Sign in to follow this  
Somalia

What happened to Hawo Tako?

Somalia   

We all know the thugs who overran the capital in 1991 went to such savageness that they even dug out the electric cables from the ground.

But, what happened to the monuments, Hawo Tako, Sayid Mohamed, where are they? :confused:

BOB   

Brother what's monuments when thousands of people lost their lives?

Peace, Love & Unity.

Sensei   

Birth place : Xamarweyne

place of death : Xamar in 1948 after demonstration

Bullet or arrow ? Contrary to the arrow myth, Xaawo Taako was shot infront of her kids.

Miscellaneous info : Walked with limp, lugtee ka dhutin jirtay

Xaawo Taako was my school, and I saw that monument everyday on my way to school.

*Back to work*

Abwaan   

Oodweyne;780064 wrote:
Well, perhaps, I Suppose, we should ask our
"resident ambassadors"
from that particular Somali community, that are perennially-disposed towards that seedy business of
“scrap-merchant lootery”
:D

Namely, our delightful
Mr. Abwaan
of
SOL
and his ever keeping-up-appearance side-kick, by the name of
Ms. Somalina

And, we should particularly asked them, as to what they have done to those sort of monuments and the rest of the lot of them.

But, I guess, since that was their country (and their capital, in most definite terms), then, it’s really is not something of a skin off my nose. Particularly, as to what they do to that ever cursed city of theirs, indeed...

Oodweyne...If I attempt to answer your question. i don't know who took them but I know that they were removed after Siad Barre's government fell. Who knows if you were the broker that helped those thugs, who stole those valuable and historic monuments sell them when you lived in the UAE :) as I heard that was where it was taken to.

People say so and so took it and stuff but I don't know if it is true and if I knew it I wouldn't hide it. Whoever did it will regret that if they have not done it so already!

I hope that answers your question Sir!

Somalia   

Interesting.

I've now been told that it was Osman Atto, and that he shipped out lampposts as well, as well as some equipment at the port of Mogadishu. He also tried to take out the stadium lights but had no luck.

The man is a businessman. Salute.

Raamsade   

Xaawo Taako died needlessly in a needless Hanoolaato protest. I'm not sure what she did to warrant a statue. But the duuflaal, cirweyne iyo giiryaale extraordinaire Ina Cabdulle Xassan should never had a statue to begin with.

Somalina   

Oodweyne;780064 wrote:
Well, perhaps, I Suppose, we should ask our
"resident ambassadors"
from that particular Somali community, that are perennially-disposed towards that seedy business of
“scrap-merchant lootery”

Namely, our delightful
Mr. Abwaan
of
SOL
and his ever keeping-up-appearance side-kick, by the name of
Ms. Somalina

And, we should particularly asked them, as to what they have done to those sort of monuments and the rest of the lot of them.

But, I guess, since that was their country (and their capital, in most definite terms), then, it’s really is not something of a skin off my nose. Particularly, as to what they do to that ever cursed city of theirs, indeed...

You can't keep away from mentioning me in your highly intoxicated rants I see. All you have is some randomly written fantasy that has absolutely no basis with reality.

homerdrool21.JPG

Let us know when you sober up and clean that nasty slobbering off your face old man!