Sign in to follow this  
AsadSL

CEEBTII SHIRKA ISTAMBUUL 2012 oo la idinka qariyay

NGONGE   

Showqi;840375 wrote:
Xaaji, Siyaad Bare (AUN) barigii uu noola wali cid ugu yeedha Afweyne mushtamaca dhexdiisa oo aan talaabo sharci ah laga qaadin miyaad maqashay. Afka suuqa lagaga hadlo iyo dacaayada ma'aha in aad keento shirarka muhiimka (Sakiin macnaheedu waa nin Khaayin ah)

That's not the point, Showqi. The point is that all these poeple went there in accordance to the 4.5 system. They were not there as Somali old men, they were there as representitaves of Sakiin's clan. Therefore, when a speaker makes fun of a member of their clan and the rest of the old men (representing other clans) laugh and clap, it stands to reason that these old men would protest and walk out. To remain silent is to encourage a sort of 'ganging up' on their man. AGAIN, remember, the only reason these old men are there in the first place is because of their positions in the clan and their duty to protect the interests of the clan.

(you may disagree with the system itself, you may not like it but them are the rules of engagment here).

^Stop applying the silly logic of 'Clan is Everything' in every situation. We know clan matters a great deal to Somalis but this was unnecessary and a foolish move the D&M elders. Wee isceebeeyeen Odayaashan.

The last time I checked the duties of a Somali elder, it did not constitute defending a member of the clan from 'Caay' or even worse storming and making a walkout on a Somali conference. That's not the duty and the purpose of a Somali elder.

What the woman said was wrong but the action of the elders were out of proportions and certainly not for them to deal with it, and if they decided to deal with it, definitely not in the way they did it. A little bit of influencing others would have been better but to become another obstacle and be begged to come back to the meeting was not the best of ideas.

NGONGE   

Qandalawi;841024 wrote:
^Stop applying the silly logic of 'Clan is Everything' in every situation. We know clan matters a great deal to Somalis but this was unnecessary and a foolish move the D&M elders. Wee isceebeeyeen Odayaashan.

The last time I checked the duties of a Somali elder, it did not constitute defending a member of the clan from 'Caay' or even worse storming and making a walkout on a Somali conference. That's not the duty and the purpose of a Somali elders.

In Somali situations, Clan is everything. I can only explain things to you, saaxib. I can't force you to listen. At any rate, if these elders were (only) Somali, how about your (PL) elders and the way they all went back to Garowe (before the conference)? Were they too "Somali" elders or were they PL elders? Why do you approve it for your lot to stand up for the interests of the clan but when it's another group of elders doing the same for theirs, you talk about 'silly' or 'foolish' moves? After all, qoladaan wax cusub la may iman; ku dayo, ku dayo uun ba iska aheed. ;)

^Again you miss the the point, not by a mere meter but miles.

Saaxib, I'm not talking about what or who the elders represent but the issue. The issue is trivial and nonsensical and as such the elders should not have wasted much time on it. What did they get now? Raali ahaada, money and macawis in the name of Xaal :D just because someone said Sakiin, there are other ways to protest and influence things rather than use the full wieght of elders and walking out of a meeting for such trivial matter.

Also, must you inject PL into everything, yes they did a walkout in Mogadishu on a national and political matter, and in return got the whole process of the road map rescued, received equal representation and a promise of transparency and equal allocation of political influence from Turkey. But please lets not talk about PL as this is not about them.

Showqi   

NGONGE;841009 wrote:
Therefore, when a speaker makes fun of a member of their clan and the rest of the old men (representing other clans) laugh and clap,

Hold it right there Yaa NGONGE:D first of all the speaker did not intend to make fun of Shariif Xasan laakiin carabka ayaa ka xaday wixii uurkeeda ku jiray:p Taas waxaad ka garan kartaa sida ay ugu waalatay: "Raali ahaada, Raali ahaada, Raali ahaada" oo waliba iyada oo aan cidina weydiinin in ay shirka isaga baxdo, ay iyada lafteedu ogolaatay in ay shirka isaga baxdo. Waa markii ay ogaatay in ay u geftay mas'uul ka tirsan TFG (in this case Shariif Xasan) mas'uulkaas oo aan waliba meesha joogin. Marka it doesn't matter whether she called Shariif Sakiin, Shariif Hotel or Cabdi Cawar (as XX like to say) all those names are naaneysyo loo qariyo madaxda maanta wadenkeena ka talisa! Marka waa ceeb in qof weyn oo masuul ah oo ka tirsan dadkii shirkan abaabulayey uu Naaneys qof loo qariyo uu dadweynaha dhexdooda kaga dhex dhawaaqo.

waa su'aal ee Odeyaasha meesha isugu yimid hadii ay fadeexadaas meesha ka dhacday ay wax ka qaban waayaan, bal maxaa kale oo ay qaban karayaan. This was a small test and if you ask me Odayaashu si fiican ayey u xaliyeen problem-kaas. Sidii uu sharciga Soomaaligu odhanayeyna Sabeentii way ka qaadeen Gabadha iyo Qoladii shirka maamuleysay

NGONGE you tried to put it a nice spin with your Qabiil is everything. But In this case it's not about qabiil but it is aflagaado iyo afxumo loo geystay Mas'uul aan meesha xaadir ka aheyn...

NGONGE   

^^ War heestaan aad ii qaaday anigo hore o maan maqal! :D

If you are right, why did his CLAN make the protest? Why didn't any of the others join them in walking out or be the first to complain? Dee naga daa, saaxib. Waa wax la cuno, waa macaan, waa 'yellow', waa nooc men al geed; hadana waxaad i leedahay 'moos' maaha?

Qandalawi,

When I need to explain something to someone I always try to make it relevant to them (it makes more sense that way). Hence, I reminded you of the PL elders hissyfit in the Somali captial not so long ago (they even issued a communique at the time). :D

Build on what you already know, Qandalawi. Don't be a Somali who is forever starting from scratch. We already know that Somalia has a clan system. We know that this system is so strong that it had its own position in politics (with 4.5). We know that the elders sent to Turkey went there in groups representing various clans. We know WHY they were there and know that every group was/is ardently in support of its own leaders (in your case, Faroole. In the case of the topic at hand, Sakiin). None of this is new.

Now, you know and I know that despite the smiles and jokes no Somali meeting is free of mistrust and one-upmanship. We also know that the 'tolaay' shout is one sneeze away. For the lady to use an insulting title when talking about Sharif Sakiin (even though we all use it and maybe even some member of his clan also do) is for her to throw the gauntlet down to these elders and see if they'll beat (Somalis ALWAYS bite). Worse still, for the others to clap rather than stop, only goes to strengthen the feeling of overall attack on the 'clan'. Therefore, the elders did the only thing any Somali elders would do in such a situation. They stood up and made a point of it. They got their apology and, more importantly, they set a precedent for future Somali dealings. It is clan politics, saaxib. Always was and always will be. Wax fahan.

^Loool, I'm not laughing because I agree with what you are saying but your descriptive comical way of making a case takes the limelight.

So, in your logic, you are saying if the woman had called Faroole a 'pirate', Puntland elders would have made a walkout - now that's hilarious :D

NGONGE   

^^ Yes and they would have walked out. Plus I doubt a mere cumaamad and thousand dollars would have brought them back. ;)

NGONGE   

^^ No, they returned the thousand dollars but kept the other stuff. Cumaamad baa so celisay, saaxib. :D