Sign in to follow this  
OdaySomali

How HOA conflict is linked to the wider Zionist-ME conflict.

http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Main/Player.aspx?meetingId=5607&st=11:00:00

The 'Ethiopian'/Zionist lobby will detail to you his 'arguments'. You will lectured on how, supposedly, the 'evil' Iran has a hand in the HOA conflcit. You will be told that Ethiopia is the beacon of peace, hope, development, democracy and all things good, in the HOA region. (For obvious reasons, conveniently leaving out that it is an autocratic state, is actively conducting genocide, the 'PM' has been in power for 20+ years etc).The boogieman of 'Islamic' 'extremists' and the impeding threads will be waved in your face and it will be stressed to you that the destabilisation of Ethiopia can never be allowed to happen. All in all, ts quite telling how the 'Ethiopian' lobby and Zionist lobby fit snugly into eachother and as you watch the debate, you will sense from the 'Ethiopian' lobby, quite blatantly, the undertones of [arguments often used by] the pro-Zionist lobby.

Quite an interesting debate and it wonderfully exposes how the HOA conflict is linked to the wider Zionist-ME conflict. Bear in mind that strengthging and empowering downstream Nile countries, principally 'Ethiopia', provide for excellent political/economic leverage over Egypt, [potentially] the largest Arab power and as such, the Pro-Isaeli lobby has a significant vested interest in 'Ethiopia'.

Needless to say how Somalis (and some other groups) in the HOA region are hence negatively impacted by the empowerment of Ethiopian regimes. Of-course we have compounded any external difficulties and issues we face, by (a) our inability to overcome our petty internal issues, mainly based on qabyaalad and (b) a weak and incapable elite. The western countries, Israel and the Zionist lobby have a special place for Ethiopia, no doubt. It is in their strategic interest to empower, support and protect 'Ethiopia'.

However having said the above, it would be wrong to assume that we are powerless to counter the view that presents a mutually beneficial relationship between 'Ethiopia' and the 'West', as mutually exclusive with any such a relationship between the 'West' and 'Somalis'. Let's just for the purpose of the argument I shall present here, think of the situation as a 'triangle'; the triangle being [somalis | West | Ethiopia]. We have to rememer that, the West holds the largest bargaining power in this triangle; and should they so perceive for it to be in their interests, they are able and potentially willing to concurrently engage the Somalis and the Habasha. However, because both the Somalis, and to a similar thought lesser extent the Habasha regime, are on the periphery and in any case many, many times removed from the factors which fundamentally affect the interests of the 'West', there is the neccesity to convince and persuede the 'West' that they have an interest in engaging the Somalis.

Somalis have several assets and points of leverage. One of those assets, is that we inhabit a very strategic piece of real-estate in the world. And although our strategic location is not unique in either the facilities it can offer or what it can facilitate, it has the potential to be strategic because of the [potentially] low costs and risks of utulising it, compared to its substitutes/competitors. Another asset we could leverage would be the natural resources of the land we inhabit such as potential mineral resoruces and actual marine resoruces. However, there is a very wide gap between the actual political/economic 'output' we realuse from this asset, and the potential 'output' - there is a huge disparity between the assets we have and the extent to which we utulise them. This is mainly a reflection of the weak state of our internal affairs and the weak planning and strategising capacity of the Somali [socio-political-economic] elite. Also, the instability and lack of economic development in our lands, means there is both high risk and cost associated with utilising our assets. We need to be more internally focussed and our elite needs to 're-invent' itself and restrategise. The elite, of which funnily enough you SOL members are part, needs to focus on pacifying, uniting and creating the right conditions (to enable us to utilise our assets) in the Somali lands that are already regarded as sovereign and independent (Somalia, Djibouti), whilst look at the bigger picture and playing the 'long game'.

What the Habash elite has done, as one ought to do to your competitor, is (a) disable the assets we could have leveraged, (b) contributed towards destabilising and the vilifying the competitor and lastly © then presented a persuasive argument to the 'West' (or any give world power) of the interest and benefit it has in engaging them. What we need to do it protect, invest in and enable our points of leverage, whilst disabling the value of the assets and points of leverage of the oppossition (if you want details of how and what, PM me).

That is enough for now, but I am hoping you got the jist of my argument. Do give feedback. I am aware that it is quite an externally focused interpretatin of events and that a lot of emphasis has been placed on external powers such as the 'west, Ethiopia etc. I acknnowledge that our weakness is internal. However, I also want to emphasise two things:

1.) What the world has been told is an ongoing 'Somali' civil war/internal conflict, and all about islamic fundamentalism, is in reality a regional if not international one about the right to self-determination of the Somali people.

2.) Though we have, no doubt, huge internal cracks to fix, we do not live in a vacuum (regionally or internationally).

3.) I want to make clear we have no beef and ought not to have one with the 'West' or 'Zionists'. We need to focus on changing the conditions of the Somali people before we worry about anything like the Palastinians or other Arabs. If this means working with the 'West'/Zionists then why not, as the Arabs/Muslims countries do; I say one step at a time ( ;) ) Waa inaynu inagu is xoreyno intaynaan wax kaleba isku dayin, oo aynu dabeedtana hadhoow uun xidhiidhka la adkeyno wadanada kale ee aynu jaarka iyo isku diinta nahay. Waxa la dhehaa, adigu is caawi intaadan is odhan qof kale wax u qabo.

