Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

Can you leave a clan?

Carafaat   

Has anyone ever thought about leaving their clan? Just back your bags and just resign, like you would resign a unsatisfactory job?

If so, is there a guideline on how to resign or quite? are there certain conditions? what are the risks?

Carafaat   

bro, family aint the same as qabiil anymore. families dont have a political objective, qabiils have a political vieuw, strategy, leaders, etc.

What if you dont share the clan's political ideology and strategy? try to change it or leave it?

One doesn't have to denounce his/her qabiil publicly. You just have to distance you self from thier political objective.

Even if you dennounce it, you stil known for it. All you can do is , stay away as far as you can.

Carafaat;773795 wrote:
you removed the OG from your avatar. did you get married?

No I didn't get married, I would never get married that fast I have fear of commitment. I realised it was against the rules as I went through the forum rules.

Carafaat;773803 wrote:
what is against the rules?

Come on are you telling me your not aware of the forum rules. According to the forum rules you can't use clan names and OG is a clan name.

Garnaqsi   

Carafaat;773770 wrote:
Can you leave a clan?

Yes, because most historians attest that Somali tribes -- or at least those which pertain to certain mythical origins -- are social constructions. People think they belong to tribe x where x is an imaginary father figure whose invention was necessitated by the social conditions of the given time. In this sense leaving a clan will be more or less like abandoning a cult. So be careful -- you might even be considered an apostate in a tribalistic sense.