Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Hotel SSC

Abtigiis   

The best of friends from SSC region can’t agree on an order for tea in their own restaurants. So, naturally you do not expect them to agree on a single political goal and strategy. That is not unique to them if you ask me. Somalis and Somali clans are divided. One good thing I see these days is that unlike Ngonge’s mantra ‘clan is everything’; actually ‘interest is everything’ is becoming the new norm and modus operandi for Somali politicians. I like that, because clan is rigid but interest is an elastic concept, one that has both time dimension and room for considerations.

However, no one is divided and fragmented as the SSC. They are divided into three groups in geographiy and political orientations. Pro-Puntland, pro-Somaliland, pro-SSC. But within each group, there are further divisions. The only place I see them united is in SOL. They are united in agony and cynicism about anything. They are also united on Somali unity. They are unionists to the bone and that is the defining feature of the people of the SSC. They are usually truculent and fast to act. If you want to engage in cheeky kaftan, you should keep your dentists in stand-by before the talk session. And you may never know what made them angry in the first place. This is a land where tolerance is cowardice, and truculence bravery.

Their politicians are the best pay-phones Somalia has ever produced. They only talk if you insert coins and only up to the time your balance is over. The biggest and state of art brand of these SSC pay-phones is called ‘Xaabsade AC’. The next best item in the market is called ‘Sandulle 900”. But they also have mobile gadgets, such as ‘Xaglatoosiye’ which is portable, with tiny antennas and said to be loved by the ladies.

Their biggest export is entertainment. SSC is home to SADO Ali,a fiercely nationalist and astoundingly beautiful (at least in the days it mattered for her) artsist. But SSC does not only export SADO's DVDs. There are equally entertaining political artists called Khusuusi which can also be read as Qusuusi, or can even be taken as khuquusi. This comes in the form of Nintendo game that plays hide and seek in dry villages, surrounded by marauding hostile militias. If you don’t fancy it, you can find Playstation 3 material by Garad Jamac. This comes in nice drama by a good orator but poor doer. If none of this entertain you, you can opt for live native cricket (a 5 year series, with 500 overs for each elder) called khaatumo. It is a series. And so far Volume 1 and 2 are in the market.

,,,to be continued…

Somalia   

Abtigiis;761229 wrote:

Their politicians are the best pay-phones Somalia has ever produced. They only talk if you insert coins and only up to the time your balance is over. The biggest and state of art brand of these SSC pay-phones is called ‘Xaabsade AC’. The next best item in the market is called ‘Sandulle 900”. But they also have mobile gadgets, such as ‘Xaglatoosiye’ which is portable, with tiny antennas and said to be loved by the ladies.

tumblr_lkpt0fj5dp1qjae8bo1_400.gif

Their politicians are the best pay-phones Somalia has ever produced. They only talk if you insert coins and only up to the time your balance is over. The biggest and state of art brand of these SSC pay-phones is called ‘Xaabsade AC’. The next best item in the market is called ‘Sandulle 900”. But they also have mobile gadgets, such as ‘Xaglatoosiye’ which are portable, with tiny antennas.

Loool, I couldn't help but laugh at this description. But is this the case of the pot calling the kettle black. The SSC may be the Kashmiri's of a two phantom state but you are Kashmir of real countries. You produced people like Jess and Ghandi and prison wardens like the retards Farah Macalin and Abdi Iley. Which is better your description of the SSC above or what Duke calls "Prisoners and prison wardens"...

Ikacay o ikacay, dhiga ikacay, sidee wax uga sheegtay SSC adigo long-footed ah :D

Abtigiis   

Oodweyne;761251 wrote:
Mr. Abtigiis
:D

In other words,
"political confusion"
aside, they are a proud Somalis, that, one could still be grateful that we still produce folks who are the finest specimen in which Somalis could be, in-terms of generosity of spirit, valor at the battlefield, honor in dealing with others; and lastly, a teeming beautiful ladies, ..

True. But they are the biggest joke in the Somali politics. Everytime I see their websites it is about one side of them shooting down an initiative by one of their own. Given that they are the most patriotic Somalis, who whole-heartedly support the struggle of the Somali-galbeed people, I always wish them good. But I am getting frustrated nowadays. How can a small SNM clique ransack their towns using stooges for years and all they can do is fight back with a serious of "consultative meetings" and non-existent entities with funny names like Khusuusi?!

Qandalaawi, those you are talking about ( the people Saalax is saying have unique liking for powder-milk) :D are people still colonized. The context is different. But the majority of the people know what they want and are fighting for it. There is a direction, whether that will be achived or not is a different matter. In the case of SSC, do you dispute their direction is as direct as the urine a running she-camel draws on a sandy field?

NGONGE   

This thread came a tad late, A&T. You should have started it when my SSC thread was started. This way, the kids would have come to you and the serious ones would have come to me.

p.s.

