Sign in to follow this  
samjamaa

If you weren't Somali, would you like to be?

samjamaa   

I always defined myself as being “Somali”. Whenever someone asked me where I was from, I always responded with “I’m Somali”. Yes, I am very proud to be Somali and that for sure give me something to hold onto as an identity in where I live. So if I wasn't Somali, I would like to be Somali.:o

i remember not too long ago, i was forced into round of introductions, you know the type where you introduce yourself to your peers and colleagues and you talk about good and great you are. this was when i lived in the uk, not the best time of my life but then somaliland was recovering from war and instability. so.... everybody introduced themselves and when it came to me, i said.....'my name is ***** **** and I am somali. i just couldn't say from 'somalia' or say i was 'british' or from 'london'...it just wouldnt come out. i didnt want to be fake... you know, so i'm proud to be somali.

Carafaat;783812 wrote:
never thought about that. But I would defintely would like to be cushitic. maybe
Masai, Turkana or Samburu

maybe you are.... you bantu!

Garnaqsi;783825 wrote:
English, Irish, Scottish, or Welsh. What can I say? I love Britain!

That's one group of people i would definitely not wanna be. Them, MADOW PEOPLE, iyo MEXICANS. Sadexda aduunka ugu xun. :)

Carafaat   

Juxa;783824 wrote:
being a Bantu is not wax la isku caayo........

sheemo

Juxa, cunigaan ma caay uu uga jeeday? goormaa la isku caaya qabiil ama qomiyad.

ka waran cid ku dhahda, you cushitic! :D