Sign in to follow this  
Shinbir Majabe

Galmudug oo gabar siisay Shiikh Shariif VIDEO

Blessed   

^Perhaps, it's still an ugly dhaqan. Perhaps, I'm just a tad bit 'wetsernised' but the idea of offering women to make deals or peace when they often have no hand in these disputes disgusts me personally.

Malika   

^ It should disgust any human being, girls arent objects - so why offer them as gifts...uurrgghh. Indeed an ugly dhaqan.

BOB   

Anagana wax hal xataa hoo ku dhimo na yiraahdo ayaan la'nahay kuwa halkanna mid labo heysta bay tu sadeexaad ugu darayaan, see this is exactly waxay Soomaalidu isku leysay. eish hada?

Peace, Love & Unity.

NGONGE   

Malika;810980 wrote:
Blessing -soo tii reeruhu ii sii siin jiireen gabdho after a war or a dispute - thats my understanding of the 'dhaqan' - just this gesture seems to be interpreted as such to me or could be as Aabwaan suggests - a welcoming gift..Lol [Nevertheless, a girl/woman isnt an object laa iska sinayoo nin martii kuu ah...uff.]

That's between two clans or families. It's fair enough and, as Abwaan says, this is a Somali tradition, etc.

However, Sheikh Sharif is supposed to be the president of a nation. There has been all the fuss about the Garowe one & two deals and all the (supposedly) progressive deals that came out from that. The concepts applied are all modern and the assistance of the International Community were sought (or was it forced) along those lines.

Sharif may not upset tradition but tradition will upset Sharif. He is not sure that he'll keep the job after August and, I assume, that all his recent energy(qutie impressive it is too) is as a result of attempting to secure his position byoned August. In that regard, appeasing Somalis should not be his aim but rather appeasing the IC. How could he do so when he's appearing to demean women by accepting them as gifts?

A big, fat own goal if I ever saw one.

p.s.

Reminds me of an aged reletive of mine who once told me "gabadh baan ku haya". My Somali was much worse than it is today and in my haste to politely ask her to "keep her for me", I shouted back "Hayso". I can still hear her habaar....:D

Juxa   

he should simply say BES WAAYE!

seriously it is disgusting to give women away just like that, unless of course she consents and wants to be part of the group.

Sida aan maqlay waagii Maxkamadaha, Shiikh Shariif oo ahaa Gudoomiyaha Golaha Fulinta wuxuu guursaday gabar qabaa'ilka "Others" ka kasoo jeedo, asigoo uga dan leh inuu dhiiri geliyo is-dhaxgalka bulshada iyo in qabaa'ilka la dulmday lagu soo dhaweeyo... (waagii danbana 2006 dii dhamaadkeedii markii Maxkamadihi burbureen ayuu gabadhi u celiyay reerkeedii). Arintaas ayaan u malaynayaa iney tani daba joogto, oo waxaan is dhahay haddii uu Madaxweyne ahaan lahaa qof kale (Cabdiwali Gaas oo kale) laguma soo qaadeen "gabadh baan ku siineynaa".

Taleexi   

Madaxweynuhu ku dayasho buu mudan yahay. Hablaha halkan ku jirana waxaan leeyahay, the wish of the third first lady needs to be respected.

Did the potential first "third" lady say Yes? If so, waxaa naga mudan(Shacabka Somaleed) inaan u hambalyeyno arooska iyo aroosada.

I will hold my congratulations till i hear that the girl has accepted.

Ps. This dhaqan is as old as the Somalis...and its not a strange odd culture adapted from some other place...who knows, some of the nomads here could be the off springs of this.

Juxa   

I object the idea qof nool labaxsho without consent period

Some odayoo truly need dhirbaaxsho. But to be fair dumar raali ka ah baa jira iyo dumar dantu ku qasabtay

^^ Juxa, lacalla gabadhaada (haddii aad meeleysantahay) ma siisan lahayn miyaa Madaxweyne Soomaaliyeed?

Gabadha la siiyay (haddii ay reer Galkacyo tahay) waxay isu heysataa iney nasiib leedahay! koleey Aabaheed wuu bixin lahaa.. (Shariif soo geeljire ama ciyaal-baagamuundo uma dhaamo).

Somalina   

Shinbir Majabe;811078 wrote:
^^
:D
:D Soo dhawaaw!

Soo daa waxaad heyso..

Sheeko tan ayaa la dhahaa.

Chad’s President Idriss Deby’s marries Sudan’s Janjaweed militia leaders daughter for $26-million dowry

ebd5d_Debby_Wedding1a-a982a.jpg

Juxa   

Shinbir gabadhayda will have the ability to become madaxweyne herself. She won't need the association of marriage unless iyadu ey choose gareyso