Sign in to follow this  
oz_girl

Losing my religion

oz_girl   

This is a serious question that needs serious answers.

Everything i use to believe in no longer rings true and it scares me that i feel this way.

I don't want to be damned to an eternity in hell but wat do u do if you're no longer convinced?

I believe there is god but then there are days when i'm weary about his exsistence...

I can't talk to my family about it cause they would disown me and i know my friends would isolate me. I have no one to turn to.

Should i seek the advice of a sheik? and how do i go about finding one who can i trust?

if i don't find the answers i need i fear that i may hurt myself.

N.O.R.F   

Oz Girl, I think you need to elaborate on your situation in order for you to hopefully find answers to your questions.

For example;

Why do you no longer have the same level of belief?

What happened for you to get to that stage?

On what days are you weary about God's existance? Bad days? What about the good days?

Please share. Inshallah you will find the answers you're looking for here. Ramadan Kareem.

oz_girl   

if god is merciful then why would he send his non-muslim creations to hell?

why are so many people doomed to hell for little infringements?

why are there so many guidelines and procedures to following islam?

these are the pg-rated questions the rest i don't think should be mentioned. i do not want to insult a religion people hold dear to.

Nur   

An e-Nuri Business Venture Development

The Spiritual Out-Patient Clinic

Nomads

Our health is taking a serious beating these days due to genetically altered, chemically preserved , artificially processed colored and preserved foods. While these chemicals do their wonders inside our bodies, spawning reactions that can corrode your car engine in a minute, we calmly sit back on our soft couches in our chemically cooled and heated homes using remote controlled gadgets to open our garage doors, operate our refrigerators TV and turn lights on and off without getting up from our soft sofas, all these factors adding to our bad health.

Our bodies which are designed by Allah to take abuse to an extent, can only take so much, once the threshold of abuse is crossed, safety mechanisms fail, we feel sick, we throw up or feel like we are on a carousel at Disney in dizziness, we rush to the nearby hospital for help where the Doctor (Dr. WOL?) diagnosis our condition and shakes her head in disbelief. " Mr. Calool Weyne, your condition is serious, your blood cholesterol level is high, liver functions are alarmingly showing serious deterioration, you need to change your diet, to detoxify your blood in order to save your vital organs, its sad that you are only 29 years old " says the internist.

That was your body

That was your body on bad diet and no exercise

That was a Potato couch .

Your body is just the window dressing for your soul, the essence of creation and being, have you noticed how we Somalis refer to a dead person " Meytka" the minute he/she passes away? no longer do we refer to that body as a person, the person is gone, leaving behind a bag of fat and weeping relatives behind, the soul departed its body, the abused vehicle of the soul to meet its maker in heaven.

Our soul, just like our body, takes a similar blow from an stealthy enemy, Satan, who corrupts its inner files with wrong messages and visions. Without a periodic deletion of these bad files, our souls become so corrupted, we can act and utter words that show how far our soul has deteriorated, i know of one such person in my own family, a young and a promising person, who slowly lost a very valuable healthy soul to Satan, descending from the height of the Himalayas in faith, to the lowest point of an aimless animal.

That person is now dead spiritually, alive physically, but Allah gives life to the dead, however, it just dawned on me, how could I have missed the signs of that persons ailment and sickness? it took a long period of time until one day, I was face to face with a complete stranger, someone I knew so much turned to someone i have never met.

In memory of that person, I imagined the establishment of a clinic to save dear individuals in our lives, so that we can offer our help before it is too late.

Unlike bodily ailments, the spiritual illness is not felt, in contrast, it is enjoyable, and fun, today, I was discussing business with a dear friend whose shining dark black beard kept shrinking every time I see him, while his wallet kept growing bigger and his preoccupation with the worldly desires is noticeably increasing.

Change in our spiritual health is very stealthy, our actions can be the best way to monitor our spiritual condition at any given time, unfortunately, there are no diagnostic gadgets in malls to measure our iimaan pressure gauge to ward off an spiritual mental stroke.

Based on the above observations, e-Nuri and associates are warning Nomads on this water hole, to either shape up, or ship out to the next life unprepared for a torment that will make a day in Nairobi's refugee camp as pleasant as a serene resort in Palau.

In the coming days, we shall look deeply into the ailments of the soul, how to diagnose them, how to cure them and how to regularly check up on the vital signs of deterioration fo the spiritual values that justifies our existence on this planet in the first place.

InshaAllah, we will take you to a tour behind the clinics doors to show you how we are preparing to receive spiritual patients who are in dire need to be seen and treated.

till then, please pass the word to your family and friends, e-Nuri Doctors will even make house calls for those sick Nomads unable to visit the clinic for an extra fee, a Duaa.

