Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Tolka unyielding somali nationalism recognized

Abtigiis   

As Meles said, I am proud to be born from the people whose nationalism, patriotism and unwavering love for somalinimo is tested with fire and proved to be gold! :D :D

Excerpts:

"Kenya`s main Kismaayo ally is the powerful Raas Kaamboni militia, drawn mostly from the ***** clan. The **** are fiercely pan-Somali and nationalist, and they form a large proportion of the Ethiopian Somalis. Addis Ababa is reported to be afraid that if they became hegemonic in the south, they could form an independent "Jubaland" state, using the lucrative Kismaayo port trade to raise resources to sponsor the secession of the **** province of Ethiopia.

Ethiopia will do anything to prevent that. If it sends its troops to Kismaayo, it could find itself at odds with Kenya, with which it has had a defence pact since about 1964.

If Amisom and TFG forces get to Kismaayo first, this potential face-off can be prevented."

http://www.biyokulule.com/view_content.php?articleid=4801

NGONGE   

Err..:D

Addis Ababa is reported to be afraid that if they became hegemonic in the south, they could form
an independent "Jubaland" state
, using the lucrative Kismaayo port trade to raise resources to sponsor the secession of the **** province of Ethiopia.

Somalia   

Good. The Ras Kamboni faction shall rule Kismayo, no problem with that, though the support for factions in **** region is just a waste of time and effort.

Abtigiis   

It is true Addis Ababa has nightmares about one somali clan,,, It is also true the tolka, by and large, are pan-somali and would never settle for fiefdoms. Ngonge and his ilk, who suffer from what Amartya Sen calls the miniaturization of human beings - or the narrowing of the self, is trying to project the misguided search for jubbaland by some misguided tolka politicians as an evidence they are not pan-somalist. Well, even these misguided folks ultimately want to live under the blue flag of Somalia. Nowhere is the somali flag and symbols of somalinimo more revered than somaligalbeed.

Sen warns against the deadly dangers of the narrowing of the self, whose immediate cost, he says is a slippery slope to violence. Witnessing how Somaliland is hoisted by its own petard of division and secession - with the advent of Khaatumo and Awdal, it is hard to disagree with Sen's theory.

NGONGE   

^^ I simply quoted you, saaxib. :D

Now read the passage you posted again and tell me what you smell.

Abtigiis than how do you explain azania state and raskambooni Militia in the juba regions of Somalia they don't come over as Pan Somalist to me.

NGONGE   

Xaaji Xunjuf;839622 wrote:
Abtigiis than how do you explain azania state and raskambooni Militia in the juba regions of Somalia they don't come over as Pan Somalist to me.

They're pan Somalis as everyone else is. But it's that Orwell quote all over again (since A&T is fond of quotes)..All animals are equal, etc, etc..

NGONGE;839621 wrote:
^^ I simply quoted you, saaxib.
:D

Now read the passage you posted again and tell me what you smell.

Abtigiis will tell us Jubaland secession will support the liberation of O'gadenia in the long term so its a win win situation and it will work towards a larger and more inclusive Somali union:D

ONLF=O liberation front , NOT somaligalbeed liberation front:D

Somaliweyn has become the catch word for whoeva is deceptive at the moment.

Burahadeer they don't want to use that name because the region was never part of the former Somali republic and under the so called theoretic principle of self determination they want to use the historic name of O'gaden. Since it was called the O'gaden country in the late 19 century Burahadeer Somalia doesn't claim the Somali galbeed region as part of Somalia any more. General Siad bare signed a peace deal with the late derg dictator Mengistu haille maryam in 1988, part of the deal was that the Somali republic would never ever claim the Somali galbeed region as part of their country. And Mengistu on his turn would expel the SNM Somaliland rebels from his country. But let me tell you this the O'gaden region was under various Abyssinian EmperorsYohannes Menelik haile selassie and later on the derg and now under the TPLF.When they gain their independence i don't think they will join with Somalia fighting for independence more than 128 years and than settle with being ruled from Mogadishu.There is a whole new identity in the making the youth from those regions call themselves O'gadenis now and days. The ONLF is also very vague about the future of the region they come with stuff like we will let the people decide.

Abtigiis   

Peasant,

I think a quote from Macbeth is in order then!!

"And all our yesterdays have lighted fools

The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!"

Go away with your little mind!

Having a regional state does not negate pan-somalism per se; but even the idea of a jubbaland or Azania is always discussed in the framework of a unitary somali state. I am not saying Azania or jubbaland is righ, but it does not negate pan-somalism. Midda kale, it is not me who is saying they are 'fierecly nationalist and pan somalist'. I quoted the media.

faarah22   

^^ obviously you havent heard of the O's of kenya. many somalis languished in jail as result of their snitching in the early 1990's.