Sign in to follow this  
kingofkings

Jigjiga

It is very sad how underdeveloped, compared to the other major cities in Ethiopia, this city is. The ethiopian 'government' intentionally and deliberately ignores this region and does nothing for it - it uses the tax money from the Somali region to invest in Addis, Tigray, Amhara. But what do you expect from a city under occupation. I will post some pics.

^This city looks fine for the standard of an African city that's not the Capital. Again, blaming the Ethiopian government for not building this city is not the right way or approach here.

Qandalawi;809808 wrote:
^This city looks fine for the standard of an African city that's not the Capital. Again, blaming the Ethiopian government for not building this city is not the right way or approach here.

This is the capital of the Somali region. The Ethiopian government takes tax from the entire Somali region and puts nothing back into it - not that we expect that but heck they claim to be the [federal] 'government' of the region/people.

Oday somali for Somali standard it looks pretty good we all know the city is not free and doesn't get enough development money from the Ethiopian government in Addis.

The Zack   

I like what Oday is saying. Oday, keep them coming bro, compare it to Mekelle, Nazret and Bahir Dar. Educate the ignorant!

M'kele city

mak1fh5.jpg

144222803_e705f2ec91_o.jpg

july25mekele025tplfmn2.jpg

M'kele city centre

mekele1.jpg

IMG_0911.jpg

In M'kele city, the few streets that arn't paved, are cobblestoned

P1100904.JPG

One of the colleges in M'kele

zl2b0n.jpg

2808527914_f518e8734b_b.jpg

4617779993_1649944465_b.jpg

014_Mekele.jpg

Carafaat   

Oday, Zack, i have visited all those regions years ago. And the people there dont have any armed opposition against the regime. They make a fist together in Addis to get their share. But Somali regions only started doing that the last couple of years. And that is when development actually started.

Carafaat;809846 wrote:
Oday, Zack, i have visited all those regions years ago. And the people there dont have any armed opposition against the regime. They make a fist together in Addis to get their share. But Somali regions only started doing that the last couple of years. And that is when development actually started.

I dont even have the energy today to reply to people like you.