Sign in to follow this  
OdaySomali

My petty Somalis - Demography is Destiny - hadaad dalshishaeeye joogtaan, damiir la'aan

Although the drought was severe, this was an entirely man-made famine - the perennial surface water was there, the underground water reserves were there, food and aid could have been imported but could not be distributed due to our divisions. It could happen again next or the year after if nothing is done and our political, social economic situations remain unchanged. hundreds of thousands still live in squalor in IDP and have lost all their livelihoods. The images are forgotton all too soon but the results of the famine remain.

6805674733_28c4ecc5f4_b.jpg

somalia-famine-refugees-02.jpg

APTOPIX%20%20Kenya%20East%20Africa%20Fam

pb-110712-somalia-famine1-6a.photoblog90

2011827135935319371_8.jpg

Somali children sing at the Kabasa IDP camp Child Friendly Space in Dollow, Somalia.

"When I was a little boy

My mother woke me up

I brush my teeth

I call my Ayeeo

I take my bag

I go to school

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen, twenty..."

KDF rampage in Garissa, NFD.

At least eight people have been shot and more than 50 wounded in an army crackdown in the north-eastern Kenyan town of Garissa, officials say.

A student told the BBC soldiers had shot at pupils waiting to go into an exam at a school near a military base.

It was the second day of violence after the killing of three soldiers by gunmen in town that borders Somalia, where Islamist militants are based.

Reporters say scores of troops beat and detained residents.

Kenyan Defence Minister Mohammed Yusuf Haji has told the BBC he did not authorise the army action in Garissa, which is about 350km (215 miles) north-east of the capital Nairobi.

3brRA.jpg

'Ghost town'

Dr Musa Mohammed, the medical superintendent of Garissa Provincial Hospital, told the BBC that following "skirmishes" on Monday, 45 patients were admitted - two of whom had gunshot wounds.

The hospital received another 15 casualties, including three boys, on Tuesday morning.

"Out of them six are gunshot injuries - they are undergoing treatment. Currently up to now nobody has been reported dead," Dr Mohammed said.

The Kenya Red Cross Society (KRCS) said it had recorded that one person had died in the violence and that a blood donation area had been set up to help treat the wounded.

On Tuesday morning, the medial aid charity said in a statement that it had "rescued four males, four females and two children, eight of them being gunshot casualties".

Soldiers are also reported to have gone into a school and shot at students.

Hussein Yarow Ali, the head boy at County High School, told the BBC soldiers came into the school at 0900.

"We were waiting exam, we heard a lot of tension from the students - after a few moments two students were injured," he said.

"The one who was shot in the hand - he was in front of the class, he was just revising for the exam that he was waiting [for]."

Residents say Garissa has been like a ghost town on Tuesday, with all businesses and government offices closed and soldiers patrolling the streets.

Garissa's main market was set alight on Monday.

There have been several recent attacks on Kenyan security personnel in Garissa, which have been blamed on the Somali militant group al-Shabab.

Garissa and nearby parts of Kenya are mainly populated by ethnic Somalis.

Kenya sent troops across the border last year to fight al-Shabab but its forces have since been merged with the African Union force in Somalia.

The military says the soldiers who were shot were part of the AU mission in Somalia.

They were killed as they fixed a puncture on their truck, and the gunmen escaped into the crowds of people who gathered after the shooting.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-20412594

53553545282344144308413.jpg

A Somali man (front L) runs away from a group of youth throwing stones as break into a Somali shop in the background during the second day of skirmishes in the Eastleigh

In Eastleigh, mobs marauded through the streets chanting "Somalis must go!"

Tallaabo   

OdaySomali;891773 wrote:
kenya-nairobi-riots10.jpg?w=940&h=611

Although this picture depicts an unfortunate episode of violence and civil unrest, I am ashamed to confess it still makes me giggle. It shows when the maryoolay go bananas they really go bananas;)

Girl trafficked from Somalia to the UK had organs harvested'

A girl was trafficked from Somalia into the UK to have her organs harvested, it has been revealed.

The case - believed to be the first of its kind in Britain - was revealed in a Government report which found the number of people being smuggled into the UK has risen by more than 50 per cent in the past year.

In total, 371 children were trafficked, including 95 from Vietnam, 67 from Nigeria and 25 from China, according to the review.

The girl's organs were taken with the intention of selling them to someone requiring a transplant.

Child protection charities warned the shocking case is unlikely to be an isolated incident.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/girl-trafficked-somalia-uk-to-2473440

Odey   

Ok, we get it, you don't like yourself lately. fine, denounce your somali citizenship and move on, better yet go get some therapy if you are a yank. Crap!, I forgot, you can't can you?. Even if you denounce it, you still look the same when you look at the mirror in the morning- a Somali!.

Live with it!. and give us a break, we all know how bad we are for crying out loud.

Odey   

Mad_Mullah;982251 wrote:
Odey stop crying like a little girl, this stuff happens, ignoring it and watching Niiko videos won't change it.

Is that what you do all the time....watching those videos?. tut tut tut.....