Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

Pax Somalica, the Metropolis!!

Chimera   

I once said a mega-city like Tokyo could fit 500 times in a country the size of Somalia, this has given me a broader persepective of the potential that is Somalia, and what is actually needed, and what can be allowed to go its seperate ways. Recently I've become sick and tired of all these clan-states popping up left and right tearing away at the remaining fabric of Somalinimo with this federalism bs, it's either that or the various brain-dead Somalinet refugees that infiltrated this forum and who are currently in a comical fashion threatening that they are five miles from eachothers pathetic little clan headquarters must have tipped something within me. This is the African Century, these walking clan-zombies will never get us to the top of our potential, they don't possess minds of their own, but blindly follow pathetic clan-chieftains like groupies follow The Rolling Stones.

Somalia doesn't need them, it only needs one city full of visionary men and women, that wish to succeed in life, and whose only clan is the Somali Republic. A place that attracts the best and the brightest of the Somali World, a place that will build and attract Somali conglomerates, a place that will absorb the 500 thousand Somali orphans in the country and shape them into Pan-Somalists, a place that attracts the hundreds of thousands of refugees that have come accostumed to the fact that their clan is worth sh!t when it comes to their safety and standards of living. A place where the Somali heroes and heroines of the fifties, sixties and seventies can come and retire peacefully in their last days on earth.

A place that is self-sufficient and advanced, a real metropolis.

I have an inner feeling that tells me peace will be achieved in the next two years, but war will erupt five years later, because the brain-dead chieftains rather see the country destroyed instead of their own clans, and this is unacceptable. After all the sacrifices made by the Pan-Somalists of the past, for their memory to be savaged for another twenty years is utterly shameful, hence the dream of these men and women should instead be honoured in the form of a unified Pan-Somali metropolis known as Pax-Somalica.

Let the current Somalia disintergrate into a thousand states, let them all secede, but on one condition and that is; they will return the billions and billions of dollars worth of infrastructure back to the Somali Republic that will be confined to this single mega-metropolis i.e Pax Somalica. With this I mean the thousands of miles of roads and highways, the multiple deepsea ports, the airport infrastructure, etc that was build under the Somali Republic, a construction feat the clan-states have yet to emulate. The seaport infrastructure transported to the new metropolis could be combined into one to become the largest seaport in Africa, the metropolis per square mile would have the most roads and paved streets of any city in Africa, and the airport would have the largest runways.

This would give Pax-Somalica a significant edge on the international markets and attract a large amount of FDI comparable to 70s Singapore and South Korea. Just to put it in persepective, metropolises like Hong Kong or Singapore are a thousand times smaller than the region that is East Africa, but their combined GDP is larger than all of East Africa put together!

In the past Somali metropolises like Medieval Mogadishu were what the above Asian cities are today. Hubs of prosperity, and commerce, with a grand international reputation, which is exactly what the Somali people desperately need today. A fortress of solitude, that is always open to any Somali on the planet who destroys the slave-shackles of their clans, so they may enter the city-gates of Pax-Somalica as free individuals, and not remain servants of illiterate men that get their heads poured over with camel-milk.

No more trying to debate the concept of Somalinimo to anyone, if you don't believe in it, macsalaama walaal, have a good life amongst your clan. No more grovelling to any political entity, if they prefer to be ignorant of our god-given potential, they should be allowed to stay ignorant, only embrace those interested in Pax-Somalica without pre-conditions of any kind.

There are millions of great Somali individuals who deep down know they should be leading better lives, and the Pax-Somalica metropolis would be their safehaven.

Good point homie! there only one phrase to describe the current situation of somalis.............

"Greed loses all by striving all to gain"

Every idiotic kabo-qabiil wants to pretend that hes "The Goose That Laid the Golden Eggs"...but they all know that they are impotent and got no pwr to bring their dreams to reality. However, they can joy that short term party and even invite their life time enemies into the village so that they can pretent to have more pwr with the clan cheerleaders.

I will drive the pax bus...if u wanna jump in...lets go nomads n guide our homeland to the top!! Thats were we belong.

