Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Somaliland: Cigaal international airport gets massive uprgrade+PICTURES

Somalia   

The Sage;813593 wrote:
Oday is a hater in the purest form, if it were not the machines he would have said he didn't like the colour of paint on the walls
:D

Egal International is still the most advanced airport in the Somali peninsula

smiley-laughing013.gif

Somalia   

Fix your roads before you step to airports, bumpy from Burco to Hargeisa...

Kulahaa Somali peninsula :rolleyes:

Carafaat;813562 wrote:
Oday, I have been visitng the country on regular basis since 2000 and one thing that improved considerebly are the Airports. I have made used of Hargeysa, Burco, Berbera, Erigavo and Bosasso Airports. And all of these airports management has improved considering that most local staff and management(except for this current Minister) cant travel to other Airports and dont have much reference like you and me can, nor benchmark.

Firstly, the only operational airports from those you have listed are Hargeisa, Berbera and Boosaaso. Burco, Boorama and Erigavo don't have airports. As Burco city has grown, people have built houses on what was originally the landing strip, so I very much doubt you have landed there in the past few years. Erigavo is another story altogether.

Secondly, as I pointed out, it not about having large resources or state of the art facilities, it is about making the most effective use of what you have. I dont think this is being done at all. The dissappointing thing is that most people are either happy with the status quo or have very low expectations and ambitions.

Thirdly, the role of the ministers is to lead, organise and plan. He doesnt seem to be doing anything. If he is not competent at what he is doing, he should vacate the seat for someone who has drive, motivation and vision.

I just love the haters ,,, you can easily manipulate them and give them headaches without moving a finger ,, :D

Kudos to the Aviation Minister .... this is just the beginning.

NGONGE   

Last year there was no machine. This year there is machine. It's a progress of sorts. But Oday wants it to look like Heathrow! :D

N.O.R.F   

There have been improvements at HGA and BBO. The minister is doing his best under the circumstances. More to come IA ;)

Carafaat   

Oday dhaqan celis or reborn Somali :D, I have made use of all those airports or strips I have listed. Adeer first I used Hargeysa airport I paid as much to laaluush as for the Visa, nowadays the visa is sufficient. In the past all dhaqan celis had to stay at the VIP, nowadays even former politicians from UDUB can't make use of it. :D

So things improved waryaa.

berbera has improved & is one of the longest airstrips in africa.They were doing last finishing touches like air condition when i was there 5yrs ago.Are people fond of negative stuff!

Carafaat, :D :D LOL I will need to check out this said VIP area.

NGONGE;813763 wrote:
Last year there was no machine. This year there is machine. It's a progress of sorts.
But Oday wants it to look like Heathrow!
:D

Even better than Heathrow inshallah, and better managed too :D

burahadeer;813839 wrote:
berbera has improved & is one of the longest airstrips in africa.They were doing last finishing touches like air condition when i was there 5yrs ago.Are people fond of negative stuff!

LOL @ "air-conditioning" :) Berbera is the best managed and it resembles most what an airport ought to be like. It still has a long way to go. For starters the doors don't even close properly. Then there is the airport duty-free "shop"/"cafe".

Berbera could do much better too. There is just lack of leadership and bad management.

RedSea   

this is good news. Anything to ease the experience is most welcome. I'm sure Oday himself would appreciate if his luggage is checked in little faster and safer too.:D

Chimera   

^He's spot on because he's internationally minded, while those that call him 'hater' can't see beyond their little tuulo, which is why they will comically call their airport ''the most advanced in the Somali peninsula'' but never beyond. You see, that's the problem with the Somali mentality of today, we have low-standards and only seem to compete with ourselves instead of trying to shine on the international stage, like in the past. Here in Britain they are about to build a brand new state-of-the-art airport, and the whole reason for that project is so Britain stays ahead of the Netherlands, France and Germany. You see, the British mentality is internationally minded, and their standards are high!

Oday's wishes certainly aren't beyond our capability.

Qaranki   

When your entire govt budget is around 150 million dollars, talking about building airports to match Heathrow is just laughable.

I only agree that stuff like this should be publicised.