Sign in to follow this  
oba hiloowlow

Im back

Lol@Taleexi :D thanks sxb !

Blue i dont know exactly what hooba hiloowlow means weydii Malaaq MMA laakin i know hiloowlow means qof loo hiloobay (a missed person) :) Thanks for the welcoming :)

Bluelicious;807773 wrote:
Welcome back oba hilooowlow. What does your name mean?

The brother got it from this famous song originally sung by Sulfa. But in this case by Sheegoow Band.

And here is a more newer version by Khaalid.

Hoobaa hilowloow, hoobaa hilowloow

Bogga iyo beerka i duleelaa

What it means? The literal meaning of 'hilowloow' the brother sharxay. However, spirits ayaa loo qaadoyaa heestaan. Hoobaloow too was one of the old spirits in Soomaalida aaminsanaan jireen in pre-Islamic as well, though not many people know it nowadays.

Here is in a traditional way.

I remember while I was in Nayroobi last year, I was listening to this song when islaantoo wadaad ahayd oo guriga joogtay maqashay. She forgot she was a wadaad for a moment and kept singing because waayo waayo soo xasuusatay. She knew all the words regardless of not hearing it more than two decades. I guess it is the very spirit of the song. It used to be a very catchy, popular song.

Hoobaa Hilowloow, soo gudub, xaaji. Warka keen. Intaa maqnayd mataankaa Awcambuulo ayaa meesha sii camiraaye.

Mahadsanid Cambuulo iyo bun lol magac fiicanaa hehe :)

Maadeey abu Shabaab cayaartaa xey tahay bisinkee?

MMA waa so mooday, waa laguu raayaa adiga see tahay? lol mataan aa waa gartay

Malika   

Oba - welcome back brother.

Haye - waa sidhaa ee tirii Somalina 'warka soo daa' - tell us how was Xamar aka Mogadishu - bal throw us a line of hope..lol

Juxa   

Yaaqshiid intee ka tagtay? Jidka 30kaa? Mise ceel tuba weyne? Mise suuq bacaad? Mise fagax? Mise laf-weyn iyo dhanka garguurte?

Keydka sawiradase wax maku soo biirisey?

Welcome back by the way

oba hiloowlow;807775 wrote:
Lol@Taleexi
:D
thanks sxb !

Blue i dont know exactly what hooba hiloowlow means weydii Malaaq MMA laakin i know hiloowlow means qof loo hiloobay (a missed person)
:)
Thanks for the welcoming
:)

You welcome nice to meet you, now we are no strangers no more lol and thanks for the explanation :)

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;807831 wrote:
The brother got it from this famous song originally sung by Sulfa. But in this case by Sheegoow Band.

And here is a more newer version by Khaalid.

Hoobaa hilowloow, hoobaa hilowloow

Bogga iyo beerka i duleelaa

What it means? The literal meaning of 'hilowloow' the brother sharxay. However, spirits ayaa loo qaadoyaa heestaan. Hoobaloow too was one of the old spirits in Soomaalida aaminsanaan jireen in pre-Islamic as well, though not many people know it nowadays.

Here is in a traditional way.

I remember while I was in Nayroobi last year, I was listening to this song when islaantoo wadaad ahayd oo guriga joogtay maqashay. She forgot she was a wadaad for a moment and kept singing because waayo waayo soo xasuusatay. She knew all the words regardless of not hearing it more than two decades. I guess it is the very spirit of the song. It used to be a very catchy, popular song.

Hoobaa Hilowloow, soo gudub, xaaji. Warka keen. Intaa maqnayd mataankaa Awcambuulo ayaa meesha sii camiraaye.

I can relate to that once you know a song it will always be stuck in your head even after like 10 years you can still sing the lyrics as if you learned and heared the song today. Thank you very much for the detailed explanation. Because of you and some other lovely members but specially from you I have learned alot in a very short period of time. Ever thought of being a teacher in Somali :D