Sign in to follow this  
Mintid Farayar

LEAKED LONDON MEMO: Somalia is to be partitioned.

Mario B   

Carafaat;790023 wrote:
It's fake. Draft Conference Communique's or outcomes are never revelealed before hand to participants, unless someone wants to test the public reaction.

I think it's the real deal, even British Telegraph are using it in this scoop....:D

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/somalia/9086599/Al-Shabaab-Militants-may-be-free-to-control-Somalias-south.html

Mario B   

"Couched in diplomatic language, the agreement would set the stage for de-facto partition of the country, with international support concentrated on “areas of stability” outside of al-Shabaab’s control".

The Telegraph are just being dramatic, what is important is the increase of AMISON troops that will be announced a day before the meeting by the UN which will hopefully be 18K, prefferebly made of Djibouti contigent.

If Kismayo, Afgoye and Baidoa are captured then the war is over, Ethiopia might wish for Al shaabab not be defeated quickly as they are making money from US and EU.....to a lesser extent Uganda and Kenya' Army are being kept busy...

Somalis if they're clever enough should work on constituting their National Army ASAP and end the capture the lands form Al Shaabab themselves. The TFG has 5 months to surprise the world.

Taleexi   

NASSIR;790095 wrote:
Thanks Libaax for the highlights!

This seems to me as though the world/western governments are biased in favor of two main Somalia zones that would most likely resemble very closely North Korea (al-Shabaab) vs. South Korea (Puntland, SL, and the TFG). Somalis will reject this silly proposal & fight it until the country is united.

Ethiopia & Kenya are very much pleased with the prophets of Somalia's doom & gloom. And this London conference could bring about that scary scenerio.

Edit: I pointed to the neocolonial designs of the UK gov't in my thread and how it vehemently gave its diplomatic and financial support to the secessionists against the wishes of Maakhir & Khaatumo folks.

Well put Nassir. I will reserve my comments in 10 days.

Mario B   

If he failed to do any of those option; then, I can only think of that he must have been tired of running the country; and, therefore, he is looking forward an early retirement; so that, this is his ticket way out. For, there is no way he will last one week, were he to sign this silly proposal and, chance his luck to return to Hargeisa. Mark my word, fellas...

-------------

Don't worry about the old man, I hope he starts now managing expectations back home, he can always blame the "Wretched British" for his political failings. :cool:

Mario B   

There is nothing to fear, it was all going to end this way...all that sweet nothing was just "shukansi" so that you could come to the table as one of the stakeholders in SOMALIA. Now start building those prisons, Puntlanders have failed in law and order. :D:D:cool:

The Sage   

It would be foolish to leave Al Shabab to its own devices when the group is already at its death knell. If anything the international community should bolster the TFG with the resources it needs to finish them off. This is especially confusing when you consider that security is at the top of the agenda for the meeting.

Mario B   

The Sage;790215 wrote:
It would be foolish to leave Al Shabab to its own devices when the group is already at its death knell. If anything the international community should bolster the TFG with the resources it needs to finish them off. This is especially confusing when you consider that security is at the top of the agenda for the meeting.

Totally agree, but the high seas is the main security concern for the West.

Abwaan   

I also saw the telegraph article that MB posted, which confirms the leak. Hopefully, I will read the whole story later the day!.

The Sage   

Che -Guevara;790217 wrote:
^You are assuming the world wants the Somali situation fixed.

Ah. I guess the international community assumes that its naive to think they can solve the situation, but they're just naive enough to think a band-aid efforts will create the results they desire.

If true, it looks like Somalia will be formally in trusteeship within some months...

I've been warning of this for months now, but some on this Forum are too 'deaf, dumb, and blind' to see the writing on the wall....

All that they can see in their myopic view is how to drag Somaliland into the dirt with them... i.e. why isn't Somaliland in the same structure/situation as us? etc., etc.,

NGONGE   

Gabbal;790320 wrote:
Hogwash. The Telegraph itself sources a Somali website as the cause of the leak.

The SomalilandSun, no less. :D

^^I don't know much about the credibility nature of Daily Telegraph paper. But I wouldn't read too much into a 'leaked' document of a yet to be hold conference.

However, and as I said few pages above, i do think the strategies espoused here are very realistic in its development and security focus.