Sign in to follow this  
Somalia

Puntland Constitution Is An Affront to Somalinimo

Somalia   

As you may have wondered, I posted some Articles quoting the Puntland Constitution that do not put the draft in good light. I believe during difficult times, people should come together, especially when facing a powerful radical force that denies our very existence as moderate people, a force that does not understand the basic nature of peace. Alienating each other at this point is a step backwards to the 8th century.

If we look at the Puntland constitution, it rejects the fundamental premise of Somalinimo, that we are all the same, instead it promotes a wider version of nepotism and institutionalizes protectionism and anti-tolerance.

Though it points out in Article 133 out of an unprecedented 136 articles, that the Federal Constitution is above state law, the mere fact that this was proposed and ratified is an embarrassment and must be repealed. For God's sake, the draft is longer than the Transitional Federal Charter, it declares anyone born within Puntland to be a Puntland national thus alluding to a higher status and separatism, it guarentees its citizens the right to a pension, it will set up its own social security program and sign its own deals with the international community.

I thereby reject the current form of the Puntland constitution due to its inability of bringing people together, its abhorrent disregard for the basic rights of all Somalis and finally its exclusion of common sense.

Carafaat   

Somalia, I salute you. You are a true National and a son of Somalia, who carries his name with honour.

It's time to bring our people back together, the time of polarization, disenfranchising and disunity is over. There are no loosers and no winners. But only hope we can build up a nation and peoples that are fair,just, honoust and rightous. And you have showed us here there is change and there is hope for a better Somalia.

uchi   

What did you expect?

PL is and will be a state within a federal system, nothing less nothing more~

I don't understand all this nonsense.

Move along Carafaat.

Somalia   

uchi;819264 wrote:
What did you expect?

PL is and will be a state within a federal system, nothing less nothing more~

I don't understand all this nonsense.

All persons holding Puntland nationality constitute the people of Puntland.

Puntland natural resources belong to Puntland people and can be exploited in conformity

with the Law.

The Central Bank is an autonomous institution of the Puntland State and is responsible

for:

(a) implementing the monetary policy of the government;

(b) issuing currency as the sole source;

The President is the General Commander of the Armed Forces.

The President shall direct and develop the international relations of the Puntland State

and negotiate and sign international agreements

A valid criticism..

I think the puntland politicians are just confused when it comes to governing. That's why a lot of people call them out. Be an independent state or stand for Somalia, that's it.

AfricaOwn;819272 wrote:
A valid criticism..

I think the puntland politicians are just confused when it comes to governing. That's why a lot of people call them out. Be an independent state or stand for Somalia, that's it.

valid point:confused: now i have my own valid point. What is a non-PLer doing discussing PL political/internal affairs:confused: like your confused cousins, are you also running from siilaanyo now dubbed as "afweyne" :confused: for once be honest you you snm son of a gun.

Mario B;819276 wrote:
WOW! Stealth secessionist have outed themselves.
:(
I salute your stance, saxib!!

if i were you, i wouldn't celebrate. or are you too confused to see what this means for you in the future.

Mario B   

kingofkings;819278 wrote:
if i were you, i wouldn't celebrate. or are you too confused to see what this means for you in the future.

I'm not celebrating. :(

Abdul   

Somalia;819250 wrote:
As you may have wondered, I posted some Articles quoting the Puntland Constitution that do not put the draft in good light. I believe during difficult times, people should come together, especially when facing a powerful radical force that denies our very existence as moderate people, a force that does not understand the basic nature of peace. Alienating each other at this point is a step backwards to the 8th century.

If we look at the Puntland constitution, it rejects the fundamental premise of Somalinimo, that we are all the same, instead it promotes a wider version of nepotism and institutionalizes protectionism and anti-tolerance.

Though it points out in Article 133 out of an unprecedented 136 articles, that the Federal Constitution is above state law, the mere fact that this was proposed and ratified is an embarrassment and must be repealed. For God's sake, the draft is longer than the Transitional Federal Charter, it declares anyone born within Puntland to be a Puntland national thus alluding to a higher status and separatism, it guarentees
its
citizens the right to a pension, it will set up its
own
social security program and sign its own deals with the international community.

I thereby reject the current form of the Puntland constitution due to its inability of bringing people together, its abhorrent disregard for the basic rights of all Somalis and finally its exclusion of common sense.

Well stated and agree 100%

Chimera   

My ancestry is in Puntland and Somaliland, but I do not see my future there, and more importantly I think it would be best if these two entities just went completely their own way, full independence. I'm kind of tired of all this diva-ish behaviour of these groups thinking they're superior to others that look like them, speak the same language as them and practice the same religion. There is only tunnel-vision and complete lack of awareness of the situation around them in the region; the rapid industralization, the vast trading ties, the military-build up, the population growth. Those little new countries could never become players against such a mobilization of manpower and size, the way a revived Somalia could.

In any case no more war for trivial bs, instead Central and South Somalia should become the new Somali Republic open to all Somalis from around the world, and which has the old ideals of Somalinimo, let the other entities engage in exclusivity. There is plenty of oil and other natural resources in the remaining regions, it will have the largest Somali population, its an agricultural paradise, and has the most urban hubs, it's sufficient.

Enough with the charade of Federalism or we can be 'two countries one system' nonsense, you either with the Somali Republic, or your not.