Sign in to follow this  
Somalia

Somaliland's Female Mutilation Most Dangerous

Somalia   

This is another issue that has plagued all of Somalia, however, the practice of a more dangerous form of this heinous act is taking a toll in the secessionist region of Somaliland, which declared its independence in 1991.

It has yet to gain the recognition of a single country, in a world where we have 193 countries, surely these acts cannot help its cause.

Female genital mutilation (FGM) is almost universal in Somalia and infibulation
, the most dangerous form of FGM, is still practised, especially in Somaliland, which ignores existing regulations
. In 1972, the government established a policy to eradicate FGM: this action prompted strong social resistance and all efforts to combat the practice ended as government institutions crumbled.

Even though Somaliland has established the principal institutions to become a nation, it is not capable of adhering to regulations to prevent such acts, while Somalia has not had an effective government for over 20 years.

This shows there's no excuse for Somaliland turning a blind eye to such sickening acts.

http://genderindex.org/country/somalia

Alderman   

FGM is sickening, disgusting, barbaric and uncivilized.

You are right, if those people cannot even abolish FGM, than why do they think they deserve recognition as an independent country?

it's doesn't exist nowadays.... few only in remote areas,and isn't this a problem all somali ethnic group share.Your hate politics take you everywhere.Have some decency mate.You'r otha thread is about rape in SL & You agreed with "knight of wisdom" when he was insulting SL women in "Mogadishu our capital " thread.YAAB!

Somalia   

I'm not insulting women, I am helping them by highlighting that this supposedly "functional" government can't adhere to a simple regulation established in 1972.

Is this because the regulation was done by Siad Barre whom they do not like? I don't know, I am just asking questions and putting it out there for people to make their decision.

Naxar Nugaaleed;760125 wrote:
one wonders, what the difference is between Female Mutilation in Somalia and Somaliland

Well, the one in SLand is more deadly due to high levels of promiscuity within this population, therefore to prevent this plague, they have to resort to really barbaric and brutal methods!

Somalia;760135 wrote:
I'm not insulting women, I am helping them by highlighting that this
supposedly "functional" government can't adhere to a simple regulation established in 1972.

Is this because the regulation was done by
Siad Barre whom they do not like
?
I don't know
, I am just asking questions and putting it out there for people to make their decision.

it was there in 1972 & only get rid off after SL was established.Waa la suneeya iminka.Go check it for urslv.Why highlight what you not even sure & besides isn't it a somali or african problem.

Somalia   

Well, Somalia has no government that can enforce such a regulation, nor has it made itself look like a pillar in African governance like the secessionist region of Somaliland has.

Somalia;760150 wrote:
Well,
Somalia has no government that can enforce such a regulation
, nor has it made itself look like a pillar in African governance like the secessionist region of Somaliland has.

I told you it doesn't exist,it seems you can write but don't have the patience to read.It was there When Somalia was a gov't during Siyad.

Your politics is neva far away from you.

GaroweGal;760141 wrote:
Well, the one in SLand is more deadly due to high levels of promiscuity within this population, therefore to prevent this plague, they have to resort to really barbaric and brutal methods!

Look at this......hateful people.

Somalia;760150 wrote:
Well,
Somalia has no government that can enforce such a regulation
, nor has it made itself look like a pillar in African governance like the secessionist region of Somaliland has.

Ouch.!!!! the Truth hurts.. .. Damn right Mr Somalia..couldn't agree more... the so called Slanders are busy running around like a headless chicken looking for a recognition which they will NEVER EVER attain or achieve.. yet they cant combat this despicable crime perpertrated against defenceless young girls... and GAACUUR you hit the nail on the head..Indeed the rest of the Republic of Somalia has succeeded in eradicating FMG without proper functioning government for the past 2 decades.... this underlines the so called Sland government is a figment of the imagination and massive fraud.

burahadeer;760153 wrote:
Look at this......hateful people.

Burahadeer.. I know the Truth hurts .. what can I say, Buurtadheer oo aad saarantahay kasoo dhac oo suicide samee!!! am sure no one in Somalia will shed a single tear for you and your Sland associates.

"The rest of the Republic of Somalia without proper functioning gov't for the past 2 decades":D:D:D

I can see the jealousy.................................................

Bye abaayo.