Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

British PM: Our Plan is Not to Recognize Somaliland

N.O.R.F   

xiinfaniin;792818 wrote:
North,

I hope you don't believe this conference is about how to put Somalia under trusteeship
:D

Also, the reason Somaliland is attending is not to share nice examples of democracy and peace making stuff. If you didn't know, the London Conference will put some international structure around dealing with Somalia (SL included). I believe Siilaanyo understands the game here, and will try to extract as much concession as possible in return of fully accepting the reality of one Somalia.

Of course there will be some technicality to sort out before the secessionist masses are told the truth by their leaders.

As for Somalia, and its status, I believe the worst days are behind us, and if Garowe principles are anything to go by, Somali leaders have greatly matured.

Xiin

What needs to happen is for Somalia to sort itself out first and foremost. When it does and there is a semblence of stability for say 5 years then the people of Somaliland might see a benefit in rejoining. Until that happens, until AMISOM is out, until Ethiopia is out, until Somalia's hands are no longer tied by the various agreements where it's neighbours have a say in it's affairs, Somaliland will see no point in rejoining a country that isn't fully soveriegn. Rather than focus on SL, don't you think it would be better to recognise the huge amount of work Somalia needs to do?

As for the conference, we will see what comes out of it tomorrow. I have already posted what the leaked communique states about putting another authority in charge until the constitutional issues are sorted.

North,

Brother, when you say 'What needs to happen is for Somalia to sort itself out first and foremost', which Somalia are you talking about? Mogadishu, Alshabaab controlled areas , Puntland , Ahlusunnah wal Jamah, or Khatumo/Somaliland disputes?

I mean you speak like you are outside of Somalia and the troubles of Somalia including wars, piracy and terrorism do not affect you. What gives North? More people died in Somaliland/Khatumo wars than entire Ahlusunnah/Shabaab conflict in the Central regions in this month. That shows Somalia is one in reality and the world is right on addressing Somali problems as one however complex and intricate it may be.

I totally understand the need to massage Somaliland in order to avoid internal civil strife and I believe the world understands that. I am not however sure you guys are smart enough to understand the avalanche you're sitting on and how transparent your statehood claims are.

N.O.R.F   

Saxib, you're avoiding acknowledging what I'm saying. Somalia has problems. Whether its South Somalia, Puntland or AS controlled areas. The problems Somalia has are more than Somaliland's and have been protracted. Unless Somalia's problems are sorted (I have already mentioned what those problems are), Somalilanders will see no benefit in rejoining. Advocates for reunification should focus on solving the problems, maintaining peace and recovering Somalia's sovereignty before thinking about SL. Is that an irritaional perpective to have?

I don't understand the urgency with which you want to derail my point. Acknowledge it first.

ps more AU troops being sent to Somalia (just announced on Sky News).

^No it is not an irrational perspective to have if it the distinction you are making was real.

However, and as you already know, I refuse to acknowledge this phantom separation between Somalia's recovering regional admins. The only difference between Puntland and Somaliland (and you know this) is that one acknowledges to be Somali and concerns itself with the affairs of Somalia. That is Puntland. The other locked itself in a room for twenty years, pretending that it has nothing to do with Somalia. That is Somaliland.

The Brits as well as other world players do not buy that, nor think it is a sustainable political posture to have for your region.

Aaliyyah   

Well said xiin. Both Awdal state and Khaatumo State are part of somaliweyn. Dhibta somalia haysatana way la qabaan wayna rabaan inay midnimada somaliya ka shaqeeyaan

It is time that those who are from waqooyi galbeed simply speak on behalf of their three cities.

N.O.R.F;792795 wrote:
Gof la maamulo ma dad ismaamulu wax u tari kara?

When things are nice and rosy maybe. In the meantime its a case of Somalia sorting itself out.

Ina adeer. If i were you,i would quit while ahead :)

The thing is,Sir. Somalia's problems, is Somali(Lands) problem. It is also Kenya's, Ethiopia's, Djabutis and the rest of the world's problem. That is why they are all @London today. SL-ers should be the first on the table with ideas and ways to sort out the mess that is SOMALIA....Not stand from the balcony ; hands akimbo and say "war dee sort yourself out"- after all, we are one PEOPLE and you recognise that too(with your admission that when somalia is smooth,then we can talk).

Lander: Nobody said SL should not be recognized. That is for the UN and the international community

N.O.R.F;792875 wrote:
Saxib, you're avoiding acknowledging what I'm saying. Somalia has problems. Whether its South Somalia, Puntland or AS controlled areas. The problems Somalia has are more than Somaliland's and have been protracted. Unless Somalia's problems are sorted (I have already mentioned what those problems are), Somalilanders will see no benefit in rejoining. Advocates for reunification should focus on solving the problems, maintaining peace and recovering Somalia's sovereignty before thinking about SL. Is that an irritaional perpective to have?

I don't understand the urgency with which you want to derail my point. Acknowledge it first.

ps more AU troops being sent to Somalia (just announced on Sky News).

Those AU troops are the Kenyan ones just being rehatted under the AU mission.

N.O.R.F   

xiinfaniin;792881 wrote:
^No it is not an irrational perspective to have if it the distinction you are making was real.

However, and as you already know, I refuse to acknowledge this phantom separation between Somalia's recovering regional admins. The only difference between Puntland and Somaliland (and you know this) is that one acknowledges to be Somali and concerns itself with the affairs of Somalia. That is Puntland. The other locked itself in a room for twenty years, pretending that it has nothing to do with Somalia. That is Somaliland.

The Brits as well as other world players do not buy that, nor think it is a sustainable political posture to have for your region.

Again, you're focusing on the peripheral issues rather than address my point. Surely, you're not advocating for Somaliland to come back in when Somalia's own sovereignty is questionable, foreign troops on it's land, piracy out of control and AS controlling large swathes of the country?

Actually I am advocating Somaliland regional admin to recognize the reality before them and join other Somalis in the quest of reviving Somalia TOGETHER.

And when I say reality I mean following:

1) What affects Somalia will affect them

2) Political development such as Khatumo spells what is in store in the future if comprehensive settlement for SOMALIA is not achieved.

N.O.R.F   

Faarax-Brawn;792886 wrote:
Ina adeer. If i were you,i would quit while ahead
:)

The thing is,Sir. Somalia's problems, is Somali(Lands) problem. It is also Kenya's, Ethiopia's, Djabutis and the rest of the world's problem. That is why they are all @London today. SL-ers should be the first on the table with ideas and ways to sort out the mess that is SOMALIA....Not stand from the balcony ; hands akimbo and say "war dee sort yourself out"- after all, we are one PEOPLE and you recognise that too(with your admission that when somalia is smooth,then we can talk)

Fair enough.

Taleexi   

The Hermet;792688 wrote:
recognition will come later, the position of the british is clear they will follow after africa...the purpose for silanyo should be money...WARS ARE NOT CHEAP THESE DAYS..and the population of buhoodle need bath water. :cool:

We both need, aint we?

N.O.R.F   

xiinfaniin;792893 wrote:
Actually I am advocating Somaliland regional admin to recognize the reality before them and join other Somalis in the quest of reviving Somalia TOGETHER.

Finally. Even if in a roundabout way :)

N.O.R.F;792898 wrote:
Finally. Even if in a roundabout way
:)

You should know him by now..with Somaliland issues, he often gives the long answer versions :)

Adu laakin- You are sounding more like that ultra sessionist dude(cant remember his name)...by the minute. i thought u were always soft on 1 somalia or the idea of it anyway.