Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Pictures from out about

NGONGE   

Juxa, you know and I know that Sayid is talking total sense. Beating someone up in retaliation is ugly and uncivilised but it is something that also takes place in this crazy world we live in. Lets just hope it takes place somewhere near the face of that guy (though of course, you as a lawyer and me as an unashmed liberal, do not at all condone such a thing). :D

Juxa;839237 wrote:
Somalidu waxay dhahdaa nin aan shanta kaa celin sharci kama celsho

I will leave it there and hope no one attacks your nearest and dearest

I hope so too - becuase i would probable react without the benefit of my intellect - as i have already done and learned a lot from when i was attacked whilst with my children in my local park and i was the one whon ended up with a criminal record.

Chimera   

Ibtisam took the right path, this man is obviously mentally ill if he could punch a girl in front of other people. A man beating a woman is most prevalent amongst married couples, and this always happens at home out of the view of the public. This Dr clearly felt untouchable, and Ibti handled it well. He was named and shamed, not to forget banned. That should serve as a clear deterrent for other retards like him.

Physical violence exerted upon him could lead to a cycle of voilence, and Ibtisam in the end would be the biggest loser since your star is rising while his star was clearly fading. This is a nasty episode you should put behind you, and instead focus on all the good experiences you have had since you returned.

Speaking of which, where are the pictures?

Ibtisam   

Wow!!!! Im touched, thanks :D

Laakin I think we should skip this topic, I would hate to think my whole trip and existence here will be over shadowed by the actions of a selfish coward. For some people, it really is too late and they are beyond help, you just move them out of your way and let them meet their maker for all their evils.

The sliver lining is, fortunately I had enough leverage to get him removed, I got a few punches, while his patients often died due to lack of post C-section follow up, malpractice, and infections. At least I dont have to see the faces of relatives, while they blamed his crimes on God and it being her time to die. That is worth more than a few punches.

Blue Im not a doctor, Somalis (and in North cases Indians) have an obsession with Titles, they insist on calling me professor or Dr, both which I find offensive, since I am neither.

EDIT: Adam :) I agree. Thanks

Since no one will help me with posting the pictures- Im just gonna post them on the blog instead of here.

Juxa   

Big hug to you! I am done with saqajanka

I won't know how to post pictures but first person I see coming your way will be carrying shipment of your favourite things unless you come over si aan kuu baaniyo.

Concerning medical malpractice or errors, this reminded me of the Atul Gawande surgical checklist as a simple yet great idea: Dr Atul Gawande's checklist for saving lives.

It is incredible how even "educated" people believe it costs much to get decent healthcare when countries such as Cuba manage it without generic drugs, aid, through embargo etc and even sums of between 10 to $40 spending per head a year could literally do miracles with sincere political/public will and emphasis on prevention (a commitment of 20% of national budget would be a start).

Things such as hands washing or subsidised beans rations are literally life-changing for the next generation (and at birth, just clean water and hands halve the sky high maternal mortality rates, regardless of the malnutrition and deficiencies of the baby).

I know Somalis pettiness but we need to realise very little can change quite a lot or almost everything if well targeted, starting with our clueless jago-raadis and elites...

PS: Upload the pics on a host like flickr, then copy the links on the share section; then paste that link here as directed (bbcode is explained at the bottom of the sol forum): your%20pic%20link%20here as the simplest exemple, using the bbcode.

The headaches start when posting a slideshare from flickr or photobucket using the bbcode as I vainly tried; few pictures are straightforward though.

raula   

^^^couldn't agree more. I don't know if its either pettiness/vanity/pride etc but even the most pauper somali (nasab) person seems to want artificials-medication/utensils/household goods/clothes..imported stuff that they are hardly aware of what's it entails..hence the whole degradation of somali minorities (tumaal/********* clans etc for there subsistence ingenuity). Dim prospects but i hope we learn from our mistakes all these years..and go back to some basics..hand washing/sanitation etc-could at least minimize the impacts of some food borne illnesses such as cholera/dysentry and as you have mentioned child mortality rates.