Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

If you had a chance to meet an ALIM/Scholar, who would it be (Top 3 CHOICES)?

Khayr   

Salamun caliykum,

Sometimes when I read a particular work written by one of the ulama/scholars of islam, i am just mesmerized by the depth of knowledge, their effort and work as daees/propagaters of Islam and their Hikmah/Wisdom.

We have had 1400yrs+ worth of Islamic scholarship, which is something absolutely amazing and significant.

In anycase, I saw on another forum, where this question was asked and I just wanted to share with the SOL nomads and find out:

Which Islamic Scholar (From Hasan Al-Basari and Imam Jafar as sadiq to Shiekh Ibn Baz or Shiekh Kishk (famous blind egyptian scholar of the 20th century) would you like to meet?

Personally, I would like to meet:

-Imam Tirmidhi (Part of the 6 sahih hadith colletors)

- Imam Sayuti-the amount of books he has writing and the depth of understanding he displays in them is unbelievable.

-Shiekh Al Akbar ibn arabi-subhanAllah, an alim that is often misunderstood by the layman. However, his adherence and reverence to islam could be seen in his work.

Pls do share nomads what Scholars you would like to meet (past and present included).

Pls avoid critiquing other people's choices.

Fi Amanillah

Nur   

Kheir brother

Great topic, here is my Top Ten Wish List:

1.Al Tabari, Ibn Katheer, Ibn Atheer, ( Quraan plus History)

2. Bukhari, Tirmidhi, Nasaee, Ibn Majah, Abi Daud, Muslim and Ibn Salaah ( Hadeeth)

3. The imams( Shafici, Hanifah, Maliki, Xanbali, Leith) ( Fiqh)

4. Al Shatibi ( Maqaasid) this scholar really amazes me

5. Sheikh Tirmidhi Al Hakim, and Al Qarafi ( Maqaasid)

6. Xujjatullah Al Dahlawi ( Maqaasid)

7. Ibn Taymiyah and Sayyid Qutb (Heavy Duty Aqeedah)

8. Ibn Qayim Al Jawzia ( Aqeedah, tazkiyahtul nafs)

9. Sibaweyh ( Arabic Grammar)

10. Abul Acla al Mawdudi ( Great Thinkers)

Nur

Khayr   

Originally posted by Nur:

Kheir brother

Great topic, here is my Top Ten Wish List:

1.Al Tabari, Ibn Katheer, Ibn Atheer, ( Quraan plus History)

2. Bukhari, Tirmidhi, Nasaee, Ibn Majah, Abi Daud, Muslim and Ibn Salaah ( Hadeeth)

3. The imams( Shafici, Hanifah, Maliki, Xanbali, Leith) ( Fiqh)

4. Al Shatibi ( Maqaasid) this scholar really amazes me

5. Sheikh Tirmidhi Al Hakim, and Al Qarafi ( Maqaasid)

6. Xujjatullah Al Dahlawi ( Maqaasid)

7. Ibn Taymiyah and Sayyid Qutb (Heavy Duty Aqeedah)

8. Ibn Qayim Al Jawzia ( Aqeedah, tazkiyahtul nafs)

9. Sibaweyh ( Arabic Grammar)

10. Abul Acla al Mawdudi ( Great Thinkers)

Nur

MashAllah, saxib thats a huge list. Pick your Top 3 that you would like to meet.

smile.gif

The Fuqaha and Ulama in general were some serious muslims. If I am not mistaken, Imam Ahmed ibn Hanibal's son once came late for the jammat salat and he wouldn't talk to his son for days (I heard the story a while back, so it might be Imam Ahmed or Abu Hanifa).

In anycase, nomads please do contribte to with your top 3 list.

JZK

1-Bukhari-I mean the man was genious

2-Shureym-I love how he reads the qura'n. when I was growing up he was the main reason why I wanted to memorize the Qur'an(so i can read with him :D )

3-Last but not least Imamu Shafici-subxanallah who always inspired me to seek knowledge, has anyone read his biography? If anyone did(in English ofcourse) please drop the name for me!

Nur   

Brother Kheir

May I suggest with your permission that we chose one of each of the following categories;

1. Classical Scholars

2. Quran Reciters

3. Contemporary Scholars

Nur

Nephissa   

It's a shame Walahi, can't name one Alim or Scholar! :( Allah i kaso inaan sidino kale knowledgable u noqdo one day. Amen.

Khayr   

Originally posted by Nur:

Brother Kheir

May I suggest with your permission that we chose one of each of the following categories;

1. Classical Scholars

2. Quran Reciters

3. Contemporary Scholars

Nur

Ok, inshallah here goes:

1. Imam Sayuti

2. AbdelBasit-Sweetest voice, like a bird.

3. Imaamm Musavii

Kashafa   

1-Sayyid Qutub: The premier Islamic thinker of the 20th century. His autobiography is an inspiration in itself. From the rabid depths of enlightened secularism to his eye-awakening trip to America to waging the best jihad( a true word in front of a tyrant ruler, paraphrasing the hadeeth) to writing the tafseer of our time: In the Shades of the Qu'ran, to finally achieving martyrdom, his life was truly a departure from the 'traditional' scholar-shaykh-wadaad figure.

2-Abu Aa'laa Al-Mawdudi: An Indo-Paki scholar writing primarily in Urdu, his books have been translated into numerous languages. Again, he was not your typical shaykh preaching from a podiom. Mawdudi pretty much invented Islamic activism as we know it, writing more than 120 books and giving 1000 speeches. Needless to say, he was sentenced to death which was commuted to life in prison.

^^These two are, as one writer put it,"the founding fathers of the global Islamic revival movement". I'd like to get their perspective on what's going on the world today.

nemo   

Istakh Fululallah I would not know any. :mad: But I can chose what singer I would like to meet. :( (which I'm not going to mention) I see alot of changing needs to be done in my side.

PS good on you guys for knowing a lot, and may you keep learning the religion. Well I do read Islamic books but never puy attention to the author. So aint that bad right? ;)