Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Somali Citizenship

N.O.R.F   

NGONGE;825790 wrote:
^^ I was born in the place and spent a couple of years there before leaving warya!
:D

Were you? I would never have thought :D

wyre   

NGONGE;825778 wrote:
^^ Dee adiga. Durba Yehood iyo Carab ayaad Somalia keentay!
:D

That's why I don't like commenting ab't politics threads :P:D:D

NGONGE   

^^ War miyaad cahdootay? :D

Dee the yehood story does not apply here and never will. For a start, there is no Quds in Somalia to fight over. Wax fahan.

I think we actually are evolving albeit super slowly if we are discussing citizenship and constitutions.

NGONGE.....What's your view on the Constitution itself. I am assuming you read some of it?

Someone on the first page jokingly,said that why would any1 want to be a Somali citizen?(Cant remember,cant be bothered to go back)....Look, Allah could make Somalia a great economic powerhouse thereby making every1 want to be a citizen. If and when we become a functioning govt, We could use Human capital, especially a diverse and a well educated human capital...If those people, are deemed to meet the criteria for having sharci, lets welcome them.

It is funny those with foreign passports are the very same ones who are yelling the loudest against this so called sharci...Ma anaa waalan or is someone singing from Cadan and Sanaa(and the entire Arabian Penissula for that matter?!). Look people,There will be a ministry in charge of these things, I also believe this ministry will have an application process to vet the applicants, i am also sure there will be an immigration hearing, you will either be granted or denied. If there is need to believe that the system is abused or mismanaged, then we can always ammend it and make it better.

Lets be Tolerant folks...as we have been tolerated in some many different countries worldwide.

Che -Guevara;825863 wrote:
^I think the fear is being overwhelmed by the Mexicans to the west of us:D

LMA0. Possible. But, seriously Che, cidna somali uma ogoli, intaan somali ka ahayn, is really a shallow and quite frankly, a selfish mentality.

^It's and immigration is fact of reality in every country whether we want to stop immigrants or not. It is more prudent to have system that will incorporate into the larger system rather marginalizing them.

Faarax-Brawn;825857 wrote:
Someone on the first page jokingly,said that why would any1 want to be a Somali citizen?(Cant remember,cant be bothered to go back)....Look, Allah could make Somalia a great economic powerhouse thereby making every1 want to be a citizen. If and when we become a functioning govt, We could use Human capital, especially a diverse and a well educated human capital...If those people, are deemed to meet the criteria for having sharci, lets welcome them.

It is funny those with foreign passports are the very same ones who are yelling the loudest against this so called sharci...Ma anaa waalan or is someone singing from Cadan and Sanaa(and the entire Arabian Penissula for that matter?!). Look people,There will be a ministry in charge of these things, I also believe this ministry will have an application process to vet the applicants, i am also sure there will be an immigration hearing, you will either be granted or denied. If there is need to believe that the system is abused or mismanaged, then we can always ammend it and make it better.

Lets be Tolerant folks...as we have been tolerated in some many different countries worldwide.

Great answer I agree! :D

Mario B   

Ten year residence rule should apply imo before someone becomes a Somali Citizen. I also believe holding this opinion doesn't make me a xenophobe, racist or small minded.

Che -Guevara;825869 wrote:
^It's and immigration is fact of reality in every country whether we want to stop immigrants or not. It is more prudent to have system that will incorporate into the larger system rather marginalizing them.

True...True. But we need to be tolerant and look at our interest as a nation. Of course, you dont wanna welc every1 mudasoka out there,but you dont wanna have rigid immigration policy that you chase away potential human capital

NGONGE   

Che, I have no problem with the constitution (why would I, I'm an S.Lander :P). At any rate, it can be changed, amended or even ditched and there is no reason for any of the current fuss about it. However, the blame for all of this lies with the hopeless TFG PM and his mishandling of a simple situation.