Sign in to follow this  
burahadeer

Somali birth rate 4th in the world.

Blessed   

burahadeer;840044 wrote:
I'm not againest population growth & I'm not expecting anyone distribute pills but the number of children per family is stagering which is ok if you can afford.Isn't it possible to help those in refuge camps like Dadab(500,000) to come up with a solution to minimize atleast for the time being, they burden on thmslvs.

Rubbish! the refugee camp of dadaab alone didn't put Somalia in the top 5 list. Wealthy, middle class, working class family in Muqdisho, Bosaaso, Hargaisa, Jigjiga etc. also have large families they can take care of. I really don't understand waxaa la isu mukuriyo, most of us are from large families, we know the truth about Somali familes, give it a rest will ya.

*Blessed;840053 wrote:
Rubbish! the refugee camp of dadaab alone didn't put Somalia in the top 5 list. Wealthy, middle class, working class family in Muqdisho, Bosaaso, Hargaisa, Jigjiga etc. also have large families they can take care of. I really don't understand waxaa la isu mukuriyo, most of us are from large families, we know the truth about Somali familes, give it a rest will ya.

so the issue is me now WOW

faarah22   

all that hysterics and at the end of the day its your kind that will benefit most from spacing and child planning. cajiib

lool@burahaader..16? nagadaaye

Folks-I think most of us are saying the same and agree in spirit but we are just engaging in 'listen me Somali' syndrome.

I like Idi:D

Blessed   

No, Buuraha. I've an issue with the NGO version of Somalis which you seem to have bought. You seem to be going around in circles, number of children isn't the issue, that has been established. It's lack of peace and instability which keeps some families poor, that too has been established. In some parts, many large families are living in relative health,that is also another part of the Somali story.

Mario B   

Burahadeer, the Daadab camp is there because of war and insecurity, once things settle, they can go back to all those empty towns in Bay, Bakool, The two Jubbas, Shebelle Provinces....etc. In the meantime lets show compassion to those brave mothers and kids.

^^ think all is said now on either side ,i took Dadab an rxample,but for argument's sake the story is the same on otha regions.Have you guys been back home lately..I swear I know this guy(related),he's around 45 with 26 children,none of thm go to school cos they hardly get 2 meals.some of the children turned to mini crimes,others live with related families...bad situation.

How can I or anyone help when everyone throwing children en mass from brothers to cousins ..God knows how we all burdened..atleast those of us care to send few $$

Well Somalia needs all the people it can get, in the future. We have Ethiopia (80 million people) on 1 side, and Kenya (40 million people) on the other side. I've flown over Somalia, and the one thing that shocked me about the country was how EMPTY it was. You might be able to see a small house every 100 miles.

We don't have an over-population problem at all. We just suffer from a crippling inability to take care of our people. Entire Somali families relying on remittances from the USA/Europe is unsustainable. If the current leaders are smart, they can use Somalia's extremely young population towards something useful (nurturing young industries, investment in education, agriculture).

Somalia can easily handle 60 million people...We're 3 times larger than Britain in land-size and Britain has around 60 million people. By the time Somalia's living standards rise and people start earning a decent wage, the fertility rate is going to drop MASSIVELY. The Europeans used to have like 6 children/family just 150 years ago, and people seem to be forgetting this

*Blessed;840064 wrote:
No, Buuraha. I've an issue with the NGO version of Somalis which you seem to have bought. You seem to be going around in circles, number of children isn't the issue, that has been established. It's lack of peace and instability which keeps some families poor, that too has been established. In some parts, many large families are living in relative health,that is also another part of the Somali story.

How many somalis can afford take care of 10 children even when at peace?

What kind life they live in or is it just "a living",do they go to school or have normal childhood...that's why somalis r skinny...if you look back our fathers/grand fathers were taller & bigger cos of less population.You live in your circumstances ,there's always room for improvement & yes we need more people.

one plate of rice is shared by 3 or 4 & don't tell me the less than 10% that can have enough to go around.

@ doctorkenney...true but we talking now ,in the meantime....

Mario B   

^^ com'on, how many Somalis have 26 kids, this type of anecdotal evidence means nothing. I have plenty of aunts in their 30's who haven't married, I can't use them as proof because they don't have children.

Mario B;840091 wrote:
^^ com'on, how many Somalis have 26 kids, this type of anecdotal evidence means nothing. I have plenty of aunts in their 30's who haven't married, I can't use them as proof because they don't have children.

that shows you haven't been home.Things have changed since after civil war, 20yr olds have 4 women in part cos of mortality rate and families geting scared they could be wiped out.This thing started in the camps in Ethiopia.That's how marrying cousins have came to being(we neva had before),but because girls couldn't find men,families have decided to marry their kin.Your cousin girl have you instead by anotha woman.....