Sign in to follow this  
Fabregas

Which team did you support before?

Fabregas   

We all know Somalis support a handful or a dozen teams during their lifespan. When I was younger(am still young ;) ) I used to support Newcastle FC.....

NGONGE   

^^^ Always probably means since Vialli was made manager. Or could you be one of those rare souls that started to support chealski when Hoddle was manager? ;)

Aaah! Those were the days. A Newcastle team with Keegan as manager and some of the best players ever to play in the premiership:

Albert, Asprilla, Lee, Ferdinand, Shearer, Cole, Beardsley, Gillespie, Barton etc..

Still didn't stop us from beating them 4-3 on two consecutive occasions. :D

Thierry.   

If I am honest I joined Arsenal when Wenger came rolling into to town If I am more honest I joined them with conviction the day I saw Bergkamp join , but the day I became a hooligan was when Viera, Petit and Anelka rolled into town.

I had contemplated supporting Coventry on a full time basis when Huckerby and Dion Dublin I was there. Prior to that I was a passive fan, I was more into Seria and Inter Milan

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^^
Always
probably means since Vialli was made manager. Or could you be one of those rare souls that started to support chealski when Hoddle was manager?
;)

Aaah! Those were the days. A Newcastle team with Keegan as manager and some of the best players ever to play in the premiership:

Albert, Asprilla, Lee, Ferdinand, Shearer, Cole, Beardsley, Gillespie, Barton etc..

Still didn't stop us from beating them 4-3 on two consecutive occasions.
:D

:D That first game was a CLASSIC!

Fabregas   

Yeah, I remember wen I was ciyaal many Somalis supported liverpool during the days of fowler....laakin they all emigrated wen Wenger brought overmars, bergkamp and co...I doubt many Somalis supported Arsenal during the era of the English lads.....

Thierry, coventry? I am glad you have come to your senses...i remember one of my friends supported Q.P.R.....remeber wen they were in PL?

@Northerner, Maybe you started suppporting liverpool when you received your first ever football shirt hadiyad? :D I could imagine one of your female relatives takin you to the markets and saying " waar shadhkan cas baa qurux badan,dhaxanta wuu celinaya iyo waa raqiis :D

Ngone, u left out Ginola...what a legend...I remember that funny bloke Collymore scored once a or twice in those 4-3 matches....

N.O.R.F   

GJ, on my first ever Liverpool shirt the sponsor was 'Candy'. Most Arsenal fans even know their JVC sponsor of many years.

Gediid   

Teams I supported

Liverpool back in the days of Ian Rush,Souness,Dalglish,Aldridge,Beardsley,Barnes and Grobbelaar my fav goalie.

Arsenal when they had Charlie Nicholas,O'Leary,Seaman Adams etc.

Spurs when they had Ardilles and Archibald.Waddle,Hoddle,Klinsman and of course Gazza.

The team I always hated till today Man United.Hated them when Bryan Robson was captain and Bobby was manager.I also hated Nottingham Forest when Clough sr was was coach and Clough jr was captain.

Of all the teams I liked Arsenal are still my team for the style they bring to the game day in day out.

BOB   

Salam Aleikum W.W

as a kid I supported Inter Milan...I still do to this day but my love for the greatest team London ever knew started when I came to Kenya as my sujui cousin whom I grew to love beyond words was a Gooner and he used to play for a local team called Reunion in the Kenyan Premier League (I'm told these days they're in the lower tiers) as his influence on me grew so did the love for the Gunners and I remember going mad when Arsenal beat Sheffield Wednesday in the F.A Cup Final replay in the early or was it in mid 90's...I can't quite remember...and from then on slowly but surely I became a Gooner myself and now it's me who keeps him posted about Arsenal as he's in U.S and doesn't follow football as much as he used to...so as far as England is concerned I've never followed any other team but I like Newcastle thanks to the amazing skills of Faustino "Tino" Sparilla and David Ginola...I just feel sorry for them every time I see them being hammered which sadly happens almost every game.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by *BOB:

I remember going mad when Arsenal beat Sheffield Wednesday in the F.A Cup Final replay in the early or was it in mid 90's...

That was a gut wrenching defeat for reer Shaffiil :(

Doctor, do you mean in the days of David Platt and Gordon Cowans?