Sign in to follow this  
askme

condom xalal or not?

askme   

:D LIsten UP everybody :D there is a big issue going on i suppose because people dont discuss acording to my topic :eek:

MY question was: Is condom XARAM or XALAL?

Simple question isn't it?

Wel its only simple with plain EVIDENCE

DALIIL :rolleyes:

AND you would only speak with DALIIL (evidence)

Remember? :confused:

THANK YOU.. THANK YOU !!

Bess.   

Originally posted by WaTerLily:

Women should have no say in condoms, it has nothing to do with them or their bodies!

unless u are talking about homosexuals...i thought that condoms are used by men when have relations with women....correct me if i am wrong but in what way r they excempt then?

Originally posted by askme:

:D
LIsten UP everybody
:D
with plain EVIDENCE

DALIIL :rolleyes:

AND you would only speak with DALIIL (evidence)

Remember? :confused:

THANK YOU.. THANK YOU !!

Arent you a demanding one?

Jacpher   

Sxb, unless you need to drag this on, you have the answer to your question somewhere in those replies.

I believe brother Kashafa gave the right answer from Sh. Munnajid. If you need further info on this, you may visit the Sheikh’s site http://www.islam-qa.com The brother cited the link to that question. And you didn't bother to check?

I don't know much but I do know that in Islamic fiqh, all things are considered halaal, unless there is evidence to the contrary. Alcohol at one point was considered halaal until the ayaat banning it were revealed. So the burden of proof lies on those saying condom use is haraam, which I haven't heard before.

Here's Shaykh Al-Munnajid's answer :

It is permissible to use condoms so long as this does not cause any harm and so long as both husband and wife consent to their use, because this is similar to ‘azl (coitus interruptus or “withdrawalâ€). But it reduces the sensation of pleasure, which is the right of both partners, and reduces the chance of conception, which is also the right of both partners. Neither one of them is allowed to deprive the other of these rights. (For more information, see Question #1100 and 566). And Allaah is the Source of strength.

This is an unnecessary and unsubstantiated tahreem. There are a few forbidden behaviours in the Quran and contraception is not one of them. Some scholars may admonish against something but people can choose to take it or leave it in light of their understanding of the Quran.

Do you only follow the Qur’an, not the sunnah?

It's really funny, how people come to conclusions about issues, they don't know about! But first things first, why did the brother ask such a question of this nature in a public forum in the first place, sure we congratulate him for his desire to seek knowledge but this is not the way how to do it!

Asking unnecessary and often dumb questions leads us nowhere and to top it up with unnecessary replies and arguments, the whole thing becomes utterly out of control.

Even if the brother in question could not find out the answers he was looking for on his own (I persume he's got internet) or from reliable sources, such from his local Imaam or religious scholor, then he should have placed his answer to the Ulama the knowledgable men, who have inherited the prophets, they did not inherit worldly goods but the Cilm (Knowledge)!

This is also the wrong section to post the question in, doesn't the brother know, that there is a islamic section? I guess not!

Back to the question. Condoms are halaal as long as it is used by two legally married persons, who both consent to use condoms for which ever reason they want, whether it is due to illness or they want their existing children to become a little bit alouder before the wife concedes again! It's nothing to be worried about.

But if the wife does not consent and she wants to have children, but the husband says "Darling we got enough children and if we get another one, it will certainly make us bankrupt", then the wife has a right for a divorce!

On the other hand if the Husband wants children but the wife does not want children whatever reason it might be, then the husband has a right to marry a second wife, if he can afford it or even file for divorce!

Either case children are beautiful and neither of the married couple should hinder each other of having the chance of having us much children as they want!

So it's about mutual consent and agreement! But note that no-one can refuse children because of financial reasons nor are they allowed to kill it (abort) unless of course the mother is in danger of dying herself in the process as existing born life comes before unborn life in the womb!

May Allaah the great guide us to the right path and please abstain from answering such questions, if you do not have the facts! My evidences is as the same evidence provided by the great scholor Shaikh Al-Munnajid!

