Sign in to follow this  
Somalia

Puntland Constitution Is An Affront to Somalinimo

Libaax-Sankataabte;819504 wrote:
By the way, is the contruction of the parliament building complete? Update us yaa dhallinyaro.

GO11.jpg

LSK, the current look is temporary . but once it's complete. it will look like this

37423_126666700706853_100000905704365_12

Carafaat   

Libaax-Sankataabte;819465 wrote:
Gheelle, Mujaahid Carafaat set this thing up to rile up few heads. The good Mujaahid is watching the show from distance only participating when he thinks the fire needs more fuel.

This is really a joke. Folks can't be serious.

LST, Awoowo,

This thread was opened by Somalia, he raised some valid questions, doubts about this Constitutions and its coherence with Somalinimo. Carafaat did not draft the constitution, simply voiced my opinion on certain articles regarding secession, citizenships, and process of passing the constitution while another Somali is drafted by the TFG, and why goverment employees are the opnes passing the constitution?

You still haven't responded on the mentioned article's your opinion or interpretation?

This is local constitution and nothing big, it concerns the matters of the local issues of Puntland.

As for those alluding Puntland seceding must know that Puntland is the fabric and backbone of Somali nationalism, the ultimate protector of Somali unity. Puntland have always played and still is playing a leading role in Somalia affairs and politics, and at the same time are working hard to build their local structure and good governance systems and there is nothing wrong with that.

Qandalawi;819515 wrote:
This is local constitution and nothing big, it concerns the matters of the local issues of Puntland.

As for those alluding Puntland seceding must know that Puntland is the fabric and backbone of Somali nationalism, the ultimate protector of Somali unity. Puntland have always played and still is playing a leading role in Somalia affairs and politics, and at the same time are working hard to build their local structure and good governance systems and there is nothing wrong with that.

hahaha...mate the game is up stop pretending. hahaha...:cool:

the true face has come up...back bone my **s they are the reason for the fall of the former Somali Republic hahah RIP Somalia.

Relentless;819521 wrote:
hahaha...mate the game is up stop pretending. hahaha...:cool:

the true face has come up...back bone my **s they are the reason for the fall of the former Somali Republic hahah RIP Somalia.

hermit you son of a gun, so this is where you have been hiding. BUSTED. :D:D

kingofkings;819527 wrote:
hermit you son of a gun, so this is where you have been hiding. BUSTED.
:D

Kingy although somalia has been dead for 21 years i would like to congratulate your people for killing off what hope was left..now we can get away with it, seeing we were a soverign nation that united with Somalia in 1960 but you my friend have no history of independence and no oil and clan constituion put you guys in a hole you will never escape from. hahah...i love you guys...you guys give me so much joke. :cool:

Carafaat   

Qandalawi;819515 wrote:

As for those alluding Puntland seceding must know that
Puntland is the fabric and backbone of Somali nationalism, the ultimate protector of Somali unity. Puntland have always played and still is playing a leading role in Somalia affairs and politics
, and at the same time are working hard to build their local structure and good governance systems and there is nothing wrong with that.

Qandalawi, exactly for the reason mentioned above Somalia, me and otherts are doubting some of the artticles Somalia mentioned in this thread. What is your opinion on those articles Somalia mentioned?

Relentless, you are daydreaming bro, Puntland is the reason to Somali unity. Should Puntland secede do you think the rest of the south will stay together? Don't be naive Saxib as others suggested, clan is everything in Somalia, and if Puntland secedes it will lead and open the door to a whole other regions of Somalia that are in the south to secede and Mogadishu will not be the capital anymore, the whole country will disintegrate may god forbid that. Also Puntland has challenged and stopped the fake border claim and secession of SL. To add more, despite the suffering and the huge loss of life and wealth inflicted upon reer Puntland during the civil war in Mogadishu, they played a huge part in Somali politics without prejudices or grudges and returned to Mogadishu immediately after the civil broke and lul returned and even since more so than any other group or region in Somalia.

