Sign in to follow this  
burahadeer

Somali birth rate 4th in the world.

Chimera   

One advantage Somalia has is its high urban population and sizable cities that with long-term peace could be upgraded into serious hubs of prosperity. All these cities are intricately linked with towns, villages and farms so development would have a country-wide impact.

Its pretty dumb to point at mothers who gave birth to their children at a time when their farms were prospering, just because some organisation of masked losers turned their bread-basket regions into war-zones. Society is to blame for not sustaining stability, for not creating cleaner hospitals, better water and sanitation-systems, greater export markets for maximum profits, and monumental construction projects in the form of dams and wind-farms that could sustain a 20% fertily rate in a low-density populated country like Somalia.

Don't you dare blame the mothers, it's our fault, the Somali people, society, nation, republic.

Mario B   

faarah22;840001 wrote:
soomaalida kuwooda educated ah xitaa waa iska badow wali. i leave in kenya and even the lowest kikuyu knows it's unsustainable to have more than 2-3 kid.

Stop comparing apples and oranges, Kenya has 4 times the population of Somalia. Maybe with education and urbanisation they can reach the equillibrium of replacement levels. As I said previously most our kids die before they reach the age of 5 and if they pass that milestone then wont live to see 50. Its the poor infant mortality rate that is forcing our women to have a lot of children...solve the issue with better antenatal care and post-natal care and you will see women having no more than 3 kids.

faarah22;840004 wrote:
i will have kids but 2 to 3 is enought for me.

You will be helping in great cause. At this stage, having zero kids would be noble thing to do and perhaps persuade Garnaqsi, burahadeer and others to do the same. Take one for the team ninyahow.

@Chimera....Neva blamed mothers.It's a question on how to improve their lives.Mothers don't wana come to a situation where she choses who dies or lives among her children cos of lack of food(don't know if you seen that scenario on tv & papers).

Che -Guevara;840012 wrote:
You will be helping in great cause. At this stage, having zero kids would be noble thing to do and perhaps pursue Garnaqsi, burahadeer and others to do the same. Take one for the team ninyahow.

have 4 kids and planning more but they not in same situation as those unlucky ones in camps.

Mario B   

burahadeer;840006 wrote:
We can even farm more than 80% of the country using rigs but the question is how to stabilize family planning til we reach that point.It's ok to have as many children as you want so long you can afford but fact is you see starving women with dozen kids on evening news.

Those children and women are starving because of our man made wars and famines. As I said previoulsy, if you want to cut population growth, all you need to do is educate women, improve antenatal care and post-natal care and watch the population growth plumment.

P.s I our women are our heroes, not only have they suffered the most from our ****** wars, but they have also gotten pregnant in a poor country- a risk in itself.

Blessed   

^I agree with most of the things you've said but why is population growth a problem? Surely, in safer circumstances, number of children a family has will not be an issue.

Mario B;840020 wrote:
Those children and women are starving because of our man made wars and famines. As I said previoulsy, if you want to cut population growth, all you need to do is educate women, improve antenatal care and post-natal care and watch the population growth plumment.

P.s I our women are our heroes, not only have they suffered the most from our ****** wars, but they have also gotten pregnant in a poor country- a risk in itself.

the question here has neva been about blaming anyone...if one has to be blamed it's men who mess up somalia.

question is what could be done under current circumstances ..it's whole new ball game when things come back normal ,gov't will have the responsibility to tackle..

agreed what you said.

Mario B   

Mario B;839989 wrote:
That is still low population considering that total area [ 500,000 square miles] covers the areas of NFD, Somali region of Ethiopia and Somalia.[ the 2 Somalilands]. Our regions are one of the least populated in the World, comparing them to India and China is just a fallacy.

Bless, as my above quote, we have no population issue!

burahadeer;840029 wrote:
the question here has neva been about blaming anyone...if one has to be blamed it's men who mess up somalia.

question is what could be done under current circumstances ..it's whole new ball game when things come back normal ,gov't will have the responsibility to tackle..

agreed what you said.

Look at the goofs Somalis select to govern them, I don't want those incompetent buffoons to have any say in family planning. All that needs to happen is to remove any incentive for Somalis to reproduce endlessly.

Che Guevara is right, contextualize, you're talking about a country with one of the highest infant mortality rates and constant famine.

Blackflash;840034 wrote:

Che Guevara is right, contextualize, you're talking about a country with one of the highest infant mortality rates and constant famine.

I'm not againest population growth & I'm not expecting anyone distribute pills but the number of children per family is stagering which is ok if you can afford.Isn't it possible to help those in refuge camps like Dadab(500,000) to come up with a solution to minimize atleast for the time being, they burden on thmslvs.