Carafaat

The Somalia-Somaliland talks Thread

On 12/29/2023 at 12:59 AM, Che -Guevara said:

Wednesday, December 7, 2022 (Xaaji's post) seems so long ago yet so much happened in just a short time. What preconditions can Somaliland demand now?

Time will tell. The talks have reached a dead lock and it seems nobody is intrested in addressing the elephant in the room, as long as there is no time frame there no proper mediation. And a clear agenda talking point I find it it very difficult for these talks to progress and succeed . It’s seems like they are rehashing old points  

2 minutes ago, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

Time will tell. The talks have reached a dead lock and it seems nobody is intrested in addressing the elephant in the room, as long as there is no time frame there no proper mediation. And a clear agenda talking point I find it it very difficult for these talks to progress and succeed . It’s seems like they are rehashing old points  

Sxb, considering today's development, the talks might have been about HSM and Muse granting Ethiopia a port and naval base.

I doubt Hassan’ would have been oke with it. Besides what will he get in return   It’s seems strange. Was the so called talks just to cover up

3 minutes ago, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

I doubt Hassan’ would have been oke with it. Besides what will he get in return   It’s seems strange. Was the so called talks just to cover up

What's your take? Is Sland going to risk an Ethiopian naval base on the Red Sea considering Oromo ambitions? 

I don’t know che I don’t know the finer details of this agreement  where will it be for how long what will somaliland  get in return. It’s easy to say  I am for it or against it . My brother in law woke me up this morning screaming muuse biixi sold us to the Xabashis  sidi Anigu twitters uun baan akhriyey .

the galla for sure can’t be trusted muse wants to

make a legacy the whole  laascanood fiasco that went left.   He wanted to repair things.  Or make something different. It’s hard to say how though 

nobody in Somaliland likes Ethiopia for sure but the poepte aren’t given any options  and it seems somalia will never Honer somaliland wishes . It’s like being being in a rock and a hard place 

Muse can redeem himself and can at least try to reach out to reer Sool.  and constructively engage with reer Awdal. It is hubris and not listening to others that was his downfall. 

Ethiopia is burning. It makes no sense to make deals with a man who might be ousted eventually. The Ethiopian army barely controls Amhara and does not control large swathes of Oromia.

I think abiye controls about roughly close 70 percent of Ethiopia he has reached out to the tigrayans and they are his card to keep the Amhara in check .:  but he had fallen out with the Eritrean event though he indirectly threaten the Eritreans with a war  

but here came muse. Who gave the gallas a way out  not sure if it will bear fruit.  Surely the president of somaliland will have a lot of explaining to do. Not to the parliament or guurti he has those in the pocket. But to the people , and especially his maternal uncles. Before reaching out to the laascanod people or borama people he needs to get the duriyad behind this idea once then he can reach out.

as for the koonfurians I don’t see how they can stop this deal  the only way they can stop it is something like recognising somaliland independence before the Ethiopians do if they do that they can stop this deal.  If Ethiopia securing the port. They might lose one third of their claimed territory but they still can stop this deal but if the Ethiopia set foot in somaliland then it’s to late  and that ship has sealed for ever . Wa labba daran mid dooro loose some of ur land and ur brother can live in peace . Or oppose it and ur brother makes a deal with the devil and not sure if the devil will ever leave his territory.   Difficult choice 

Somaliland oo raaligalin ka dalbatay Dowlada Federaalka Soomaaliya

28Shares

Tweet

Talaado, January, 2, 2024 (HOL) - Somaliland ayaa Dowlada Federaalka ku eedaysay in ay ka baxday heshiiskii Jabuuti, kadib markii uu Wasiir Fiqi sheegay in heshiisku uu ahaa mid lagu midaynayay labada dhinac.

Wasiirka Arrimaha Guddaha Somaliland Maxamed Kaahin Axmed, aya sheegay in Wasiirka Arrimaha Guddaha Soomaaliya, uu jabiyay mid kamid ah qodobadii lagu heshiiyay oo aahaa in heshiiska laga ilaaliyo wixii dhaawacaya.

