Sign in to follow this  
The Sage

Financial Post: Drop effort to keep Somalia together

This is the same moron who wrote a piece on the benefits that would come with a recolonized Somalia. I partially agree with him on part about ethnic nationalism though. He doesn't seem to know much about Somalia to begin with, let alone the nature of the current oil exploration.

With a name like Solomon, I'm curious to know his thoughts on the idea of a Jewish state, I have a feeling it will differ

from his views in this article.

Marksman   

This is one of the most disgusting written pieces I have ever read. Some may neglect that because they love to see Somalia in pieces. And love the idea that Puntland may become an oil state. But how can you not see this article was written by a Jewish lobbyist? I'm not an anti-Semite, but still...

He doesn't even get the Somali history and genealogie right. A blatant lie and an ethnocentric point of view by a white man that cannot accept our uniqueness and claiming it their own:

The Somalis — a dark-skinned people with Caucasian features — didn’t even exist until circa 1200 AD when the male Arab colonizers of the Horn of Africa formed new clans by marrying blacks, multiplying in number rapidly, and then squeezing most non-Somalis — those without male Arab lineage — out of the lands

There is absolutely no fact or base to this. He is a simple minded person that rather have us colonized.

Mario B   

I think he the same guy that suggested that Afghanistan and Pakistan should be broken up, this neo-con, is also calling for the break up of Iraq [into three parts], Libya into three parts [ Tripolitania, Cyrenaica (Barca) and Fezzan]. Another neo-con,in Haarezt wrote how Azawad state in northern Mali should be welcomed as independent state and that Berber lands in Algeria, Morroco and Tunisia should be broken up from Arab rule. These guys are anarcho-capitalists, who like to turn all the Muslims land into feuding fiefdoms.

Saudi Arabia , was also warned if it didn't tow the washington line during the G Bush's Iraq adventure then her oil rich eastern provinces, which is majority Shia, will be broken away from Saudi. Muslims need to resolve their internal faultlines and contradictions, ASAP, because your enermy know where your weak spots are.

Marksman;837724 wrote:

The Somalis — a dark-skinned people with Caucasian features — didn’t even exist until circa 1200 AD when the male Arab colonizers of the Horn of Africa formed new clans by marrying blacks, multiplying in number rapidly, and then squeezing most non-Somalis — those without male Arab lineage — out of the lands

There is absolutely no fact or base to this. He is a simple minded person that rather have us colonized.

this is part of the genetic war from jews & berbers to claim E1b1b1 all for thmslvs, when jews have only less than 20% and Berbers m87.

somalis are E1b1b1 m35 they r the first who gave birth to all E1b1b1 carriers.

this anotha game guys! they hate been told they come from black people...there's cyber war going on:D

I believe you're right, from what I know, East Africans, along with "Middle Easterners" settled Egypt some 8,000 odd years ago and they back migrated back to East Africa afterwords. Anything that could be described as being Arabs or Somali didn't even exist at that point so no ethnic group can really claim it. It spread west into North Africa, East towards the Arabian peninsula and South into the Horn of Africa.

Mario B   

^ I think you and OP are just making a lot of suppositions and assumptions, so Arabs and Somalis can't claim what? I didn't get your point.

I didn't make any assumptions, the most widely speculated place of origin for E1b1b1 is East Africa. Also, I meant to say neither group can claim it as their own as we are all descended from those early pastoralists. We just happen to live in the region that spawned them and to which they returned.

Mario B   

^^ Jews and Arabs can't claim anything, they are semetic people....meaning they are descendants of two or more group. Im not sure if Berbers are considered semites too.

Mario B;837817 wrote:
^^ Jews and Arabs can't claim anything, they are semetic people....meaning they are descendants of two or more group. Im not sure if Berbers are considered semites too.

but they claiming, the gist here is to take somalis(parent) out of the question,so they could deny they have any black admixture.

Berbers,somalis,southern europeans,many egyptians,some sudanese,beja,some slavs like albania,yugoslavia ,hungary etc are today all scientifically called the SOMALID race(formerly meditid).For example greeks are the largest(50%) with somalid genes.

That's what makes all these people go crazy & rewrite history.

look at this link

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&ved=0CEYQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thegeneticatlas.com%2FE1b1b1_Y-DNA.htm&ei=IzKeT4D_N6Tl6QHFmengDg&usg=AFQjCNGGDBbXJVtFfvz09WwsRZGTH_LR8w&sig2=xFO5lxG6RNNi899JLuK2Pw

Chimera   

Well written article. Somalis don't respect their own ancient genetic code but prefer to be a b@stard race with their silly myths, they don't respect their own common history but prefer petty clan-tales, they don't respect their own nationhood but prefer little fiefdoms, they don't respect their fellow Somali, but prefer foreign mediation.

Ofcourse some third-rate columnist of Gypsy origins that fled Eastern Europe for Canada 60 years ago will have the audacity to take a dump on Somalis, because there are plenty who will welcome him with open arms. Notice how nobody is trying to discredit the Malaysians or Malaysia, why is that?

They got their house in order that's why.

Mario B   

^^ Well said, I never bought this myth that we are descendant of some Arab clans, if any arab individual came to our land and married from us then their genetic code would have been absorbed by our already existing gene pool. They wouldn't have made a dent on us.