Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Ceelcade of Gedo Decimated by Unknown Foreign Fighter Jets

Gabbal   

Yunis-

Cease the baseless misinformation resulting from emotionalism. No one should ever agree with airstrikes or support their use against our people but the reality must be acknowledged. Why are there no strikes in Beled-Hawo, Dollow, Luuq, Garbaharey, etc? It is because an internationally attributed terrorist organization is not in control there. These foreigners do not care about our civilians but it would be dishonest to say they are only just now attempting drone attacks in Somalia, and in Shabab-occupied territory no less, for the sake of killing a Somali Shepard and his flock. The drones, strikes, foreign military interference, etc are all a reaction and a symptom perpetuated by the existence of an internationally attributed terrorist organization and their physical manifestation in the land.

As soon as the rainy season is over towns on the banks of the jubba river will be cleansed from the Shabab. A year and a half was waited to cleanse Shabab from northern Gedo. Three months waiting out the rainy season is paltry sum to clean Shabab from southern Gedo and the Jubba Valley. Then and only then will these drone attacks and strikes be stopped from having the legitimacy of targeting our people.

Xiin-

You have no legitimacy in this discussion and I will not entertain your charades. There is no one amongst the Somali race who is more of an enemy of these people than the likes of you.

Baashi   

Gabbal;764525 wrote:

Xiin-

You have no legitimacy in this discussion and I will not entertain your charades. There is no one amongst the Somali race who is more of an enemy of these people than the likes of you.

Wow! Easy Gabbal. Relax bud.

Xiin,

Awoowe waa nala sitaa oo belo iyo baas baa nalaga adeejiyay. The funny thing is Kelligii Muslim crew have already melted away. Now what? Hit places they are known to have stayed few moons ago?

Do they have leadership with enough credibility that can negotiate on movement behalf? This madness got to stop awoowe.

Allow sahal

Gabbal;764525 wrote:

Xiin-

You have no legitimacy in this discussion and I will not entertain your charades.
There is no one amongst the Somali race who is more of an enemy of these people than the likes of you.

Apparently Gabal is a sufferer of extreme emotions :D . I could find not other way to explain such outbursts.

Baashi,

Nimanka alshabaab waa nasiib badanyihiin---markaad is tiraahdo maantaa alla kashifay ba faraj baa u furma. Kenya provided another life line for them waa kuwaa hadda soo laba kacleeyey

gooni   

Waxaan u malaynayaa in gabal is barayo ragii hore iyo kuwa cusub arintuse waxay ku fiicnaan lahayd in qof kastoo soomaaliya xaq u yeesho inuu fara galiyo meeshuu doono oo somaaliya ka mida, waanse garan karaa inuusan gabal wali qorigiisa xabadaha ka saarin ama keeb la yuurur, bal amaanka u xir inta tima cade geela soo xaraynayo

Gedo waa gobol aad u weyn oo godod badan roob iyo roob la'aan wey adag tahay in nimaan aqoon guul ka keeno.

kiinyaatiguna khibrad dagaal cir iyo dhulba malahan laga yaabee inuu shacab iska xasuuqo( laa samaxa lah)

Yunis   

Gabbal;764525 wrote:
Yunis-

Cease the baseless misinformation resulting from emotionalism. No one should ever agree with airstrikes or support their use against our people but the reality must be acknowledged. Why are there no strikes in Beled-Hawo, Dollow, Luuq, Garbaharey, etc? It is because an internationally attributed terrorist organization is not in control there. These foreigners do not care about our civilians but it would be dishonest to say they are only just now attempting drone attacks in Somalia, and in Shabab-occupied territory no less, for the sake of killing a Somali Shepard and his flock. The drones, strikes, foreign military interference, etc are all a reaction and a symptom perpetuated by the existence of an internationally attributed terrorist organization and their physical manifestation in the land.

As soon as the rainy season is over towns on the banks of the jubba river will be cleansed from the Shabab. A year and a half was waited to cleanse Shabab from northern Gedo. Three months waiting out the rainy season is paltry sum to clean Shabab from southern Gedo and the Jubba Valley. Then and only then will these drone attacks and strikes be stopped from having the legitimacy of targeting our people.

There is no real sense in arguing with someone who sees these air/drone attacks as a method of cleansing al shabaab from Gedo with no evidence, and you can also categorize my views on these unfortunate events as baseless emotional outbursts – but I must say one thing. The facts remain that there is no Kenyan campaign of removing “international terrorist group” from Gedo, but a show of force, an empty bravado to prove to the world that Kenya is regional power and ready to claim its share of Somali’s proxy wars.

Is Kenya willing or able to put its boots on the ground in Gedo and Jubba valley for the painful sacrifice that’s required? Will Kenya have the capacity for a sustain ground force in Gedo for long period of time?. Talking tough is all well – but what entity that you speak of so confidently, that will in three months avenge against al-shabab in Gedo? Is it those Ethiopian backed, TFG affiliated ragtag bunch in the towns you cited, who can’t’ secure supplies between Balad-xaawo and Garbaharey? Those TFG affiliated group’s own legitimacy was gained as a result of the captive communities who were infuriated by al-shabaab intransigents, a sentiment that will reverse itself if air strikes continue against the innocent. It’s a great pity that any sensible person would contemplate that civilian air bombardment or leaderless band of fighters at the behest of their foreign pay masters will ensure a successful pacification of Al-shaab from Gedo.

The Al shabaab menace should be removed from Gedo and the rest of Somalia, but the likelihood outcome of this air bombardment that so far only targeted civilians will only result as a recruitment tool to extend life for the shabaabs. This will embolden and reinvigorate al-shabaab, to a Gedo community that has been feeling the pinch of political despair and disconnect for years.