"Waxa ku jiray in dhinac waliba ilaaliyo geedi socodka shirarka, isla markaana aan la samaynin hadalo iyo qoraalo dhaawacaya geedi socodka shirarka iyo jawiga wadahadalada, waxaan ka xumahay in wasiirkii aanu wada saxeexnay uu ku tilmaamay mid dalka wadajirkiisa loogaga talinayay" ayuu yidhi Wasiir Kaahin.

Waxa uu sheegay in heshiisyadii hore ay burbureen kadib markii ay Soomaaliya ka been sheegtay wixii lagu heshiiyay, isla markaana ay hadalo aan haboonayn ka danbaysiisay, imikana markale ay dowlada federaalku jabisay heshiiskii.

"Arrintani waxay muujinaysa in heshiiskii ay ka baxday Dowlada Federaalka ah ee Soomaaliya, waxaanu ku baraarujinaynaa in ay raaligalin ka bixiyaan qodobkan wasiirku uu sida khaldan u tilmaamay" ayuu yidhi Wasiir Kaahin.

Wasiirku waxa uu sheegay in ujeedada heshiisku anay hayn in Somaliland iyo Soomaaliya midoobaan, lakiin ay ahayd in labada dhinacba ay gaadhaan heshiis ay raali ku wadayihiin mustaqbalka.

Wasiir Axmed Macalin Fiqi ayaa shirkii Jabuuti kadib sheegay in shirku uu ku saabsanaa sidii Somaliland iyo Soomaaliya ay markale u midoobi lahaayeen.

Arafaat   

The best way forward is for Somalia and Somaliland to resolve their issues through these talks, incl any coastal areas to be leased. This would be in the interest of all parties, but that one needs to keep a cool head, think rational, being modest, while showcasing empathy to each other. And as agreed staying away from incitement, public statements and emotional outcries.

its not that difficult to do, but perhaps they need a third party mediator to keep everyone in check, as clearly Somali's are unable to discuss and put the difficult issues on the table in discussion and meetings. 

The mediation is a must with out proper international arbitraitors u have nothing  by 2045 we will be going to Djibouti or Anakara

and the results of the talks will be

Qodobada Wadahadalada Somalia iyo Somaliland

Somaliland iyo Somalia oo ku heshiiye inay wada hadlan ina mahad celiyaan madaxweynaha turkiga oo howshan  fuduuyeey

Somaliland iyo Somalia oo ku heshiiye inay iska tageeraan kaluumeysiga iyo kheyraadka badda.

Somaliland iyo Somalia aya isfahan ka gaadhay xasuuqi , siyad bare ka geeystey Somaliland

Somalia iyo somalilannd waxay ku heshiiyeen in muddo sanad ka bacdi guddiyo la magacaabo ka dhisan oo ka hadli doona sida wahadalada meel ka sarayso loo sii gaadhsiyo

Somaliland iyo Somalia  waxay mar walba iska dhowrayaan waxyaalaha wadahaladada dhawaacii kara ama xurguf kicin kara.

sexeex    President Somaliland   Sexeex  Somalia president

Arafaat   

Xaaji, I understand your mistrust of Somalia in the talks. But the issue isn’t just about having international observers, it’s more important that the Somali government needs to see Somaliland as its own predicament, and one needs this sense of responsibility, urgency and prioritisation in order for one to take responsibility and ownership to resolve the political dispute through talks.

And so far this has been lacking, further exacerbated by Somalilands mephahone diplomacy as mode for communication. 

• Like 2

I can see why Muse Biixi gets away with everything, not much of an opposition . I am really hoping Faisal is not the one posting this.

1 hour ago, Arafaat said:

Xaaji, I understand your mistrust of Somalia in the talks. But the issue isn’t just about having international observers, it’s more important that the Somali government needs to see Somaliland as its own predicament, and one needs this sense of responsibility, urgency and prioritisation in order for one to take responsibility and ownership to resolve the political dispute through talks.

And so far this has been lacking, further exacerbated by Somalilands mephahone diplomacy as mode for communication. 

you are talking to a brick wall, the koonfurians think they have the upper hand and view that Somaliland is a gift given to them, there is nothing they view that Somaliland is part of of their predicement.. responsibility is the least the koonfurians are. Once u see that  ,  u will see u should look for other altarnatives