Carafaat

The Somalia-Somaliland talks Thread

The talks  are good but how ever it cant be done any time soon it will take decades and SL have taken a different route , i dont think the SL and Somalia can continue for now. Maybe in a decade or two .  Somalia and Somaliland conflict is deeper then the South Sudan and Sudan conflict deeper then the Eritrea Ethiopia conflict. to make some comparision its the most contreversial issue  i dont think it can be solved any time soon. Talking with Somalia isnt going to go any where any time soon unless we have some clear power in the world that can enforce their will for us to come to agreement and i dont see that happening at least not for now 

Secessionist are extremely delusional, and most can not think independently,  live breath within echo chambers, or group think problem, it will not be solved for long time.

Those guys in Mogadishu hardly understand them 

I honestly believe Shabab issue is much easier to solve 

23 minutes ago, maakhiri1 said:

Secessionist are extremely delusional, and most can not think independently,  live breath within echo chambers, or group think problem, it will not be solved for long time.

Those guys in Mogadishu hardly understand them 

I honestly believe Shabab issue is much easier to solve 

ofcourse alshabaab is easier to solve alshabaab is just a integral walanawyen problem which is grievances against AMISOM and stuff and a bit of a theological issue.

SL is a different country  with different identity diffferent cultural identity different history different struggle SL questions the very state established in 1960  the flag the symbols  the constitution the union everything. You cant reconcile that it cant happen and it will not happen.Ma sheegin in 200years maybe if  people get tired.   now SL has existed longer then the cancerious union existed in those 30 years  SL existed now 33 years the cancerous union existed only 30 years. Soon there will be no one alive that remembers the cancerous union it self  , that day will be important  knowing that  70 percent of the SL population  is under 35.  and all they know is SL.  And i can assure u it a strange thing that they will be ruled from mogadishu a far a way city they have no connection to at alll

Tallaabo   
11 hours ago, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

Soon there will be no one alive that remembers the cancerous union it self  , that day will be important  knowing that  70 percent of the SL population  is under 35.

Acuudubillah, waar maxaad noo xasuuqday. Over 30% of the population including myself were born and remember living in a united country. I can assure you non of us have any desire or plans to die anytime soon for ictiraaf.

Tallaabo   
24 minutes ago, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

Tallaabo have u now offiically endorsed the walanweyn ideology of the cancerous union and u wish to put SL under the bunker 

The only thing I endorse at the moment is the complete and speedy removal of tyrant Bixiye and his corrupt regime. They are far worse than any administration anywhere in the Somali territories. As for the "walawayn ideology ", I believe it should be upto the people of Somaliland to accept it or reject it, and in making their choices they should be free from intimidation and threats by the establishment. 

Arafaat   
3 hours ago, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

Tallaabo have u now offiically endorsed the walanweyn ideology of the cancerous union and u wish to put SL under the bunker 

Xaaji, as usual you are abducting the debate to create this false notion of dialectics of either your version of Somaliland or it’s the bunker. This manipulation of the populous has worked for a while, but I think everyone is now seeing the futility of this narrow ideology. 

I suggest you better listen to those young people from Hargeisa that are very rationally debating that other pathways are possible for Somaliland. For otherwise the alternative migth be that people will resort in blowing up the whole thing, as they have come to belief in the zero-sum black and white thinking you and elites have propagating for decades. 

Arafaat   
16 hours ago, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

The talks  are good but how ever it cant be done any time soon it will take decades and SL have taken a different route , i dont think the SL and Somalia can continue for now. Maybe in a decade or two .  Somalia and Somaliland conflict is deeper then the South Sudan and Sudan conflict deeper then the Eritrea Ethiopia conflict. to make some comparision its the most contreversial issue  i dont think it can be solved any time soon. Talking with Somalia isnt going to go any where any time soon unless we have some clear power in the world that can enforce their will for us to come to agreement and i dont see that happening at least not for now 

Xaaji, who gave you get the authority or audacity to speak on behalf of Somaliland. You can’t speak on behalf of Ardul Somaal and its people. Your sub-clan is only one of the many who live there, you do not have larger population numbers then others, you do not own larger portions of land or livestock then others. 

Surely you are allowed to voice your personal opinion, but It’s not worth any more than Saalax’s, Talaabo’s, Galbeedi’s, Ilyria’s or mine in the total equation of what’s best for the region. For we are all inhabitants and Co-owners of Ardul Somaal(Somaliland) and none of us has been bestowed the Crowns to rule or dominate over others, for we are not like the Gulf Family’s who established family based monarchies over their territories. 

12 hours ago, Tallaabo said:

The only thing I endorse at the moment is the complete and speedy removal of tyrant Bixiye and his corrupt regime. They are far worse than any administration anywhere in the Somali territories. As for the "walawayn ideology ", I believe it should be upto the people of Somaliland to accept it or reject it, and in making their choices they should be free from intimidation and threats by the establishment. 