Please take the following self test:

1. If you find out today that you have six months to live from your Doctor, what would be your priorities?

2. How much time and effort do you spend about your own desires compared to wellbeing of the needy, relatives and humanity in general?

3. Your prayers are the litmus test of first defense line against Satan, how are they? quantity and quality?

.................... ..........to be continued

Nur

2005 e-Nuri Spiritual Healing Clinics

When Part of You Is dying.

oz_girl   

wasn't satan created to keep people in check?

if we blame statan for our misdeeds/sins are we just not relieving ourselves of responsibility?

why would god create fallible beings and make it even that much harder by putting satan in the mix?

Nur   

Oz Girl,

I really respect your candid admission of faithlessness, doubt and confusion, few Nomads on these boards have such guts, now let us tackle your questions.

To treat your problem professionally, please explain to me how you have lost your faith ( Muslim, Christian, Jewish, Buddhist, Hidnu, Falun-Gong) , if you had a faith, what was it, I mean the quality? how were you raised? what did you believe about God, Satan and the next life?

The better you describe your condition, the better I can attempt to help you, if that is what you are looking for. Be as frank as possible.

Nur

N.O.R.F   

Oz Girl, thanks for the questions, much appreciated. I think it is important that we re-visit the basic tenets of Islam before we get to answer your questions. I ask that you stay patient and read carefully and reflect on what will be posted here.

read this

oz_girl   

i grew up in a muslim household, went to a muslim school and have only had muslim friends.

i was wat u would call a somali-muslim instead of a Muslim. i followed the somali version of islam if you get my drift.

No one in my family fasts or prays or does anything remotely islamic. however they dont question the religion but don't adhere to its rules. the women in my family cover up but that is the extent of their islamic-like adherence.

I began asking questions when i decided to truly follow the religion. so wen i began looking into islam i immediately regretted having begun the search.

everything seemed so alien and unjust to me and the answers seemed convenient and insincere.

i believe in god but not in the islamic sense.

i believe god belongs to everyone and shouldn't be exclusively ours.

i dont think satan exists. i believe he is a concoction of man to prevent people from asking questions.

i can't get my mind around an afterlife that promises safety to one group and misery to another.

it does not make sense to be put on earth to pass a test that you never really stood a chance of passing only to be punished for slight misdemeanors.

And I’m sick to death of people closing discussions with god knows best because that is not a good enough answer.

How do we know the prophet said these things? Is it not possible people could have fiddled with the quran? Is it not possible that the witnesses could have misheard or misinterpreted what the prophet said?

Why can’t we apply the quran to today’s standards? Why would god prevent us from evolving?

Does he want us to follow rulings that were created for a different era and apply it to our current situation?

"i believe in god but not in the islamic sense."

God is God, there is no Islamic or other sense.

"i believe god belongs to everyone and shouldn't be exclusively ours."

Am pretty the islamic view God would agree with you, we all belong to him

"i dont think satan exists. i believe he is a concoction of man to prevent people from asking questions." Why is that of any significance you? wither he does or does not? to your faith?

"i can't get my mind around an afterlife that promises safety to one group and misery to another." I quick look at what the koran has to say about other will tell you that is not so.

# 5:69 (Asad) for, verily, those who have attained to faith [in this divine writ], as well as those who follow the Jewish faith, and the Sabians, [86] and the christians - all who believe in God and the Last Day and do righteous deeds - no fear need they have, and neither shall they grieve.

"it does not make sense to be put on earth to pass a test that you never really stood a chance of passing only to be punished for slight misdemeanors.

And I’m sick to death of people closing discussions with god knows best because that is not a good enough answer."

Can you think of better reason to life a short and for most of humanity a misrableone

"How do we know the prophet said these things? Is it not possible people could have fiddled with the quran? Is it not possible that the witnesses could have misheard or misinterpreted what the prophet said?"

this is where faith kicks in and often the case that you either have or not but if you don't, think these, nothing will happen to you for not believing when there is no afterlife but you will be punished for not believing if there is on. The better bet is on believing anyways wither there is one or not.

"Why can’t we apply the quran to today’s standards? Why would god prevent us from evolving?

Does he want us to follow rulings that were created for a different era and apply it to our current situation?" Who told you can't and why listen to these people?

Ignorance is unacceptable brother. If u dont believe in Islam, then leave it alone and go some where else where u can roll with your kind.

I just wonder why some people from certain area of somali dizz their own tradition and religon. Must be gene problem related issues.

Dear Sister,

First of all I want to applaud you for seeking out answers for at least you want to save your life for it is precious and sad to waste like so many people who don’t believe anymore. Typically at some point something happened in your life that caused a disconnect. EX. the lack of Islamic practice in your household and the lack of sufficient information and knowledge. Your relationship with Allah is the most important and most fragile relationship you’ll ever have because it demands total submission. So dear, I hope you regain your faith in HIM.

if god is merciful then why would he send his non-muslim creations to hell?

