Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

Debate on Somaliland-Somalia talks

Carafaat   

http://hadhwanaag.com/detail.aspx?id=62027

Damn these small minded North Americans-Somali's. The media should ignore and silence these Canadian-American crazy Somali's. They are the enemy of compromise, consciousness and clarity. And want Somalia to stay in these rumble.

I hope they never return and become Cali besteen tribe of America.

NGONGE   

^^ Those Ottawa Somalilanders are too noisey, man. I bet they're the same group that sent that letter of support to the SL army when the Buhoodle thing started earlier in the year. Someone needs to remind them that the country has its own elected government and that qurbajoog should mind their own business here. :D

Carafaat   

Qandalawi, listen to the ones from Somalia opposing the talks because they argue that Somaliland is already part of the TFG. Clannist minded folks without any sense for reality. Cajiib.

There was a time when Somaliland was in a better position to make more favorable demands. Somalia would have accepted almost any demand as long as it did not lead to a complete secession. What's there to talk about now since Muse has disadvantaged Somaliland?

Yes, there needs a genuine reconciliation and political settlement, but Muse is not the man to do it.

Arafaat   

I don’t think one can really discuss the future status and relationship between Somaliland and Somalia without Somaliland and SSC-Khaatuma first having a common ground. 

From Mogadishu’s standpoint, it’s in their interest to be dealing with a united north rather than a fractured Somaliland consisting of 2 or more states or political entities, that would further complicate the existing federal dynamics and politics in Mogadishu, and would leave the Northern regions in a much weaker position. And Somalilands interest would be best served if it presented a united Somaliland representing all the regions and groups. 

So from that point of view and thinking, the only issue they ought to be discussing is for Somaliland to pursue a peaceful course, dialogue for a political settlement with SSC in order to unite and stabilise the region. And for HSM to support that discourse and for Muse to refrain from any harmful actions. 

I might be wrong but I don’t see much else that is worthwhile of discussing?