No because ur ridicled the national cause of SL which is to be a separate nation i could care less about biixi  he can have an hard attack tomorow and his days are numbered any ways the SL people do not like dictatorship how ever what will remain is Somaliland its people its struggle  Somaliland people have rejected it in 1991 via a referendum in 2001.  That ship has sailed there is no discussion about that there is no political party in SL that advocates the unity with the bunker . Nobody is thtreatening anybody people assume that it was the SNM or calan cas or the others that did the declareation of the independence it was the people of SL that forced the SNM to declare independence siilanyo tuur  ibrahim meygag. Non of them wanted it  Even in cigaal kept the window open up untiil 2001. When he prepaired the constitition before that kept the window open as he envisioned that he could have ruled hargeisa and mogadishu together , but the people didnt want it.  ina cigaal was even aksed by the US state department take the UN SOMALI seat  since the walanweyns were having a total melt down and anarchy in walanweynia. But dadki  bu ka baqay . SO the SL cause is a peoples cause it doesnt belong to biixi ina cigaal silaanyo tuur ina rayaale ciiro faisal selebaal gaal ina kahin. it belongs to the people the handfull politicans of SL they would have sold us to the highest bidder  sababtay u sameyn wayeen because shacabka ka baqayaan. Somaliland tageer , u can  piss on ina biixi who cares  leaders of SL come and go  and he shall go like his predecessors went

Somaliland urges its citizens in Mogadishu to evacuate

Friday February 23, 2024

Hargeisa (HOL) - The government of Somaliland has issued a call urging its citizens residing in the Somali capital to leave the city immediately. The plea comes following the recent deaths of prominent figures, including former Somali Member of Parliament Ahmed Adan and aviation expert Abdinasir Muse Dahable.

advertisements

Mohamed Yusuf Ismail, the Director General of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, stated that the recent killing of scholar Abdinasir Muse Dahable resulted from ongoing conflict, characterizing it as an act of hostility against Somaliland nationals and urged Somaliland residents in Mogadishu to flee for their safety.

Ahmed Adan, a respected former MP representing Somaliland's northern regions, was found deceased in a hotel room in Mogadishu's Hamarweyne district on Thursday evening, as reported by Somali authorities. Additionally, Abdinasir Muse Dahable, known for his expertise in aviation, was found dead under suspicious circumstances, sparking a suspected homicide investigation.

The Somali Police have disclosed that a suspect is currently in custody in connection with Adan's death. Furthermore, authorities have arrested nine suspects, including individuals associated with Dahable and residents of the house where his body was discovered.

Arafaat   
12 hours ago, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

There was a qodob in the talks is dhex galka dadka iyo isi socodka dadka  i think that qodob has now also  not be implemented 

Xaaji, Digsi Xagato latest campaign to sow fear, division and ‘kala faquuqin’ is dead on arrival and won’t be able to stop Somali peoples mobility. Even during much worses days have people have been mobile across regions, desperate Digsi Xagato things that this will give them more time in power. 

Somalia implements new communication device for aircraft over Somaliland

Saturday February 24, 2024

FILE PHOTO - Somali air control personnel after in the capital Mogadishu.

Mogadishu (HOL) — Somalia has introduced a new communication device for aircraft flying over Somaliland, replacing the previous system in a bid to enhance air safety amidst escalating tensions.

The move comes as Somalia's airspace faces significant challenges regarding air authority and communication protocols with aircraft.
According to reports by the BBC, the Civil Aviation Organization of Somalia announced changes in communication procedures with aircraft traversing Somaliland due to safety concerns.

advertisements

Ahmed Moalim Hassan, Director of the Somaliland Civil Aviation Authority, confirmed to the BBC that the new device, a satellite phone jointly owned by airlines and the Somali air traffic control office, has been implemented. This device will be used by air traffic controllers in Somalia.

"The new satellite phone system has performed well, alleviating our concerns about air safety. Aircraft operations remain unaffected," Ahmed informed the BBC.

The introduction of this new communication system aims to address the challenges faced by aircraft flying over Somalia, enhancing efficiency and safety measures.

Meanwhile, Somalia clarified that the satellite phone communication system is solely employed for flights within Somaliland's airspace. The country mentioned it operates three communication systems for aircraft: VHF, satellite phone, and an internet-based device for message exchange. The VHF radio has been removed from service.

In response to these developments, Omar Sayed Abdilahi, General Manager of the Aviation and Airports Authority of the self-proclaimed Republic of Somaliland, emphasized Somaliland's autonomy in managing aircraft operations within its airspace.

"We are solely responsible for aircraft operations in Somaliland and have no affiliation with Somalia," Omar told the BBC.
However, Omar accused Mogadishu of persistently disrupting Somaliland's airspace, calling for a resolution to the matter.
In a similar vein, Ahmed Macallin accused Hargeisa of interfering with aircraft communication while airborne.

The implementation of this new communication device marks a significant step in addressing air safety concerns over Somaliland's airspace amidst ongoing tensions in the region.

Since the federal government of Somalia assumed control of the country's airspace in late 2017, this development signifies the first significant change in communication protocols amidst regional tensions in the Horn of Africa.

The tensions escalated following an agreement between Ethiopia and Somaliland, granting Ethiopia a 20 km coastal area to construct a naval base. Somalia opposes the deal, leading to ongoing tensions between the involved parties.