Mario B   

Mark Pritchard finger pointing of Iran was quite telling, he definitely represents Israel's amen corner in the UK parliament. :D

We need to bin the Somaliweyne idea, we need to save our current borders [Ras Kamboni-Loya Ado] if we are to survive as human species.

Mario B;815021 wrote:
We need to bin the Somaliweyne idea, we need to save our current borders [Ras Kamboni-Loya Ado] if we are to survive as human species.

Yes there need to be priorities. And the priority ought to be "on pacifying, uniting and creating the right conditions (to enable us to utilise our assets) in the Somali lands that are already regarded as sovereign and independent (Somalia, Djibouti)".

Qaranki   

Rather than "bin the Somaliweyn idea" why not reinvent it?

Will the idea of Somaliweyn forever be hijacked by the "Somalia ma la goynkaro" despite the past 20-30 years and the disaster that is the dual-track policy by the US showing Somalis can't just get along.

As for the video, the conservative MP is the typical western hawk spouting rubbish about the threat about the islamist threat, I felt Jeremy Corbyn (guy wearing the red suit) laid out the facts and origins of the problem in the horn of africa.

Mario B   

When we are strong, we can then invest and uplift the Somali regions of Kenya and Ethiopia, we could give them access to the sea, markets and our financial institutions. Through infrastractures [ roads, rail, airports] we could then connect all our people into one strong constituency. We should forget military solutions, we need to have a peacefull raise like China.:D

Mario B   

Will the idea of Somaliweyn forever be hijacked by the "Somalia ma la goynkaro" despite the past 20-30 years and the disaster that is the dual-track policy by the US showing Somalis can't just get along.- Qaranki.

------

Sorry, but you are not going to put a non-existant border in my region of Sool, I totally reject the idea of one somali clan constituting a border in another somali clan's land. It wont work, I say it's a futile exercise. Forget it.

Qaranki   

^The Sool issue is what provides the greatest evidence to my belief that Somaliweyn needs to be reinvented. When Somalis that are deemed to be the closest, through marriage, culture, dialect etc are the ones where the greatest enmity exists, to then argue that all Somalis will be brought together and everything will be rosy is just fantasy.

In the case of Somaliland, by forcing the idea of SL on those who don't want it, they are only repeating the failure of Somalia. However when protest that Somaliland has no right over a a group of people who don't want it, why do some believe Mogadishu has right over Somaliland? Isn't this hypocrisy.?

Mario B   

There is no hypocrisy here, Somalia has sovereignty over all her terrorities, which belongs to all Somalis and your Beesha is just one of many, so what is your beef against Mogadishu?. Your secessionist wet dreams are just clan hubris and everybody knows that, also most of the Somali problems are manufactured, with a little of maturity they could easily be solved.

^

:D:D:D However when protest that Somaliland has no right over a a group of people who don't want it, why do some believe Mogadishu has right over Somaliland? Isn't this hypocrisy

Mario B   

burahadeer

:D:D:D However when protest that Somaliland has no right over a a group of people who don't want it, why do some believe Mogadishu has right over Somaliland? Isn't this hypocrisy- -Qaranki

"In the case of Somaliland, by forcing the idea of SL on those who don't want it, they are only repeating the failure of Somalia"- Qaranki

the truth is the west does not care about who you are as long as you are an ally. and the Ethiopians simply presented their case better than us.becoming ally with America and by default its son Israel simply means it gets us from point A to point B. turkey is ally with both US EU and Israel in fact isrealis train in their air space and america has nukes there. Somalis always put Arabs before themselves. like you said we shouldn't get into Palestine issues. as much as we would like to we cant. our motto should be "trying to survive"

for the idea of somaliweyn we don't have the resources and the times are different. i would suggest building Somalia which in return strengthens our lost lands (nfd,ws) and there we can have major influence on the politics and economics of our neighbors. when Somalia was peaceful presidents from our neighbors used to hold Somali passports and used Somalia as a base. we can rule the horn if we want to.

Somalia   

Mario B;815037 wrote:
When we are strong, we can then invest and uplift the Somali regions of Kenya and Ethiopia, we could give them access to the sea, markets and our financial institutions. Through infrastractures [ roads, rail, airports] we could then connect all our people into one strong constituency. We should forget military solutions, we need to have a peacefull raise like China.
:D

Ding ding ding ding ding ding waa wareey, he's thinking big. :)

advocating taking lost land back is simply pure madness & has no clue of geo-political reality in this world.Rather emphasize how you can incorporate the whole region together both politically & economically,that way lasting peace & grandiose development can be achieved.Whether you wana be friends with america or any otha country is entirely upon you..you dictate who to talk to but there's a price to pay for being rediculosly dogmatic about religion.

It's the leader who sets the agenda & carries the whole state to greatness or kick off the cliff.

you either have Moa or hitler.......