Sign in to follow this  
chubacka

What's your earliest memory?

Aaliyyah   

Cambuulo you and I are the same age how cool is that anyways my heart goes out to you sis that yur first memory is gun shot..how scary is that subhanalah

My earliest memory comes from when I was aged almost 4 years old. As an early riser I found my mum crying in the laundry room. This was an interesting sight for me; it was more a prolonged deep sobbing to be honest. It was then my mum told me that she had lost her father that morning, a man she clearly loved very much. Apparently I couldn’t understand why god would want to take him from mum. Anyway that was the first time I saw my mother crying, and the second was a few years ago when her mother died, needless to say it brought back some memories.

Chimera   

I was 11 months old, somewhere in the outskirts of Mogadishu, there were alot of kids and I vividly remember that they played with old truck tiers, while I crawled across the wet grass, which had that distinct odour of moist grass drying up in the morning Sun. The smell is the only reason why that pleasant 24 year old memory endured within the vortex of my mind.

Narniah   

Archdemos;786894 wrote:
My earliest memory comes from when I was aged almost 4 years old. As an early riser I found my mum crying in the laundry room. This was an interesting sight for me; it was more a prolonged deep sobbing to be honest. It was then my mum told me that she had lost her father that morning, a man she clearly loved very much. Apparently I couldn’t understand why god would want to take him from mum. Anyway that was the first time I saw my mother crying, and the second was a few years ago when her mother died, needless to say it brought back some memories.

Allah yarhama. May Allah grant your grandparents jannah ameen.

The first time I saw my mother cry was when my brother stuffed a small object in his nose. He couldn't breathe, I remember how she cried and literally placed her mouth over his nose and sucked it out.

This is why Jannah is underneath our mothers feet.

Who else would suck something our of our nose?

Chimera   

Another memory involves me and my family driving through Europe in 1993, and coming across other Somali families, and the continues reference to the situation back home. I remember feeling this yearning to go to my grandparents house in the outskirts of Mog. I think these memories are the foundation behind my love for Somalia.

People be sure to distinguish between your earliest memory and stories youve been told about your child/infanthood. I find it hard to believe anyone could pinpiot the exact age they were at this 'first' memory.

I have several 'first' memories. Mine would be sleeping inside an aqal soomaali, a few waxar and all, whilst hearing the rain hitting the inside.

Climbing a tree (not very high) as the metal beker lay on the ground.

Narniah;786908 wrote:
Allah yarhama. May Allah grant your grandparents jannah ameen.

The first time I saw my mother cry was when my brother stuffed a small object in his nose. He couldn't breathe, I remember how she cried and literally placed her mouth over his nose and sucked it out.

This is why Jannah is underneath our mothers feet.

Who else would suck something our of our nose?

Indeed sis, mothers represent everything that is good and wholesome about societies, and women in general can be an incredible force for good within our society. Its a shame they are underutilised, and to some extent marginalised. We need to push for women to hold more prominent roles in any future Somali state to help mitigate the self destructive tendencies of our men. Anyway i digress, yes mums are the best:) but our women are the communities best asset.

Aaliyyah   

Looool@yuryur, priceless!! Alle ayeeyoyinkena ha xafido inti waalid noolna nolol wacan haku simo inti dhimatayna alle ha u naxaristo oo janada haka waraabiyo ameen yaa rab

RaMpAgE   

One of the earliest memories I can remember is watching an Italian movie back in Mog where a man eats worms, and me vomiting afterwards, my grandmothers always remember me of this, I think I was around 5 at that time.

Chimera;786929 wrote:
Odaysomali, a clear dig at me. I care not.

haha see page 1 sxb, see pg 1:D

Lets make this more interesting. What is everyones last memory of being in Somalia.

Mine would be being driven in a car, through the vast plains and bush as we made our way out of the country. The car stopping for prayer every so often. I remember finding the water in egypt was bitter!

^Flying out of Mogadishu airport in extremely hot airplane and then landing in Berbera en route to Jabouti. I still remember the clean beaches and clear blue sea.

Aaliyyah   

I have no memory of somalia, that first memory I mentioned earlier was in egypt cairo. Odeysomali when were you in egypt we were there from 90- 92...but my memory of cairo is vague nothing solid.

Aaliyyah;786893 wrote:
Cambuulo you and I are the same age how cool is that anyways my heart goes out to you sis that yur first memory is gun shot..how scary is that subhanalah

really cool then and thanks :).. Lol why do everyone in this forum think im a girl lol, does my name sound a bit feminine