RedSea   

ASSALAMU CALAYKUM,

Ms.Besbaaso first of all I would like to congradualate you for being in your 4th year medical school. I think that is great accomplishment, I really do. However, you should not get emotional for I am not stating ladies shouldn't take part in society and educate themselves for the benefit of their ownselves just like everyone else. But what I was pointing out exactly is that when we talk about condoms, imagine condoms, I expected that most of the people specifically ladies in whatever their educational background might be to kind a take it easy on this. That is all I meant to say, however, everything else that you have stated is really unnecessary to say the least.

You can reach your goals and dreams and I am glad once again that you are in medical school, but being in medical school and knowing about as you put the bodily functions is different than discusing about condoms. However, what you can do is, you can provide us with your knowledge of harms it can do and its benefits since you have medical background.

moreover, I am aware it's the 21st century, but what difference does it make. Does it mean we have to abandon our way of life of self censoring? this applies to me and the rest, however, this topic isn't the best place to try to excercise your womanly rights walaal. So let us not misjudge one another shall we sis?

Ms. Valenteenah, we all know it's not age permisible for you to bear 40 kids. However, my point is that we are encouraged to have as many children as possible. How many kids we should have shouldn't be our worries, Allah will make that decision, we are only responsible of making the efforts. If we don't have any kids then, that is Allah's decision and we have to be satisfied if Allah blesses us to have as many kids as possible, then there is no point of stoping as long as it doesnt' cause any medical issues to the mother.

For further details here is an article regarding birth control:

Family Planning & Birth Control In Islam

The question of family planning and birth control was discussed in detail by the Majma al-Fiqh al-Islaami. They had twenty three scholars research this topic and present their findings on this matter.

The participants involved represented many different trends and schools of thought. Among the participants were Muhammad Ali al-Baar, Ali al-Saaloos, Muhammad Saeed Ramadhan al-Booti, Abdullah al-Basaam, Hasan Hathoot and Muhammad Sayid Tantaawi. Their proceedings, papers and discussions may be found in Part One of the Fifth Volume of Majallah Majma al-Fiqh al-Islaami (1988/1409 A.H.). These proceedings are 748 pages all about the question of birth control and related issues.

The following are important points related to the issue of birth control in Islam. These were mentioned by some of the participants in the above program:

* The institution of marriage and the want to have children was the custom of the best of creation, the prophets and messengers chosen by Allah. Allah says about them: "And indeed We sent messengers before you and made for them wives and offspring" (al-Raad 38)

* The best example for the believers is the example of the prophet Muhammad (saw), who married and had children. These prophets and messengers are the people whom Muslims should look to emulate. Allah says:

"They are those whom Allah has guided. So follow their guidance" (al-Anaam 90)

* They should be emulated and not the disbelievers of the West, whose new lifestyles - mostly out of concern for enjoying this life or obtaining as many worldly goods as possible - discourage women from having more children.

* Islam has forbidden celibacy, monasticism and castration for such purposes. The prophet (saw) made this clear when he told those companions who were considering acetic forms of life: "I pray and I sleep; I fast and I break my fast; and I marry women. Whoever turns away from my way of life is not from me."

The prophet (saw) not only encouraged marriage but he encouraged marrying those women who are child-bearing. He stated: "marry the loving, child-bearing women for I shall have the largest numbers among the prophets on the day of Resurrection." (Recorded by Ahmad and ibn Hibban.)

* From the Islamic perspective, children are a gift and a blessing from Allah. Allah mentions some of the bounties that He has bestowed upon mankind in the following verse:

"And Allah has made for you spouses of your own kind and has made for you, from your wives, sons and grandsons, and has bestowed upon you good provisions." (al-Nahl 72)

Allah also said:

"Wealth and children are the adornment of the life of this world." (al-Kahf 46)

* The only true provider for all mankind is Allah. If Muslims follow what Allah has prescribed for them, Allah will provide for them. Allah has warned about killing one's children out of fear of poverty for either parents or the child. Allah says:

"Kill not your children because of poverty - We provide sustenance for you and for them" (al-Anaam 151)

Allah also says:

"And kill not your children for fear of poverty. We shall provide for them as well as for you. Surely, the killing of them is a great sin" (al-Isra 31)

Hence, Muslims should never abort or kill their children out of fear of poverty. It is Allah who provides for them.

