Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

Brother Nur as a moderator.

Baashi   

I commend the SOL adminstration for acknowledging brother Nur's contribution to this section by appointing him as one of the moderators of the section. He is overquilified smile.gif . I for one thank the admin. for their good judgment for making this call. Good for you guys!

Nur, now you have editorial capacity to advance the dacwa, we are counting on your knowledge, your dedication, your level-headedness, your time, your soft-waano (in style) and Nurtel, e-Nuri archives as well as the moderating part in all of this...quite a challenge!

Nomads Insha'Allah will ask questions and clarifications. We (if I can speak for the nomads who appreciate what you do) will give you all the feedback you deserve.

Congrats nomads.

NGONGE   

A well-deserved “burdenâ€, saaxib; I’m not sure if I should congratulate you or commiserate with you. Still, I can’t think of a better man for the job. May Allah sustain your good judgment and virtuous intentions. :D

Blessed   

I agree! This section needed a knowledgeable moderator.

Nur,

I hope that you continue to share your knowledge with us. I for one has benefited a great deal from your posts. Jizaak Allah smile.gif

Saalixa   

Mansha Allah

Its about time anu kuuslha sudhno Nur five stars walaahi Bravo

I hope though we get more ppl active in the islamic section. I remember the time no one would be interested in the topics posted in this section until Nur came and sister latifah where ever she ended up...and now it is full i have to look at so many new posts if i miss a day. Ilove it this site of sol makes you feel safe and warm.

And it is all thanx to NUR

Jazaka Alaah Kulu Khairan jidka toosan Ilahay hana tawafijiyo

Amiin.

Raxmah   

Asalamu alaikum

It's long over do, mashallah there isn't a better person to moderate this section.

Good luck walaal.

Nur   

Assalamu Alaykum Sisters and Brothers in Islam

I just came back from a two week absence from the web, to say that I was surprised would be an understatment, it is nothing that I've envisioned or hoped for, but life throws challenges to those least expecting it.

My philosophy in life has been to live below my point of breakdown, or as engineers call it tolerance limit, after which we all breakdown due to the sheer stress of the job at hand. The more that I have lowered my limit of self assesment and acted accordingly, the higher Nomads have elevated me, what scares me is that, I may be pushed to my highest point of failure if i am not careful! isnt that the way many people before us have met their fate?

I am indeed honored to be nominated to become a moderator on this forum, I thank all of you who have wished me well, and further, I pray that Allah sees me in a similar way, as his assessment of my deeds is whatt counts when push comes to shove in the day of judgment. After viewing the lineup of moderator names on SOL forum, I should I say, it is one of the best collection of Somali brothers and siters, If only they would exclude me.

Trust, Amaanah, was offered to the mountains, the earth and the heavens, they all declined, poor mankind, assumed it, mankind was indeed unjust to himself by accepting more than his fare share of load, due to his ignorance to the requirements of the responsibility and the dangerous impact of his negligence.

In conclusion, this is an occasion of mixed feelings for me, on one hand, i can count on your prayers, which is the greatest motivator for me, on the other hand, playing the bad cop, is not an easy job as i do not enjoy judging others and their thoughts, i always judge mine and always work on improving it, and then in a friendly way, share my successes stories as the best way that i can influence others to do likewise, in essence, Dawa leadership thorugh example and action, not mere words.

Nur

Your approach to responsibility is no different than those of the Saxaabah. Masha allah, always do that brother, and never walk for the quest of authority upon anyone. Since I haven't read your posts, I think I can derive some good qualities from your above remarks. May Allah increase your capacity for taqwa and wisdom. And hopefuly Allah (sw) will make this responsibility easy for you, insha-allah.