Sign in to follow this  
Mintid Farayar

Even the Brits are not certain of Somaliland's Attendance

Carafaat   

Oodweyneh, you are right tha the Brits have only their own agenda and interest at heart for this meeting and for interverence in Somalia. That is after all the guiding principle on foreign policy of most nation. That you must realize my friend, interest is leading not principals.

But I am (and Siilayo likwise) are of the diplomatic school that is advocating fo a dialogue and direct negoitiation with Somali actors. And I see the facilitation of the Brits and attendence of 40 countries, as the most suited opportunity for reaching an midterm agreement with Somalia(or its political actor). And I teak a deal is not far fetched. Referendum in 3 years and in the meantime confederal model and cooperation on Foreign policy and security for the stabilization of Somalia.

Ood, Somalia has something you want. And you have something they want. And wouldnt the Brits be the most suited middle-man, bringing centuries of these experience as the Iblays matchmaker with 40 countries as the witnesses to this deal.

Oodweyne,

My dear friend, you have to cease giving these PhD dissertations on internal Maandeeq power plays. Too many pirate boys in the vicinity who are simply clueless as to how Somaliland internally works (always confusing Somaliland with their wild, Hobbessian jungle).

Carafaat   

Mintid Farayar;780718 wrote:
Careful, careful, Carafaat. Waar maad joogtid. I'm trying to finesse you out of embarrassment when it comes to your facts. Once again the meeting was attended only by Farole and the TFG on the Somali side. Siilaanyo and his shadow foreign minister (at the time) went to Washington some weeks later and had a private meeting with the congressman (Payne of NJ) at his office. I could provide you with all the relevant documentation but then you must promise never to speak until spoken to and always leave the room in the presence of those more informed, deal?

Don't have a heart attack now. I'm only kidding about the last part....

Mintid, please do provide me with any confidential info and docu and I will promise silence for this weekend atleast. :D

Carafaat;780730 wrote:
Mintid, please do provide me with any confidential info and docu and I will promise silence for this weekend atleast.
:D

You mean Oodweyne's corroborating of the exact same events was not enough? I thought he was one of the ones who was supposed to vouch for you. Or do you still disbelieve?

Carafaat;780691 wrote:
Didnt Siilanyo go to the meeting that Riyaale refused back in 2010?

Mintid, open your eyes and come join me, Siilanyo and your uncles Buuba, Jaamac Qaalib, Suldaan Abdiqadir on the bandwagon.
:D

Carafaat what Siilaanyo and the TFG loool that is a big joke you and you're conspiracy theories i remember when cigaal was the president they used to come with those claims two even with rayaale he is making deals with the Americans in Djibouti that he is waiting for the TFG term to end some where end 2008, Siilaanyo is one man 3.8 million people aspirations is much bigger and Siilaanyo knows that a man who spend more than a decade to fight for Somalilands independence he is a true hero.

Who cares if they attend or not, its their loss and the conference will continue whether the secessionist attend it or not. Irrelevant!

NGONGE   

SL is probably trying to add a couple of items to the agenda before agreeing to attend. For as things stand, there really isn't much that concerns SL in this meeting.

NGONGE;780742 wrote:
SL is probably trying to add a couple of items to the agenda before agreeing to attend. For as things stand, there really isn't much that concerns SL in this meeting.

if the brits call it Somaliland Somalia conference and the future of the horn and some top agenda's concerning Somalilands interest i mean piracy and terrorism and Somalia's future yawns.

Carafaat   

Oodweyne;780723 wrote:

That is why I think, it was mistake for the then
Mr. Silanyo
to have done so public of a double-cross to the government of the day; which was holding a quite right hard-line position on this issue at the time. And, also, I believe, this "unclear signals" that was even coming out from the then opposition party (namely Kulmiye) at that time, is directly the political father of this acute problem, in which, this conference in London is creating it now.

For, I believe, the Brits, wouldn't dare to have done this so open perfidy to Somaliland, in so public manner, no less, if they did know in advance that current Kulmiye's foreign policy is as hard-line on Somaliland's independent issue as UDUB was, in her day of ruling Somaliland. But, that, I suppose, is water under the bridge now. For we are where we are now, regardless of how we have got to in the first place. .

Pour qois? Why? How did the meeting Siilanyo had years ago negatively affect SL? It hasnt. And why would any meeting in Londen negatively affect affect the folks in the Land,for sure it wont.

Oodweyneh, you want Somaliland to be a country. But you dont want it to act like a country. There is hugh diffrence between domestic and foreign politics. One is guided by principles and the other by interest. You want Somaliland to act principally towards Somalia as if were still one country. If you ask me Somaliland should talk with every single of the maamul's and even invite the foreign based Azanian, Gedo, Bay, Doxa Shabbele, name it. I would invite them to Haregeyda, welcome them with red carpet, invite them to open a political office In Hargeysa, military camp for their boys in Sool, arm them, fund them and send them in to battle against Al Shabbaab and send even some troopts with them. And when they get power in Somalia, they will sign whatever I like.