Based on the above points and numerous others, the scholars who participated in the research on this question came up with the following resolution:

-It is not allowed to enact a general law that limits the freedom of spouses in having children.

-It is forbidden to "permanently" end a man's or a woman's ability to produce children, such as by having a hysterectomy or vasectomy, as long as that is not called for by circumstances of necessity according to its Islamic framework.

-It is permissible to control the timing of births with the intent of distancing the occurrences of pregnancy or to delay it for a specific amount of time, if there is some Shariah need for that in the opinion of the spouses, based on mutual consultation and agreement between them. However, this is conditioned by that not leading to any harm, by it being done by means that are approved in the Shariah and that it not do anything to oppose a current and existing pregnancy.

Very good points if you ask me that go straight line with the facts.

assalamu Calaykum.

RedSea   

Originally posted by besbaaso:

unless u are talking about homosexuals...i thought that condoms are used by men when have relations with women....correct me if i am wrong but in what way r they excempt then? [/qb]

BESBAASO, manaxaysid bee. Sowdigan beerka iskaga taagay wixiiba. :D

Originally posted by Castro:

Depends on the brand of the rubber. If it contains
pig products
, then no. Otherwise, it's all good. Knock yourself out.

SOL still the same old SOL...

be meaningful at times..

Lolz @Halaal dating...and Halaal condensers.. smile.gif

Why should you use a condom in the first place..??????why smile.gif

askme   

IM THE STARTER OF THIS TOPIC

So assalamu aleykum wa raxmatullahi wa barakatuhu

dear 'mr red sea'

Akhi you have said that it is not permissable to use it for the fun of it only

-This is what you have said-

Third, if the wife is healthy and is fully able to carry the baby in her womb and there are no alternative health reasons that would get in the way of her of carrying a baby, then there is no way you can use condom so that the wife won't get pregnant. Islam doesn't allow taking long breaks between babies if there are NO health reasons for it.

finally, only if the wife is in risk of health problems if she carries a baby, then yes I can't see why you couldn't, but if it's being used for the fun of it, then no way Jose.

So brother have you got daliil for this for us to know where we can refer to this Hadiith of it saying that it Haram?

wa aleykumassalam

askme   

Yeah its me again

I m really sorry to hear brothers and sisters keep giving opinions and suggustions but what I was looking for is just the correct answer from the learned brothers who Could give the aswer straight But one brother goes

''why should it be xaram'' another one says:

''are you asking qomelut)''

its all opinions and all that and thats not we need If this question is being aswered correctly insha Allah by someone on this topic its not gonna benefit me only but its going to benefit all of us you know?

assalamu aleykum smile.gif

askme   

look 'RENDEVOUS'

Im really sorry that you make joke of this :(

because you are not suposed to make joke when I am asking the knowledgables respectfully about this

Pig products and sheep products? what you saying man?

what this supposed to mean?

/RENDEVOUS SAYS:

Depends on the brand of the rubber. If it contains pig products , then no. Otherwise, it's all good. Knock yourself out.

-Lily-   

Besbaso, I was being sarcastic.

Enough answers have been given, depends what advice the original poster wants to take.

Originally posted by askme:

look 'RENDEVOUS'

Im really sorry that you make joke of this
:(

because you are not suposed to make joke when I am asking the knowledgables respectfully about this

Pig products and sheep products? what you saying man?

what this supposed to mean?

/RENDEVOUS SAYS:

Depends on the brand of the rubber. If it contains pig products , then no. Otherwise, it's all good. Knock yourself out.

ShIt hApPeNs........ smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif ^^^Read paragraphs properly.....Go now .....and read ^^^^^