Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Question for the Somalilanders

The only problem that i have with somalilanders( i usually use a different name 2 describe it u all r well aware of that..but 2nite..i wont lol) is following:

Its true many incessant pple were mascared there by the Sayid regime n atrocastes were committed. But the sad part is that, these killers who did this, as we know, included somalilanders!!

So in reality, those was an atrocity done by a so called govt which included somalilanders also. So, lets call a spade a spade and not point a finger on a particular region or clan for this problem agitators.

As far as goals........i consider sl, a failed state like all so called somali-diidd states that have nada success to show, except big Banglows which only the rulers can afford.

Come pple........somalis r failed country! We failed. Let us fix that! Instead of being the laughing stock of planet earth.

Carafaat, in Somaliland the SNM struggle is on a full swing, the victimhood mentality still reigns supreme and the hostile policy towards the south is still as it was back when Barre was in power. These are things that will not be agreed upon even among all the people that settle in Somaliland.

Carafaat   

Qandalawi;838538 wrote:
Carafaat, in Somaliland the SNM struggle is on a full swing, the victimhood mentality still reigns supreme and the hostile policy towards the south is still as it was back when Barre was in power. These are things that will not be agreed upon even among all the people that settle in Somaliland.

Qandalawi, why did Puntland again want to introduce Federalism? Or why was Galkacyo divided in two parts. :D

talking about victimhood mentality.

Blessed   
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again. Maya Angelou

Carafaat, all I'm telling you is to look at the title of the thread and the content contained within the initiators post. Tell me if that is a view shared by all. It shows the whole thing is based on the SNM bravado and restricted and confined to one clan.

Like I said before, Somaliland = SNM, and this is a chapter that one needs to overcome for the sake of greater good of the Somalis that live in SL.

If i go to that picture on the map what Somaliland was like in 1991 our cities were leveled to the ground, a quarter of a million of our people died, children of 2-3 years old and mothers were put in to mass graves, that picture is the picture of Hargeisa the city, a picture of a hospital ..
now who bombs a hospital, who bombs a school, who bombs a home, who bombs a mosque's who bombs civilian residential area, who puts the body's of children an incessant body's in to a mass graves
, THOSE BONES ARE THE BONES OF THE PEOPLE OF SOMALILAND, the people who conceived union with somaalia, the people who conceived for the campaign of the independence of somaalia and other somali's.

Those are the bones of our children of our nation and i don't think any body earns the title of hero if they can put the body's of little children in to mass graves .. the defenseless little children of 2 years and 3 years old have been put in to graves .. to me that is coward-es .. that is coward-es but, in-spite of that the people of Somaliland refuse to kill and vengeance over the ten thousand troops that were in Somaliland at the time of our seperation of somaalia, some may have thought they have killed a quarter of a million of our people let us kill those ten thousand man then at least take revenge on them.

Am so proud to be Somalilander because my people said NOOO they could do that but we will become an animals who can kill ten thousand prisoners instead we share water with them, we share food with them we provided a safe corridor for them and we allowed them to go home ... that is what Somaliland is all about .

Edna Adan Ismail

It is gone and now part of the history ,,,, and nobody cares if you feeling guilty or not.

Qandalaawi the people of Somaliland moved on they build their nation from scratch the past 2 decades as for Somalia there are no relations between the two countries so what kind of relation do you want them to have. What is this hostility you keep talking about there are people from Somalia living in Somaliland.

Blessed thanks for sharing that its true.

^Saaxib, kaadi iskawaalka iska daaya, truth be said, you live under the same SNM mentality and anti-Barre regime slogs of the nineteen eighties.

Things have changed since SNM and Barre days, reality is you haven't. FACT.

Siad bare is long gone died long time ago SNM was dismantled in 1993 people moved on the war ended in Somaliland the war didn't end in Somalia those are the facts.

True to that but isn't it sad that despite Barre's death and the long gone history of the SNM, the SNM mentality and anti-Barre slogs are still alive in SL. Reality in check.

LANDER   

*Blessed;838569 wrote:
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
Maya Angelou

^^ I don't think it could be put any better.

XX,

You've moved away from your own topic.

Carafaat   

Qandalawi;838585 wrote:
Carafaat, all I'm telling you is to look at the title of the thread and the content contained within the initiators post. Tell me if that is a view shared by all. It shows the whole thing is based on the SNM bravado and restricted and confined to one clan.

Like I said before, Somaliland = SNM, and this is a chapter that one needs to overcome for the sake of greater good of the Somalis that live in SL.

Sxb, your initial statement was that Somaliland is based on 'Siyasad ku dhisan Somali naceyb'. But I see you have withdrawn your initial statement.

gooni   

Gabayga edna in raggu buraanbur ku taageero maahan waa laga wanaagsan yahay talo nin bay ka go'daa,haduu reerka meel naqleh u raro iyo haduu gaadiid u ku guuro waayaba, gabadhu way dadaashay aqoonteeda rag badana way kasbatay,.

Gooni isu buusku macna keeni mayso midnimadanu waa muqadas Snm xoriyad ma keeni ee cuqdad bay keentay!!

its really sad that they chose to break away from us at our worst time. when we were paralyzed my an immediate civil war. a time where we can't even have a debate about where our nation is going.

that says something about somaliland.

Garnaqsi   

Naxar Nugaaleed;838531 wrote:

As for the question, in their heart of hearts, I think "Somalilander" would have chosen an unjust but functioning Somaliweyn rather then the sad state of affairs we have today.

I can't speak for the rest, but I would definitely choose that.