Sign in to follow this  
samjamaa

Is it true the more honest you are, the more naive you can be?

samjamaa   

One of my friends told me stop been naïve cause the more honest you are, the more naive you can be. It's probably because of the fact I am so sincere that I assume people think the same way I do and don't look at people's intentions with as much scrutiny.

"Honesty" is something mysterious, foreign, and envious to Dishonest and Untrustworthy people , because They don't know what makes people 'Honest' but they do see it as a weakness, and stealing/lying/cheating as Strengths/Positives. While the honest is one of the most important and commendable traits in a personality, and a good, morally strong family teaches their children to give all people a chance on an individual level, because there are honest/trustworthy people in all societies.

apparently i am quite naive according to people and i do considre myself honest, i try to be atleast, and maybe i hold the same standard for other people..

BOB   

Sister you're right some people do associate honesty and kindness with weakness especially in this day and age where people openly deceive, cheat, lie and steal without a hint of a shame and it's sad therefore I'd advice you to retain your sincerity/honesty at any cost Insha Allah.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Narniah   

Samjama I think you should carry on being who you are. Being honest is important as the truth sets one free. Lying just leads to more lies and it ruins everything.

Actually honesty comes from strength whereas Lying and deceit stem from weakness.

Mario B   

Faarax-Brawn;790103 wrote:
Seconded!

Whoever told you that sh1t is full of sh1t. Honesty is the best policy.

Thumbs up. :cool::cool:

BOB   

Narniah;790188 wrote:
Actually honesty comes from strength whereas Lying and deceit stem from weakness.

Good point. I've always believed that lying is something only cowards use simply because they do not have the courage or the guts to face or deal withthe reality.

PS. Duceysane, gabartu waa daacad ee doqon ma aha lol. teeda kale it doesn't take a lot to spot a dishonest Faarax.

Peace, Love & Unity.

samjamaa   

Ducaysane;790139 wrote:
Be honest even for the guys who do not have marriage in the mind? Waar yarta ha waalinina.

who talk about guys or marriage?!!! i was talking in general, and as BOB said i am honest not ****** lol.

anyway thanks for you advice.

somalee   

No is a short answer. Honesty is the best policy but not always. Sometimes being honest can be plain ******, and dangerous. Lying is not always bad, sometimes not lying can be ****** as well.

Generally speaking though, being honest is a good thing.

i will add one thing,

divorce your feelings from the consequences of your doing, if your actions are right.....

you will be confident in being naive for a noble course.

be honest all the time

Carafaat   

rudy-Diiriye;790366 wrote:
Well it depends! for flight 13 yes..they consider that being foolish!! But for the rest of the world its accepted as honorable.

true. in Europe they are called Titanics.

NGONGE   

^^ Honesty is to think a mugger is a despicable person. Naivety is to say it aloud as he searches your pockets whilst holding a gun to your chest. Something else altogether indeed. :D:P