Sign in to follow this  
samjamaa

Somali Bantus

Showqi   

Juxa;797991 wrote:
It's unacceptable waqtigan la joogo people make such comments.

It is not ok and we should not turn blind eye to this islo-weyni illness.

I agree with you Juxa. Gabadhan yari waxay u baahantahay cid u sheegta yasida iyo isla weynidu in ay tahay Ceeb. Teeda kale ummad dhan ayey Soomaalinimadoodii xaqiraysaa. Let this thread be an ey opener for her.

Malika   

Poor poster, little did he/she know that Solers are liberal Somalis..ha ha. They dont mind bantu Somalis, illah amarkisaa Somalida kale baa illahi kala tuusee..ha ha

You guys are harsh on the poster - he/she asked a valid question - what is your take on Bantu Somalis as they have always been on the margins of the Somali society never amidst it...by this I mean, trully embracing them as other Somalis.

ps. As someone whom came from generations born outside Somalia, I tell you this - I remain or shall I say we remained Somalis. We were never going to be a Zulu or a Mchaga - reallity is that, we weren't genetically part of the society we lived in. It's the same now , I can claim to be British but will never be English. Marka, the bantu Somalis are nationally Somalis but not ethnically - thus will remain on the margins of the Somalis...

Juxa   

I know you mean well but dadkaa iyagaa loogu yimid Somalia. They have suffered enough. Waala dhacay dhulkoodi oo la boobay beerahoodi

As result of xaqii laga galay dadkii diidey Iney qaataan hub or were not strong enough to defend themselves waakaa Somalia degi la oo cudur, gaajo and dagaal dartii Somali oo dhan ey meel walba sharaf daro ku heyso

Yaa malika are we not duty bound to say NO to xaq darida? Should we not learn from past mistakes? Mise waligeen awoowgeey baa ahaa thorough-bred baan meeshan lasoo cirid weynaan?

We are not harsh. Waa in la is dabo qabtaaa... In fact yartan yar is getting off lightly

So what is the REAL history?

Why are people being censored? we have a right to be inquisitive to combat ignorance :)

Me personally, i live in an area with a heavy influx of Somali-Bantus... never really saw them

distinct from Somalis (unless they spoke muchungoolu) and even then they are very fierce in a lot of languages. I get irritated when i go to other cities with Somalis and some of them literally say, "Waa maxay Somali-Bantu? :mad:

Juxa;798265 wrote:
I know you mean well but dadkaa iyagaa loogu yimid Somalia. They have suffered enough. Waala dhacay dhulkoodi oo la boobay beerahoodi

As result of xaqii laga galay dadkii diidey Iney qaataan hub or were not strong enough to defend themselves waakaa Somalia degi la oo cudur, gaajo and dagaal dartii Somali oo dhan ey meel walba sharaf daro ku heyso

Yaa malika are we not duty bound to say NO to xaq darida? Should we not learn from past mistakes? Mise waligeen awoowgeey baa ahaa thorough-bred baan meeshan lasoo cirid weynaan?

We are not harsh. Waa in la is dabo qabtaaa... In fact yartan yar is getting off lightly

Hada iyaga dalka loogu yimi manay ahayn iyaga ah Somalidi dhabta ah ileen iyaga loogu yimi eh.

Juxa   

Yes lads iyagaa loogu yimid. The Jubba and shabelle residents kasoo baar taariqda.

Malika as a kid I remember the neighbours called cida-j. Instead of reer ali or Mohamed etc. I knew then it was wrong just as I know it now. Many of us do yet fail to raise their voices in their defence

Bantu waa reer dhan just like reer waqooyi, reer koofur, reer Bari, reer bay iyo bakool ( who also suffered discrimination until they took arms)

Run ahaantii Bantu people dhaankooda wey ku dhagan yihiin. They are kind and helpful and fun

Malika   

^ I know juxa..

Just out of curiosity - if the neighbours were Arabs, would they have been refered as reerkii Arabka or reer Ali or so?

Malika;798292 wrote:
^ I know juxa..

Just out of curiosity - if the neighbours were Arabs, would they have been refered as reerkii Arabka or reer Ali or so?

Cida Asharaafta atleast that what i use to hear