Timur   

Do you ever write anything that is even marginally realistic or could actually be for the betterment of Somalia or do you live in a sci-fi fantasy? :confused:

since all of you failed to correct him, it did not take billions and billions to build the country's current roads/highways. i guess your not in the few the proud the Somali pax group. talk about someone contributing the disintegration of somali people. :o

Mario B   

Chimera;823535 wrote:
I once said a mega-city like Tokyo could fit 500 times in a country the size of Somalia, this has given me a broader persepective of the potential that is Somalia, and what is actually needed, and what can be allowed to go its seperate ways. Recently I've become sick and tired of all these clan-states popping up left and right tearing away at the remaining fabric of Somalinimo with this federalism bs, it's either that or the various brain-dead Somalinet refugees that infiltrated this forum and who are currently in a comical fashion threatening that they are five miles from eachothers pathetic little clan headquarters must have tipped something within me. This is the African Century, these walking clan-zombies will never get us to the top of our potential, they don't possess minds of their own, but blindly follow pathetic clan-chieftains like groupies follow The Rolling Stones.

Somalia doesn't need them, it only needs one city full of visionary men and women, that wish to succeed in life, and whose only clan is the Somali Republic. A place that attracts the best and the brightest of the Somali World, a place that will build and attract Somali conglomerates, a place that will absorb the 500 thousand Somali orphans in the country and shape them into Pan-Somalists, a place that attracts the hundreds of thousands of refugees that have come accostumed to the fact that
their clan is worth sh!t
when it comes to their safety and standards of living. A place where the Somali heroes and heroines of the fifties, sixties and seventies can come and retire peacefully in their last days on earth.

A place that is self-sufficient and advanced, a real metropolis.

I have an inner feeling that tells me peace will be achieved in the next two years, but war will erupt five years later, because the brain-dead chieftains rather see the country destroyed instead of their own clans, and this is unacceptable. After all the sacrifices made by the Pan-Somalists of the past, for their memory to be savaged for another twenty years is utterly shameful, hence the dream of these men and women should instead be honoured in the form of a unified Pan-Somali metropolis known as
Pax-Somalica

Let the current Somalia disintergrate into a thousand states, let them all secede, but on one condition and that is; they will return the billions and billions of dollars worth of infrastructure back to the Somali Republic that will be confined to this single mega-metropolis i.e
Pax Somalica
. With this I mean the thousands of miles of roads and highways, the multiple deepsea ports, the airport infrastructure, etc that was build under the Somali Republic, a construction feat the clan-states have yet to emulate. The seaport infrastructure transported to the new metropolis could be combined into one to become the largest seaport in Africa, the metropolis per square mile would have the most roads and paved streets of any city in Africa, and the airport would have the largest runways.

This would give
Pax-Somalica
a significant edge on the international markets and attract a large amount of FDI comparable to 70s Singapore and South Korea. Just to put it in persepective, metropolises like Hong Kong or Singapore are a thousand times smaller than the region that is East Africa, but their combined GDP is larger than all of East Africa put together!

In the past Somali metropolises like Medieval Mogadishu were what the above Asian cities are today. Hubs of prosperity, and commerce, with a grand international reputation, which is exactly what the Somali people desperately need today. A fortress of solitude, that is always open to any Somali on the planet who destroys the slave-shackles of their clans, so they may enter the city-gates of
Pax-Somalica
as free individuals, and not remain servants of illiterate men that get their heads poured over with camel-milk.

No more trying to debate the concept of Somalinimo to anyone, if you don't believe in it, macsalaama walaal, have a good life amongst your clan. No more grovelling to any political entity, if they prefer to be ignorant of our god-given potential, they should be allowed to stay ignorant, only embrace those interested in
Pax-Somalica
without pre-conditions of any kind.

There are millions of great Somali individuals who deep down know they should be leading better lives, and the
Pax-Somalica
metropolis would be their safehaven.

Tremendous, while this may appear pie in the sky, but if enough of us undertook this task, we might just achieve the equilibrium needed to save our country. It's an equilibrium that might not rid us of clannism... but will make it, at least, subservient to the state or our common good.