Those seeds of political disconnect in Gedo go back to Etihad period, a long drawn-out internal conflict that pinned in-laws against one another, a father against son, and on a notorious single day mayhem in 1996 - a day in which over 232 lost their lives between those backed by Ethiopia and those who were fighting for Etihad. It’s this backdrop, which this region luckily haven’t’ seen since - and doesn’t need again.

Gabbal   

Yunis, it is quite obvious which side of the fence you are on and I suppose it would be pointless to continue this discussion further. I shall leave with you, however, that even though no reer Gedo individual wants foreign military planes bombing their land and people, the majority stock of the group do realize what facilitates such actions and have moved on in decisively opposing the entity that brought the legitimacy that allows foreign powers to use such equipment. It is what perpetuates the use of US drone attacks in Dhooblay. Tomahawk missiles in Merka and Dhuusa-mareeb, and South African supplied state of the art armored personnel carriers in KM 4 in Mogadishu. Ceel-Cadde is not unique; this is an entire southern problem greater than a single town or region.

Lax walba meeshay is dhigtaa lagu qalaa. Why is Hargeisa not bomed? Why isn''t Garowe, Gaalkacyo, why isn't Caabudwaaq, Beled-Xaawo and Dollow bombed? Why is Dhusa-mareb, Merka, Ceel-Cadde, Dhooblay bombed and Xamar an experiment for South African tanks that have contract in supplying AMISOM?

It is alright theoretically saying..."well, recent Somali history says this, so Shabab-support will expand now as a result of this." Nay; in fact, go talk to the people, go chance the land; the people want nothing to do with Shabab whose leadership they have experienced and despise and whose calls of nationalism now fall on deaf ears. These warplanes bring death to the ground, but the people are well aware only because of Shabab, an entity they have seen and despise, is there legitimacy to use those instruments of war against them. It is not only in Gedo but in Jubba, in Mogadishu, and Dhusa-mareb. The theoretical argument is not yielding practical developments laying the rationalization as irrelevant.

Awoowe you have brought nothing more than a naive man's sentimental impracticality at best and a child's defense at worst for disavowing the realization of singular authority of blame that the Shabaab deserve and as such I ask you to recollect your senses and either wake up from your primitive sentimentality or simply come out of the closet.

As for the charade inspired by our friend Xiin; the man's singular interest in southern Somalia is Kismaayo and Shabab-occupied Gedo is a positive development in his book. It is why he would be the first to defend the drone attacks against Salah Nabhan in the Benadir Coast and AMISOM's brutal urban campaign, whether internationally sanctioned or not, in Benadir but will come crawling to you in the name of Somalinimo if he hears any resistance or international movements (the same one he supports elsewhere in the nation) against Shabaab in the southern-most regions.

Who knows if you are even rer Gedo, but whatever the case may be, from the overwhelming majority of this group, you will find the sentiments I have expressed resonating with the majority outside of the extreme minority who are Shabab-sympathizers.

No one is happy that any power is militarily in the land or that air attacks have become a recent phenomenon, but the existence of Shabaab facilitated such legitimacy and does so throughout all the areas in Somalia where they exist. People realize this. There are both practical and theoretical evidence for this and some have been presented. Let the rainy season end; Shabaab will no longer bring warplanes to the House of Garad Matan. I assure you that much.

^^Same words were spoken before by none other than your hero Barre Hiiraale, if you care to remember Gabal :D

'Yuhuudaanu soo kaxaysanaynaa haddaan doono si aanu....'

Nonsense

Gabbal   

Barre Hiiraale has nothing to do with the discussion but then again, him being your boogeyman, I suppose his name was meant to lodge itself in the discourse somewhere. I do hope you are done with pretenses now. EmoticonWink.gif

Gabbal;764989 wrote:
Barre Hiiraale has nothing to do with the discussion but then again, him being your boogeyman,
EmoticonWink.gif

Really :D

Forgive me if your nonsense reminds one about the defeated warlord. Perhaps it is more apparent than you think that your clannish perspective and political naivete are so Barre-like and outlandish.

Yunis   

Gabbal,

You’re still not able to snap out of your verbal tirades of cheap shots and personalized attacks, it’s now whether I am an authentic reer Gedo, disguised skeletons in the closet with hidden agenda or a manservant for other cyber personas. All of that for what? That, because of differences in opinion on what the ramifications of air/drone bombardment mean for the people of Gedo?

Earlier on - I was fairly certain, this was a mere initiation on your part, an empty ceremonial double-barrelled cyber shotgun of sizing up someone for having an informed opinion on matters of foreign interference in Gedo, and was never about a substantive discussion. – then with yourself anointed intuition of all things Gedo authority it became clear, with your lingering insinuation of how can someone claiming to have roots from the plains of kaayaneen, raamo-raaxo or grazing pastures of diirhara have different view point, and dare to put this region and its people at a discussion disadvantage especially in front of its adversaries on these boards.

No moderate amount of convincing will solidify your intolerance of different opinions and objective viewpoints with regards to Gedo, and conveying the attitude that somehow making an opposing point of view equates part of adversaries of reer Gedo, that you seem to be fixated. Ease your paranoia, reer Gedo, dwellers in Juba’s, large portion of Mudug and rightful residences in all places Somalia do not require your brazen self sanctification to define who they are and their views.

That said, I will not succumb or engage myself this sort of tepid discussions with you any more - aside from energy and time wasted on these types of machismo spectacles to score points for entertainment, for the need to feed the spectator’s appetite for debate-ending fallacious attacks, whilst the folks back home grind with their chronic instability.