Sign in to follow this  
StarGazer

Muhammad: Legacy of a Prophet - Airing on Dec 18th on PBS

Asalaamalaikum,

Brothers and Sisters,

For those of you in North America, please try to watch this program and perhaps we can come back here to discuss what you thought of the show. smile.gif

Muhammad: Legacy of a Prophet

Airing on PBS

December 18, 2002

(Please check local PBS station for time)

For more info:

http://www.pbs.org/muhammad/

Bachelor   

shujui this channal is in USA Public Broadcasting Service(PBS). It one of the best and educational channal that i have seen. I have no idea how you can access but you go to their website..pbs.org.

For those who live in North America pay a close attention the day after this show, there might be a nasty backlash on Islam and the prophet. Just follow how the media reacts.

Dhimbil   

Tammy, thanks for the info!

--

I watched the show tonight, although i saw only half of the show, it was very informative. The show was presented very well and was convincing, also inspirational to watch. I enjoyed how they interwined the prophets life with contomprary life now. Hopefully a lot of non-muslims watched the show, because it will give them insight to the prophets life and islam.

*Can anyone confirm if everything on the show were correct?..not sure the accuracy of the whole show.

--

Bachelor

the hate mail already started, just chck mainstream media websites.

--

*Please nomads go show your support to 'pbs.org' so they can show and fund these kind of T.V programs in the near future.

Salaams,

I can't believe I missed it. Long story! :(

There's another program on tonite, try to catch it:

On Dec. 19, FRONTLINE rebroadcasts another much-discussed report from last season, "Muslims." Reporting from Iran, Nigeria, Malaysia, Turkey, and the U.S., this program chronicles the stories of Muslims struggling to define how Islam will shape their lives and societies.

I believe its on 10pm...but double check with ur local station!

Rokko   

This program started airing last night while I was doing somework related crab. I had a friend of mine whom I tried to explain about the our religion for many times. He happened to be there with us, so I had him sit and watch the whole serious..and to be honest with ya..he was moved by how our Prophet (PBH) struggled and convinced to many people to choose our religion..

At least now this guy understands about a bit specially how peaceful it can be when one practices the right way.

He told me he'll watch it again tonight..so good luck to him and those of you who haven't seen it.

Salaam

Hibo   

I watched the first program(Muhammad:Legacy of a Prophet), it was VERY good and educational for both Muslims and non-Muslims. Unlike many other shows broadcasted before, the information in this program seemed to be correct to my knowledge. I guess some of the points needed some more explanation to the viewer but I guess that is limited by the time constraint. I heard there was, still is, a pressure exerted on PBS not to air these kind of programs, so we are all encouraged to visit their Website(www.pbs.org) and compliment them for doing this great show, if you can donate to them, it would be good too. This will help ease the pressure from them

Abdinuur   

Muhammad (pbbuh): Legacy of a Prophet was an excellent program. Karen Armstrong did an excellent job describing the different events that took place during the Prophet's life. Man, she is very knowledgable woman and I wish she becomes a Muslim someday insha-Allah.

And listening to people who converted to Islam and their stories and experiences in Islam was very interesting. I think this gave a different perspective to non-Muslims who watched this program.

Dhegburo,

I think you're right. I am sure there was lot of pressure on PBS for airing this program or anything about Islam with a postive message. They always want to encourage the media to air something negative about Islam since this is a Christain country or whatever, but if they only knew you know.

Salaam and Happiness.

mojam   

Ma'shallah,

I saw the show last Sunday. It was awesome, the prophets seera told as it was with no prejudice, no misleading additions, no racist comments.

This is not the first time PBS has broadcasted the truth about Islam eventhough there are many pressures surrounding them.

We should all support this channel and encourage it to keep broadcasting the truth, even when all other channels are blinded by prejudice and hate.

Wow!...can i say it again!...Needless to say, i thought the program was Magnificant and i enjoyed it very much.

But on a more serious note, i don't know if anyone heard it but some1 told me that some jewish groups (i don't know the names of the organizations..sorry) said that the program was an attempt to commercialize Islam!!!!...an attempt, they (Jewish sources) argue, to convert nonmuslims to our religion!...I mean...com'on..how absurd is that~!!!!..OUr religion dOES NOT NEED to be marketed!.. nor does it need to sold like an object!....

i mean..listen to this...According to Jewish sources, much of the content in the program was misrepresented and bais!!

I don't know about u guyz, but after hearing this i was furious and frustrated to say the very least.

There is a website, where we can voice our opinions about this matter but unfortunately i don't remember the website off-hand, but i will try my best, inshallah, to find it and post it.

until next time

Salaamz

p.s. there is an actual article reporting on this matter (just to let u guyz know that i didn't base my judgements on word-of-mouth!!)

I was soo furious. The station in my city was having a pledge drive which lasted for a duration of few days. :mad: I even called them up and voiced my concern>>>> ITS NOT FAIR!!!!!! (that's how desperate I was).There was nothing they could do for me but if I wanted to donate to feel free to do so. OH paleezeeeeee!

Seems like I missed a fantastic program, I might just order or better yet if any of y'all recorded the programs why not pass it my way :D

Salaan...

Originally posted by Tamina:

I was soo furious. The station in my city was having a pledge drive which lasted for a duration of few days. :mad: I even called them up and voiced my concern>>>> ITS NOT FAIR!!!!!! (that's how desperate I was).There was nothing they could do for me but if I wanted to donate to feel free to do so. OH paleezeeeeee!

Didn't I tell you to come and watch with me? And it wasn't about the station, it was about your JIIB telefashin. I told you years ago to throw that one out. But, baqeelnimaa kugu dishay saas. Hakaa saarto. Midkeyga kugu sadaqeysan doonaa on this Xaj. :D:D:D

Macsalaama!!

I Went to the link provided Tamina and the whilst i havent got the good fortune of having access to the film, the synopsis made me even more intrigued, and increased my desire to view this Film even more.

Walaahi it sounds like a very good Documentary that u nomads enjoyed.

I read ur various responses and all u nomads seem to agree that it gave a good and fair account of Life of our Noble prophet Muhmad SCW.

What impact do u guys think it will have on the Joe public there (average citzen)?

Certainly i wouldnt mind getting a copy of the film to see for myself. But being a Financial struck student i will wait and see if someone else buy's it first smile.gif