Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Somali Citizenship

Heerkaas ma gaarin, mana u dhawin. Dal hormaray ma nihin. Soomaaliya markee sodon sano camal nabad ka jirto or something like that ayaa la qoraa waxaan camal. Not now, not in the near future either.

Also it is written by non-Soomaalis, oo Soomaalida waa lagu qasbaayaa. No way.

Paragon   

We need to grow up up in here, man. Maneenada badan laabjeex ayaan ka qaadaa.

I find the constitutional law on citizen a refreshing idea and welcome it. And may I declare that i dont like hypocrisy especially when we got our sharci in 5 years and yet want to refuse potential immigrants to Somalia the same rights.

Entertaining nonsense is a tiresome business.

Mana xanaaqsani yaah? :D

Che -Guevara;825408 wrote:
^Good point but I don't think Oday would like Oromos amassing in Somalia?
:D

I forgot to add that these foreigners should be usefull ones ;)

OdaySomali;825441 wrote:
I forgot to add that these foreigners should be
usefull
ones
;)

sincere question. are you a helpful foreigner:confused::D

Mario B   

kingofkings;825443 wrote:
sincere question. are you a helpful foreigner:confused:

Lol, from what I read here, OdaySomali seems to be a top bloke! :D

Mario B;825451 wrote:
Lol, from what I read here, OdaySomali seems to be a top bloke!

:D bal let's wait odeysomali's response before we make an allegation.

Showqi   

Dadka ajaanibta ah ee la Soomaaliyey sharciga 4.5 inteey ku leeyihiin. Iyagana half-ka maan ku dareynaa.:D

Mario B   

Maybe we can have a liberal citizenship rule in a generation or two but at moment the Somali government should be working in resettling of all those IDP's and refugees. We can have a residence visa programme that is generous for those with skills or want to start a business. When we achieve a mature governance it will then be different.

NGONGE   

N.O.R.F;825597 wrote:
Skilled people only.

Doctors, engineers, technicians, investors etc.

How many Somalis in Sheffield are skilled warya? How many got their sharci in five years? :D

Rise above the petty stuff, people.

what's wrong with these people. it's not like any of you are skilled:confused: be honest, how many of you when you entered the country was considered qualified or skilled:confused: folks, there's ignorance and stu pidity, and i'm afraid foreigners reading this would make the claim were all stu pid.

N.O.R.F   

NGONGE;825612 wrote:
How many Somalis in Sheffield are skilled warya? How many got their sharci in five years?

Proportionally more than in London :P

Don't confuse seeking asylum as a refugee with economic migration.

NGONGE   

N.O.R.F;825641 wrote:
Proportionally more than in London
:P

Don't confuse seeking asylum as a refugee with economic migration.

It don't matter. The end result is the same. As Somalis who have been through this in the past and know how it all feels, you would have expected most to understand the fairness of such a rule. I mean it's not as if the whole world is going to flood into Somalia. The ones that have and will, are the refugees from across the border. Let them be and don't be a xaasid.

N.O.R.F   

^It does matter. I'm talking about economic migration. You're mixing the two.

Refugees from across the border are likely to be Somalis and they're welcome. If they're not Somali and are fleeing persecution and remain in the country for a length of time that would be fine also (unless their country is stable again before the 5 years requirement). Sheltering refugees is an international requirement anyway.

Economic migrants who do a job we lack the necessary numbers for should be given the chance to become citizens. Thats fine.

What I'm opposing is letting every Tom, Dick and Harry enter the country and be allowed citizenship 'just because'.

NGONGE   

N.O.R.F;825667 wrote:
^It does matter. I'm talking about economic migration. You're mixing the two.

Refugees from across the border are likely to be Somalis and they're welcome. If they're not Somali and are fleeing persecution and remain in the country for a length of time that would be fine also (unless their country is stable again before the 5 years requirement). Sheltering refugees is an international requirement anyway.

Economic migrants who do a job we lack the necessary numbers for should be given the chance to become citizens. Thats fine.

What I'm opposing is letting every Tom, Dick and Harry enter the country and be allowed citizenship 'just because'.

You disappoint me warya. You've lived in four different countries and visited a dozen more. You've come across racists, right wingers and xenophobes in all the places you've been and yet, you're still talking with a village mentality!

An economic migrant still has to enter the country and recieve a visa for doing so. Should they spend five years amongst Somalis and get used to the culture, customs and lifestyle, whilst also paying their taxes and making a contribution to society, why should they not be allowed to remain and become Somalis? YOU have and almost every last person posting on this site has!