That is how I would do it. This conservative risk averse tendencies of Somaliland is grandmother politics, and grandmother's. Will get you nowhere except for the shop around the corner.

NGONGE   

^^ Diplomacy is a queer game, saaxib. Like I said, as things stand, there is nothing to gain from attending this conference. However, it all depends on how strongly the Brits want SL to attend and what they're willing to concede in the process (an item on the agenda hinting at SL's situation perhaps?). Still, if no 'carrots' are forthcoming, I'd safely argue that Siilaanyo will tell them to stick it.

Carafaat   

Oodweyne;780723 wrote:

That is why I think, it was mistake for the then
Mr. Silanyo
to have done so public of a double-cross to the government of the day; which was holding a quite right hard-line position on this issue at the time. And, also, I believe, this "unclear signals" that was even coming out from the then opposition party (namely Kulmiye) at that time, is directly the political father of this acute problem, in which, this conference in London is creating it now.

For, I believe, the Brits, wouldn't dare to have done this so open perfidy to Somaliland, in so public manner, no less, if they did know in advance that current Kulmiye's foreign policy is as hard-line on Somaliland's independent issue as UDUB was, in her day of ruling Somaliland. But, that, I suppose, is water under the bridge now. For we are where we are now, regardless of how we have got to in the first place. .

Pour qois? Why? How did the meeting Siilanyo had years ago negatively affect SL? It hasnt. And why would any meeting in Londen negatively affect affect the folks in the Land,for sure it wont.

Oodweyneh, you want Somaliland to be a country. But you dont want it to act like a country. There is hugh diffrence between domestic and foreign politics. One is guided by principles and the other by interest. You want Somaliland to act principally towards Somalia as if were still one country. If you ask me Somaliland should talk with every single of the maamul's and even invite the foreign based Azanian, Gedo, Bay, Doxa Shabbele, name it. I would invite them to Haregeyda, welcome them with red carpet, invite them to open a political office In Hargeysa, military camp for their boys in Sool, arm them, fund them and send them in to battle against Al Shabbaab and send even some troopts with them. And when they get power in Somalia, they will sign whatever I like.

That is how I would do it. This conservative risk averse tendencies of Somaliland is grandmother politics, and grandmother's. Will get you nowhere except for the shop around the corner.

Carafaat,

Here's an excerpt from that Congressional meeting (and no, you don't have to stay quite for the weekend, that was just a joke, saaxiib):

As a scholar who closely tracks developments in the subregion,

allow me to add a personal note of appreciation for your leadership

in keeping attention focused on issues relating to the Horn of Africa in general, and in particular for bringing about this historic

hearing, which brings together in the same forum high representatives of the Transitional Federal Government of Somalia, the

Puntland State of Somalia, as well as some of Somalia’s international partners. I regret that the Foreign Minister of the Republican of Somaliland was unable to join us to share the experience

of his people in avoiding the very scourges, including extremism,

conflict and piracy, which this hearing endeavors to examine.

While I understand the Somalilanders’ sensitivity about any appearance prejudicial to their 1991 declaration of renewed independence and the delicate nature of the internal politics there, as

Somaliland, alone of all the territories which were once part of the

Somali Democratic Republic before the collapse of the Mohammed

Siyad Barre regime, moves to its second democratic Presidential

and parliamentary elections in just 3 months, I nonetheless hope

that the representatives of the Republic of Somaliland will provide

the subcommittee with info

This is a direct quote from one of the presenters at the Hearing.

For your own reading at a time of your own choosing: http://foreignaffairs.house.gov/111/50633.pdf

Carafaat   

Oodweyne;780754 wrote:
Ngonge

The Brits have their own agenda in here. That much is clear and we both know. What is not clear (at least to me) is that what in God's green earth, did Somaliland's official saw in this agenda, in which in turn persuaded them that it has something for them.

Hence, as to why we are eagerly waiting how leadership come out on this one; and, how they explains this one out, if that is the rumours of their attending turn out to be correct. But, still, we must give them a benefit of the doubt and all, with limit, of course, in here...

Oodweyneh, Abti,

Aan kula kaftamee. Waxaan ku moodiyay Alpha Scientist, laakinse I think you might have background in Beta Studies. :D

Because you really expect them to write on paper what their intention is and what they might have Somaliland to offer ? Or the diffrent scenarion's on the table. abti, wuxu ma formula computer la galiyo ayaa mooday. :D

Carafaat   

Oodweyneh, the deal is clear to me. With a pit of wishfull thinking and extrapolation of the recent events in Somaliland. I would say the recongnition will be freezed for a couple of years with the promise of a referendum in middle long period. Somaliland will form a platform together with the future Somalia Goverment and in return will get acces to funds, bilateral support, investment through IFI's.

Abti, if this or somethng looking like this beast of a deal wont come out of the meeting and Siilanto will never utter the words recongnition, I will silence on Confederation talk forever and Minti Farayare ayaan ku daba tukaniyaaa. :D