All these suggest, Puntland has its eyes on Mogadishu but multitasking and working on your backyard is a clever idea.

Carafaat you are making a meal out of a non issue, post the points and make it clear that you disagree with that point but not the whole constitution, you seem to be all over the place.

Plus you have been posting these past few days promoting this idea of Puntland seceding, how can it secede when its President Faroole will be innaugrated the President of Somali come August. Unlike you people think big Saaxib, whereas the secessionists daydream and perhaps my Mogadishu brother make a life of the chaos and oppose anything peace, constitution, law and order.

Adeer, we are not on the same caliper :D

Whatever you say Qandalawi...every Somali knows the Somaliland nation was the first independent Somali nation. Recognised by 32 soverign nations it is the home and birthplace of Somaliweyn and unity. The borders of Somaliland and Somalia are also recognised as was the union between Somaliland and Somalia. Therefore it is more legitimate then the tribal enclave of puntland. Somaliland controls its entire territority from Djibouti border to 23 klm from Garowe. While you struggle against piracy and alshabab. So in reality we are not on the same level saxib. as for your consitution puntland has commited an act of sucide and if this so called gets approval it has put in motion the death of whats left of the former Somali republic as your own consitution states puntland interest is above national interest, puntland are citizens within there own rights...and if the rest of you Somalians follow suit it is the END.

Carafaat   

Article 3 states, Pending the completion of the Federal Constitution approved by a popular referendum, Puntland State shall have the status of an independent States.

All persons holding Puntland nationality constitute the people of Puntland.

Puntland natural resources belong to Puntland people and can be exploited in conformity

with the Law.

The Central Bank is an autonomous institution of the Puntland State and is responsible

for:

(a) implementing the monetary policy of the government;

(b) issuing
currency as the sole source;

The President is the General Commander of the Armed Forces.

The President shall direct and develop
the international relations of the Puntland State

and negotiate and sign international agreements

Qandalawi, these are the articles I oppose because I am against secession, having diffrent natiolatities, having diffrent currencies, diffrent armed forces and each state having its own international relations and signing its own international agreements. I oppose them exacly for the same as I oppose them for Somaliland. Because this will; create divisions and make us weak as Somali's. I want a United country and United peoples.

what is your opinion on this?

SL is not independent, its claims to be independent while on the other hand Puntland does not claim independence but an autonomous federal state that's part of the Somali republic.

Balse adigu as a secessionist clan government supporter keep telling us your facts that Somaliland is independent, waa lagaa aqrisan doonaayee :D

Qandalawi;819549 wrote:
SL is not independent, its claims to be independent while on the other hand Puntland does not claim independence but an autonomous federal state that's part of the Somali republic.

Balse adigu as a secessionist clan government supporter keep telling us your facts that Somaliland is independent, waa lagaa aqrisan doonaayee

whatever you say mate...Somaliland is capable of attaining what it wants as for your beloved puntland i think the game is up...the talk of somali unity and somalinimo has been exposed for what it really was BULLS***T hahaha...:cool:

At least we have the balls to tell Somali's what we are about.

Carafaat   

Qandalawi;819549 wrote:
SL is not independent, its claims to be independent while on the other hand
Puntland does not claim independence but an autonomous federal state that's part of the Somali republic.

article 3: Pending the completion of the Federal Constitution approved by a popular referendum, Puntland State shall have the status of an
independent States

how do you interpret this article?

Carafaat your point is well taken Awowe, you disagree on those points and see them as a problem, on the other hand I see things differently. However, these points do not immediately threaten the unity of Somalia nor are they issues of priority or big problems at this turmoil moment of Somalia only unless someone is looking for the bad side of the coin. Let's for sake of argument say that you have valid reasons to pick the points but remember it can be amended at a later stage, what mattes at this stage is to get over this hurdle and have something, a constitution that works for the people of Puntland.