My thread was better. :D

i prefer ssc Hotel over Ngonge and his predicament but political confusion comes when people scream unity but can't unite their own Clan they scream tol unity but Can't share a single administration with their closest tribesmen ,there must be something really wrong there.

Abtigiis   

NG, where is your thread? still, this is a different dimension. :D This covers the entertainment commodity and fighting through 'robust and deliberative conferences'. :D How people who do not blink to slap you if you spill a drop of hot tea on their toes by mistake, so sheepishly watch the occupation of Las Anod defies logic, mathematics and Darwiish baala-xoofto combined.

Dear Oodweyne,

We can be accused of being neither here nor there as far as having a coherent 'state' structure is concerned. We cannot be accused of not having a direction or focus. People are firmly behind the liberation drive, a drive that has not died down for over 4 full decades. Very few could muster such tenacity facing one of the mightiest army in Africa, supported by the West. Let us not forget that.

NGONGE   

Abtigiis, these SSC groups that are split three ways, how are they split and according to what rules? Is it according to the city they live in or the charm of the leader they follow? Do those following Xaabsade originate from the same sub clan as he who leads the SSC fighters for example? Tell me ninyaho, I need to make sure that my Q is E theory is wrong here. :D

Abtigiis;761259 wrote:
True. But they are the biggest joke in the Somali politics. Everytime I see their websites it is about one side of them shooting down an initiative by one of their own. Given that they are the most patriotic Somalis, who whole-heartedly support the struggle of the Somali-galbeed people, I always wish them good. But I am getting frustrated nowadays. How can a small SNM clique ransack their towns using stooges for years and all they can do is fight back with a serious of "consultative meetings" and non-existent entities with funny names like Khusuusi?!

Abtigiis, it just so happens that we are a peaceful lot. We react to situations rather than anticipate them (albeit react in speedy efficient ways when push comes to shove). What can I say, we trusted our affairs to crooks and in that regard we are not any different to other Somalis. :D

I would have shared your frustrations this time last year. However in November 2011, the SSC people are in a better position than they have been in the last 20 years. These consultive meetings you scoff at have been prepared from the grassroots level. If you have been following the preprations you would have known that almost every sub-sub-sub laf has been endorsing the Khaatumo2 conference following their own meetings. Consequently, this might be the only time we can safely say that the SSC crowd is 'tight as a tiger'.

Also Xaabsade and his ilk have finally been left out in the cold. They mean nothing to dadka iyo deegaanka ey ka yimaadeen.

An Official Defects From Somaliland Government

Hargeisa(hadhwanaagtimes) An official has reportedly defected from the government of Somaliland republic led by President Ahmed Mahamoud Silanyo.

Reliable sources confirmed to Hadhwanaag Times that the general director of Somaliland’s minister of religion and endowments sheikh Ibrahim Ismail Mohamed defected with a lot of money and little luxury car.

It is still unknown why he did so. But Hadhwanaag Times was not able to get through the minister of religious affairs to comment on the issue.

The director is the second officer to defect from the government of Somaliland under the leadership of Silanyo.

The Somaliland government has not released any comments about the defection of that official so far.

Hadhwanaag Times

Abtigiis   

looool! who would have thought Val is from SSC. Add Malika too. And I think I have to revise my assumption about SSC temperament. I mean I can understand Malika, she never lived there, so you expect her to behave different. But Val is so clam, one wouldn't think she has any SSC blood. Now I see. But then these women are the exception rather than the rule. It is Abdikhadar who has real SSC blood. That he is not going to kill me here is only because he realizes I am not an enemy to SSC people. But I can see the man has a true SSC blood. :D

I still refuse to take Val's assertion about more cohesion coming to the SSC. I heard Beesha J. S catagorically saying they are not represented and they don't endorse the Khaatumo series. By the way, what is this fixation with Kha? The other time it was Khusuusi. Now, Khaatumo. And is Khaatumo meant to be the climax of the whole thing, hence the name? The real challenge is not whether the SSC can come out with one voice from the Khaatumo conferences. The real issue is will they maintain that one voice for a week or two? because of the speedy and efficient way of responding to issues, the likelihood is when a small matter goes wrong, someone will quickly react and give an interview to the BBC and sundry, saying "arinta hebel wado, hawl Dh.ul.ba. something u dhan yahay ma aha! kuma jirto beeshayadu!"

Reliable sources confirmed to Hadhwanaag Times that the general director of Somaliland’s minister of religion and endowments sheikh Ibrahim Ismail Mohamed defected with a lot of money and little luxury car.

He did it? And he is from the journey people you mean? :D He will defect back to SL after two seasons, this time the bad news will be announced from Garowe. Does the SSC acronym stand for Sii-socod, Soo socod, Celcelis??????

LoL...well, who knows. Maybe that certain beel will come around by next month. Things move fast.

As for temperament, where did you get this idea that we are all hot-blooded? Khadar comes across as pretty calm.