Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

Somali culture on the brink of Extinction.

Carafaat   

Our culture is on the brink of extinction. We have been warned for years by Abtigiis and folks to pick up arms and fight for the survival of our culture and people against the Xabashi invading our lands and the Xabasiation of our culture and our peoples. I am afraid Abtigiis was right all this time and we might be to late if we dont act now.

wacht the following horryfing video(36.30min) how Somali culture, tradition, dance is being butchered, sadly enough by our own peoples. Ilaahay ha noo gargaaro.

Somalia   

The woman's face is quite light :D

But moving on, I think it's quite funny Universal TV is talking about this when they promote the new artists who aren't using "traditional" flavour in their performances or music.

I like Aar Maanta, he's promoting traditional culture while Nimco Dareen... well lets just say she promotes something else.

I am indeed infuriated and indignant that we are impersonating and imitating Amxaaro ureyso maanta... Waa aduunyo gadoon iyo dhaqan guur. We are a proud people with long history and heritage so we should preserve our identity and pass it on to the next generation.... shame on Universal TV and Salem saciid for propagating and promoting such rubbish..... Somalia, I too like Aar and I think we need more of him to counter the constant assault on our culture from the Amxaaro.

Blessed   

Hayaay!! Those filthy Amxaaro are brainwashing our 50 year old entertainers now. Hoognay, ba'nay. Hide your awoowo, hide your eedo.

Meh!!

Yunis   

what is with the bitty outrage? an entire nation is getting chopped up into pieces in front of our eyes... and we are worried about Arts, heeso...

Carafaat   

Art is very important for every society in every stage they find them selves in. For example; A common usage of art is to show ideas. Art can shows ideas about the past, what has happened as of late, what is currently happening and what may happen in the future. Art can show ideas about society, something good or something bad. And lately Somali's tend to copy (bad) idea's from other communities, weather it is Ethiopian music, Pakistani clothes or wahabist customs from Saudi Arabia. While we should preserve the many good things of the Somali culture, weather music, clorthes, cultural and religious customs.

aero   

I've always felt that Somalis especially living in the qurbo are far too infatuated with other cultures i.e. Hindi, African American, Arab, etc. that they in the process of their infatuation have abandoned their own. They're easy to sway. I've eyeballed some who are even embarrassed to be seen any where near Somalida which really piss me the hell off but anywho.

Culture does not always have to stay archaic and ancient. Culture evolves with the people and times. As much as it hurts me to see this, I can't help but to accept it.

Ours is a stoic, family-centred, frugal nomadic culture full of virtues despite some serious flaws; Sudanese are close cousins while nearby Arabs are most similar. What can Hindi or Black ghettos cultures offer?

We could keep our macawis though but borrow the positive sides of Scandinavian, American quackers social and environmental activism, Cuban struggle for equality and top public services alongside frugality or Asian discipline.

It's mothers role, particularly, to incalculate self-confidence and pride in the best of one's background; Somali culture and Islamic teachings are deeply intertwinned and reinforce each other...

aero   

I enjoy listening to Aar Maanta's tracks. Beats listening to the many auto-tuned tone deaf Somali singers out there. Just a random thought, doesn't Aar Maanta look like an offshoot of Ginuwine? I always wondered qofku shabaho.

ginuwine_bio.jpg161920_155349963859_7073134_n.jpg