Sign in to follow this  
OdaySomali

Somali Jamaican Bloodclaat

Mario B   

OdaySomali;837218 wrote:
NO I was against Pasho posh, Pasha Bazi and the forcing of women to wear a burka. There is a difference between freely choosing and being forced. But your point has been noted and taken, I shall reflect on it.

Burka.jpg

That dress is certainly bida'a, who invented this type of gown, certainly it wasn't around the time of salafi saliheen!

Showqi   

Nin-Yaaban;836850 wrote:
Lost some IQ points watching this....i am gonna go watch that video about Mogadishu TeDX to make it up for it. SMH

Nin-Yaaban, Tanni saaxiibta Muxibo ayey suuqii ka saartay:D

Aaliyyah   

These kinda videos make me sad. Ok she can change any day for the better there is no doubt about that. But, you have to admit it is the parents who have to take the blame I would have to agree with that earlier poster. The parents did not have to be religious persay, but they had to at least be strict culture wise and their daughter would have turned out better. And those of you who always say this guy or this girl chose this path? come on you don't become something overnight. It is a process, and how you were raised plays an important role. Yeah her parents did not tell her to be like this they were not like you know what Deqa we want you picking up the Caribbean dialect , but they facilitated by a- not teaching her anything about her culture her values etc b- letting her befriend the wrong crowd at such a young age which played a critical role in how she ended up as an adult.

my 2 cents.

munirah   

She needs some serious daqan celis. A friend said to me "this is the time when you need al-shabab" but I don't wish Al-shabab on anyone.

Aaliyyah   

^It might be sound to send someone back home to pick up their culture. But, that is if they are open to it..if a person is already an adult and picked up a certain culture. Sending them back home will not really undo it ( trying to undo what they picked up for 20 years in few months). Unless they really want to change from the bottom of their hearts. 80% of young adults send back home come back just the same if anything they would be hating on their parent for putting them thru months of miscommunications. after all they dont want to be there..trust me I personally know of few. It doesn't work.

Chimera   

Somali culture is a static culture, as a result of two decades of no advancement in the entertainment sector. Fact is Hasan Aden Samatar of the past and the new artists of today singing in Somali are lame in the eyes of Somali youth, their clothing style is lame, their moustaches and hair-styles is lame, everything about them is LAME. Hence they would rather emulate other cultures. This is why I welcome with open arms the likes of K'naan, Mataano, Amaal Nuux, etc who are rising on the world-stage and fuse contemporary culture with Somali culture and draw hundreds of thousand of Somali youth into a distinct bubble, which one can see forming steadily on the interestingly compiled soobaxblog.

We're also ignoring the elephant in the room; Bob Marley was big in prewar Somalia, but nobody spoke like him, why is that? Displace a lion-cub from Africa and put it amongst piglets, and it will grow up thinking its a pig.

So to the sister in the video; booyakah shah, galang bout yuh business mi galdem, and gwaan go maas!

Chimera   

I always found this dabo wareeji global culture uninspiring, and quite frankly disgusting. I would seriously consider dumping a woman if she were to ever do that in my presence. Degrading to say the least.

Btw, back in my parents day Somali artists were the bomb, their sounds were contemporary and cool, but todays crop is meh compared to the old ones.

ljgyd.jpg

We need a serious update in quality.

Wasted 1.45 min watching that video. The thing that baffles me is that other people try to act like Jamaicans but you will never see a Jamaican trying to act like someone from another country. They are people who hold firm to their culture if only we did that too instead of trying to copy another country.

Bluelicious;838262 wrote:
^^ Lool is it becaus she does all these weird moves that you maybe like?
:P

If she didn't have a tattoo on her arm or had half of her head shaved, she would've been good looking. IMO. She's not really bad to look at.