Chimera   

kingofkings;823892 wrote:
since all of you failed to correct him, it did not take billions and billions to build the country's current roads/highways. i guess your not in the few the proud the Somali pax group. talk about someone contributing the disintegration of somali people.
:o

The 21000km road-network is worth billions, certain sections like the Garowe-Bosaso road, or the Berbera-Burco road were close to $250 million each, add to that the airport-infrastructure. Then you have also the various factories and power-plants scattered across the country, that's another billion.(regardless if some of them are working or not, we can use the steel). Then you have the port-infrastructure, be it the deepsea ones or the minor ones, they were all developed by the Somali Port Authority.

I'm not disintergrating the Somali people, in Pax Somalica any Somali regardless of where his/her origin is in the Somali peninsula would be welcome, however on the condition that their minds are not shackled to a region or a clan.

Chimera   

Mario B;823896 wrote:
Tremendous
, while this may appear pie in the sky, but if enough of us undertook this task, we might just achieve the equilibrium needed to save our country. It's an equilibrium that might not rid us of clannism... but will make it, at least, subservient to the state or our common good.

When people look at the likes of KingofKings, Dr Osman, Relentless, and Xaaji Xunjuf, they see regionalists, seccessionists and clannists, I do too, however one can't deny their passion or resourcefulness. Imagine if things had not panned out negatively they way it did in our country; these characters would have been at the forefront of Pan-Somalism, the posterboys of a powerful Somalia, spreading the message and defending the Somali Republic. However I feel like they were corrupted, and that has made them the men they are today, competing with themselves. The most wasteful rivalry is sibling rivalry.

Pax-Somalica would be a place that shapes and reshapes Somali men and women into a new breed of nationalists.

Chimera   

Timur;823890 wrote:
Do you ever write anything that is even marginally realistic or could actually be for the betterment of Somalia or do you live in a sci-fi fantasy? :confused:

Before there is science-fact, there is science-fiction. Its amusing that you would try to discredit my theoretic excercise by dubbing it 'sci-fi', when the greatest advances in the last 30 years were done by Star-Wars and Star-Trek fans. I'm sure Sillicon-Valley once upon a time was considered a figment of someone's imagination, yet the innovations from that place are currently shaping your life.

Pax-Somalica doesn't have to start as a metropolis, it could start as a University, where the brain and the leadership of the metropolis is cultivated first before it steadily expands.

nuune   

Wonderful bro Da'ud, have you ever thought that there could be a rail system in the country, there is a real opportunity there, and HUGE investment is needed for that, a network spanning in all areas, towns, cities, this is the real peace, connecting peace itself to the rest of the country.

Chimera   

There would have been a rail-network in Somalia for a decade or two already, and massive dams as well, but we have denied ourselves alot of infrastructural projects with this pointless conflict.

nuune   

If telecoms can penetrate where the conflict is, why not the rail system, I don't see a conflict is an issue, but lack of interest from business people, they don't know how profitable this is, or maybe they want a quick cash for a quick period, rail system building takes few years to complete, unless you hire Chineese and they will finish it quickly.

Somalia   

Chimera;824019 wrote:
The 21000km road-network is worth billions, certain sections like the Garowe-Bosaso road, or the Berbera-Burco road were close to $250 million each, add to that the airport-infrastructure. Then you have also the various factories and power-plants scattered across the country, that's another billion.(regardless if some of them are working or not, we can use the steel). Then you have the port-infrastructure, be it the deepsea ones or the minor ones, they were all developed by the Somali Port Authority.

I have a very detailed book regarding deals made during the Siad Barre era, it said that the Chinese-built road connecting Beledweyne to Burco going through Puntland cost $75.000.000 adjusted to inflation that's $387,486,486.49, it is around almost a 1000 km long.

Chimera   

One example was the $250 million spent on the Garoe-Bosaso road that stretched 450 kilometers across barren desert that was crossed only by nomads on foot - Africa in chaos - Page 285

Post a few of the deals, sounds interesting.