Sign in to follow this  
nuune

Alaabtaan ka warrama

Speaking of miyiga MMA n Nuune....Have you ever taken someone from Goloboda north to Sab where cumbuulo is served in the morning instead of beer iyo rooti?

Maaddeey   

MMA, Ilyar waaye, waa saxday. Macallinka dugsiga foolkiisa dhan madow suu bun lee u marsanaayey!. Bunka ninka ugu sheekhsan aa jebinaayo markaas ka bacdi lee dadka kale billaabi karaan. Cambuulada markii dugsilayda jallaad dhameeyaan la bixiyo waxaan dhihi jirnay dharax!.

Nunne that looks like diger!! am i right? I mess it i am hungry now hmm. My wife is from north so she tells me that she dont know how to cook it. I think she dont like it. She likes to eat white bariis with ciir!! yack.

So my question is, how do u cook it w/o saliid macsaro? I am making shrimp tonite & shes eating her white rice!! shyte.

Aaliyyah   

never seen a digir that looks like that ...and rudy lool@ your wife is from the north n she doesnt know how to cook it..people from north know how to cook digir ...(i dont eat digir but whats so hard about making it is beyond me) ..Anyways I dislike digir..or sareen or borash or any of those stuff! but i eat them at times and tolerate it.

looool@ shes eating her white rice...whats ciir? cano dhanaan?? and that doesn't taste half bad! but you make it sound like she eats that every night LOL..i dnt like digir but she should try somein else mayna aheen digir kama daraso hal habeen lol..

salaam

p.s who said you have to add saliid macsaro to your digir if you dont want to - you can add salid macsaro ama subag once its ready!

Aaliyyah   

Rudy check this out i found this online (wen i cook cambuulo i usually dont actually my mom does but when i do im usually cooking for like over 10 people lol so my qiyaas is completely off and sometimes i kinda go with my guts here and there adding water if i think its still hard)....bt i found this online..its serving of four..so hope that helps and if ur cooking for just two people adjust the recipe a little..

Makes 4 servings

Cambuulo Recipe

Ingredients

1/2 cup adzuki bean

2 cups water

1/4 cup soy milk

1 tablespoon margarine

1/8 teaspoon nutmeg

1 teaspoon sugar

Directions

Soak beans overnight with enough water to cover an inch or 2 over the beans.

Drain beans and add 2 cups of water and beans to a large saucepan.

Bring to a boil then turn down to low heat. Simmer on low for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.

After the 25 minutes, the water should be absorbed. Add butter and cream.

Stir well and keep on low. Cook 10 more minutes, stirring often.

In the last 2 minutes, stir in nutmeg and sugar then serve.

between i dnt soak anything overnight. But, hey its worth a try!

So...when i got to the support market...what shall tell the workers that i am looking for. Remember, in la there is all kinds of beans mainly mexican stuff.

Can u tell me whats is the name of this type of beans!! I am usually a bigmac eater, i dont go grocery shopping or as i called it gross shopping.

btw: i am not a big fan of rice or pasto or kidneys or beer ( liver) eater...i usually like cooking steaks, fish, chicken on my gril.

Aaliyaah: congrats babe...u seem to be mastering how to win faraax hearts! u know how its...best way to a faraax's heart is through his stomach! dont forget that!! its working on me!! now all your previous uufs r wiped of my heart!!lol

Maaddeey   

Che, loool.

Mid meelahaas ka yimid aa Kaaraan zab eh tegay, quraan akhris kadib cambuulo, bun iyo shaah aa la keenay, sxb-kaa sey tahay uu uga dhergay asoo u maleeyo iney wax dhimaneyn!, mid local eh aa dhahay: 'Arreey, halkaan waa ajaran yahee day! :D

BOB   

Bunka dhadhankiisa aad aan u necbahay teeda kale waxaa naloogu sheekeen jiray in maskax madoobaad laga qaado hadaa cunto marka ma cuni jirin oo waxaan ka cabsan jiray inaan maskax madoobaad qaado. :D :D :D Nuune iyo Che reero madax shub aa eheedeen aan u maleeyaa...:D:D:D

Aaliyah, digirta hablaha uma fiicna ee iska ilaali oo ha u dhowaan waa hadaad talo iga rabto. :D

Peace, Love & Unity.

nuune   

^^ Sababta aysan ugu fiicneen digirta dumarku waa maxey, shouldn't the effect be the same for both men and women, that is if we are talking biology hehe

Rudy, right, that is digir and bariis, in the BIG saxan, the cooking is very simple, you don't need long steps, only two steps in my case and you are done, here it is:

1- Digsi biya ku shub oo dabka saar, ha kululaadaan biyaha si saa'id ah, ku shub digirta qiyaasta adaa yaqaano but koobka shaaha halfkiisa ka dhig qiyaasta and let it stay there in the digsi until it is half way biseel, biyaha u badi since digirta ay biya badan faquuqsato sidii waraaba dadoow, kistoo cusbo oogu dadaal

2- Digirta markey half bislaatey, waxaad ku dartaa bariis, qiyaasta is less than half of koobka shaaha, in that case you are maintaining a healthy balance of digir and bariis, inuu midkood bato lama rabo, real balance, wait until biyaha ka guraan and that is it, you are done.

Now saxan ku guro, you and the wifey wey idin ku filantahey cashada, the dish size is for two people, wixii soo harana eyga sii, sonkor diyaarso, and macsaro, aniga normally waxaan ku darsadaa shan qaado oo sonkor ah full spoon, and macsarana waan ugu qubeeyaa si maxaa kaa galey ah.

Sokorta and macsarada is what makes digirta iyo bariiska stand out from the rest of Somali dishes, real superb.

Aaliyyah   

^heedhe im impressed with your recipe laakin its somali style...qiyaas ayaa hada dadku jecelyihiin marka biyaha ku shub ma shaqeenaso tell him how much water lol..somehow our brain for the most part need exact recipe..sometimes anaaba ku wareera digirta saan marnaba uleeyahay wali diyaar ma aha it needs a bit more water loool..

Rudy check this link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azuki_bean

and between isnt there somali stores there? if not try east african stores..

and lool @your last comment..

Bob sababta ii sheeg? so I can give that excuse the next time im told to eat digir LOL. Thanks.

salaam

nuune   

Aaliyah, yes Somali style, cuz digir and bariis is so Somali, right, if you try to use a recipe or steps and scales, then you are really killing the digir and bariis, that is not the way, and that digir and bariis is doomed to fail, maskaxdu qiyaas socoto weeye

BOB   

nuune;803812 wrote:
^^ Sababta aysan ugu fiicneen digirta dumarku waa maxey, shouldn't the effect be the same for both men and women, that is if we are talking biology hehe

Bilcaanta Xishood ayee leedahay laakiin ragga waa wax bakhtiyay oo aan waxba isku falin oo meel walbuu isku habeenaa hadhoowna wuu is dabaalinaa oo wuxuu iska dhigaa nin miinada aan waxba ka ogeyn THAT'S WHY women should not go anywhere near beans unless she's planning to remain indoors through out the day while her stomach is busy digesting it. Fahamtu Cali Niikiyow? :D

Peace, Love & Unity.

Aaliyyah   

Nuune lool that is so true for the most part I use recipe and exact qiyaas...my food never comes out like my mom's. She cooks without any recipe cunta qayra caadi ahna way sameesa. Skills anaga meel kale naga maray :(

salaam