First of all dear sis, this world is God’s. He created it for us to get a sort of fair trial. God created us and with it gave us the freedom to choose who we want to be. In the mean time, he promised us we can run as wild should we choose to not believe in him despite his effort to prove his existence through many, many miracles we call living. Also, he sent messengers. But the deal is should you choose to deny him, which means you failed the trial and chose to ignore your maker, you'll answer to HIM in the next life.

BTW, Islam is not the only religion that holds this beleive dear.

why are so many people doomed to hell for little infringements?

What do you call little infringements? For instance, Alcohol Consumption is regarded a sin that will land you in HEll.You might look at it and say, oh it is nothing. It's just a drink besides I aint harming no one right? So why should I go Hell for it? But take another look at the Western world we live in and you will just see how much it disrupts so many lives from addiction, stealing, child abuse, child neglect, homicides, rape,Drunk-Driving accidents, etc. People who commit these ugly crimes are upstanding good citizens whose downfall was that they were under the influence unable to make sound decisions for themselves at the time. But wait a minute not everyone becomes Addicted, right? Maybe but even if you're not clinically addicted, you're spending time and hard-earned money on something thats harmful to your body. THIS IS THE MESSAGE OF ISLAM. YOU'RE SACRED. Use the body and the amazing mind you're given to improve your life here and hereafter!

why are there so many guidelines and procedures to following islam?

Because it is a way of life. A fail-proof lifestyle that gurantees satisfaction. Everything you need to know on how to conduct your bussiness in this life and score better for the next one is here. As typical, the Model for great plan is ACTION BEFORE REACTION.

I would advise you to soul search. Find what it is you're doubting and get answers. A great way to do that is do research, read books, listen to Islamic Lectures in English( I say this because I have a feeling you wont enjoy Somali ones because they tend to lecture to beleivers only)meditate, find an Islamic scholar or even a mentor. Stay away from things that cause more doubt and confusion like the negative media attention or listening to lectures or people who want to disprove God but who are also as confused as you are.

This is a holly month and it brings with it many miracles. Maybe get up early in the morning or late at night and just meditate. Speak to God and just focus on the feeling of being relaxed and write down your feelings afterward.

GOOD LUCK. You can drop me a PM if you like. I hope you find your way home.

Such interesting questions asked with such open honestly and sincerity, I hope you find comfort in the fact that every-single muslim (those who aren't intellectually lazy-the kind that hate to question because they fear the answer) has gone through more or less the same feelings and questions in which you have raised at or more times in their life. Its entirely normal and natural for the human spirit to question and thus rebel against things which are beyond their comprehension. Such is the uniqueness and pecularity of our very creations. You don't see the Angels rebeling do you?

I shall return later on this evening for a more detailed responce, for now I must to work. But before I leave I'd like to say.

Rudy-DIiriye- Such arrogance and hostility towards a sister who clearly requires the help of her fellow brothers and sister is absolutely unacceptable. You shame only yourself when you speak in such callously dismissive terms. Islam teaches you to love for others what you indeed love for yourself and if your are so fortunate as to be utterly secure in your own faith then should you not wish that for your sister? And thus help those who are struggling a little with it? If not? Then may I respectfully ask that you keep quiet in such matters because its people like you who can truly tip a person off their axis.

N.O.R.F   

Oz Girl,

You have mentioned sinning a few times. Sinning in done by all Muslims (no one is perfect) and it is something that should be taken seriously. Your questioning of it show that you take it seriously and want to understand Islam's view on sin. In Islam, when one sins it does not mean he/she is going to hell and that there is no coming back. It does not mean they are banished for the rest of there lives and that there is no point in carrying on believing. No, no. Allah (SWT) is, as stated many times in the Quran, oft forgiving. One of Allah’s names is ‘Al Rahmaan’ (The Merciful).

Allah (SWT) is willing to forgive sins as long as he/she who sinned;

a) recognises the sin

b) asks for forgiveness

c) stays away from sinning (very difficult)

It is a constant life-time battle and not a one off thing. In the Quran Allah (SWT) says:

“and ask God to forgive you your sins: for, verily, God is much-forgiving, a dispenser of grace” (2:199)

It is therefore very important to UNDERSTAND that once you sin IT IS NOT the end of your life as you knew it. It is not something that banishes you to hell. Life is a constant test. He/she who passes this test will be among those in heaven.

Hope I made sense.

Now, how do you try to erase your sins you ask? Try and xix what has been done?

Disclaimer: The poster's opinion only.