would appreciate Puntland being represented by gloves and coriander, his diet strictly consists of hydro-carbons.

Blasphemy!

Showqi   

*Blessed;845143 wrote:
Showqi
... Geel jacaylkii baa geeljire lagu noqdaa, get that right, yeah. Sadly (or maybe not) geljire girls weren't allowed shaah.

Blessed, you're right the girsl were not allowed to drink tea but it was okay a married women to drink a tea. I remember when I was about 7 or 8 years old my Ayeeyo use to tell us that tea was only for the boys and not for girls, so my younger sister was not allowed to drink tea when our Ayeeyo was around. And my younger sister use the complain to Ayeeyo saying:"Ayeeyo you alwas drink tea, but you don't allow me to drink tea why?" and our Ayeeyo use to say I am married you'r not, here a glass of juse for you or sometimes caanoneedo............hahaha hahaha

Blessed   

Hahaha. That was so cruel, I'm glad anoon shaah baran inaan meesha ka tagay, hadii kale tuug afar kooble ah ayaan noqon lahaa. :D Speaking of Ayeeyo, waxaan xasuustaa sida markay khamradu ka badato ay koobka madaxa marmarin jireen. I've since learnt that does have soothing effects. LOL.

wyre   

Ninkaan Weyn Bal Ila Eega Xaraaradda Aqoon, Kaaga Darane Wuxuu Ku Fasirtay, Belo Kusoo Qaadi Weyday :D

Anyway I Like Sanjabiilka Heylka Iyo Qorfaha, Waxaan Leysoo Dhoweyn Karin Xawaaji Buur Buurka Lagu Daro Bariiska Iyo Dhega Yaraha Xiix :D

I was going to scoff at this thread, but that is a pretty neat map of xawaash!

I found a lovely Cinnamon/Clove Turkish tea recently. Absolutely tasty, especially with a bit of xalwad.

201111292249_dogadan_tarcin_karanfil_bit

raula   

love the map..there isn't a sijui shah w/out sanjibiil & dhege yare..(given that the spices come from Ardul-zanzibar & surroundings). Great website thx Carafaat.

Wyre huuno dee beeriis w/out toasted & pounded cumin is no bariis-see camal adi..ma wax qali baad nasoo ag dhigi laheed?

Aaliyyah   

Like Blessed I like to add all kinda of xawaash to my tea and food. But, in particular cinnamon. I can't have a tea without cinnamon.

salaam

Showqi   

*Blessed;845153 wrote:
waxaan xasuustaa sida markay khamradu ka badato ay koobka madaxa marmarin jireen. I've since learnt that does have soothing effects. LOL.

Xaraarad daraadeed waa marka uu maduxu xanuuno dee......:D

Wyre, Xawaaj buur buurka iyo heylkaba waan necebahay markay bariiska ka buuxiiyaan.

Xawaaji iyo xawaash laba shey mee kala yihiin mise waa isla hashii oo laba dhawaaq kala leh?

Waligey ma jecleen inaa wax kariyo, mana jecleysan ka ahayn shaah iyo waxaas fud fudud oo la sameeyo laakiin since I discovered this site earlier this year, inaa wax kariyo oo aan iska dhaafo maqaayadaha ku sigtayba. 058.gif It is that appealing, the site that is.